Dmac on the Transfer Show

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DaveLister
Second Technician

Dmac on the Transfer Show

Post by DaveLister » 29 Jan 2020, 20:36

On Sky Sports News now.

Just commented that "not long ago, we had a manager who said we needed three more players after a pre season friendly. We'd just signed 16".

Wonder who he meant 😂

ashman

Re: Dmac on the Transfer Show

Post by ashman » 30 Jan 2020, 07:58

DaveLister wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 20:36
On Sky Sports News now.

Just commented that "not long ago, we had a manager who said we needed three more players after a pre season friendly. We'd just signed 16".

Wonder who he meant 😂
Brilliant. Shows some characters up for what they are!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 30 Jan 2020, 21:25

'Not long ago' (this season), I believe we’ve signed fourteen players, including three from the loan market away from which we were informed the club would prefer to stay.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 30 Jan 2020, 23:08

JohnC wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 21:25
'Not long ago' (this season), I believe we’ve signed fourteen players, including three from the loan market away from which we were informed the club would prefer to stay.
Such a shame we are playing so badly, and that the three loan signings are the ones responsible for that.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 31 Jan 2020, 00:25

bristleposh wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 23:08
JohnC wrote:
Such a shame we are playing so badly, and that the three loan signings are the ones responsible for that.
My comment relates solely to the implied profligacy of last season's signing policy when this season's has been very similar, numerically. Comment on the current good run belongs on another thread, in my view.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 31 Jan 2020, 08:55

JohnC wrote:
31 Jan 2020, 00:25
bristleposh wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 23:08
JohnC wrote:
My comment relates solely to the implied profligacy of last season's signing policy when this season's has been very similar, numerically. Comment on the current good run belongs on another thread, in my view.
You made a very implicit comment about the loan signings, Dembele and Toney were superb signings by the fat bloke, but, having sorted the defence by ditching the diamond, the signings of Ferguson have enhanced the side. In Kent we have a player who reminds me very much of Beckenbauer. We have moved forward from the days of that irritating man standing on the touch line and disagreeing with every decision.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 31 Jan 2020, 23:06

Kaiser Franzie Kent? It has a certain ring to it, I suppose. At Wycombe, though, he looked more like Gerd Muller: a crisp, first-time finish left Christy Pym with no chance.