Minute-management

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

JohnC

Minute-management

Post by JohnC » 18 Oct 2019, 13:12

I find it a little surprising that George Boyd, the most senior member of the squad, appears to have played every minute of the nine League One games he's started this season. Given that (due to injury, I believe) he's missed a quarter of our L1 games played to date, I would hope that some thought is being given to trying to ensure that he lasts the season at maximum effectiveness. When it comes to tactical substitutions, of course In-game situations throw up many variables (e.g. performance, injury, score, discipline), but three- or four-goal leads would normally offer chances to give Boyd an early finish.

By contrast, Maddison has finished only four of the eleven games he's started; he averages 75 minutes over twelve appearances, and four of his substitutions have come, according to the BBC, after 74, 75, 74 and 76 minutes, which suggests a degree of pre-planning.

Whenever the outcome of a game is in the balance in the closing stages, Maddison is a player I'd want on the pitch

With three games scheduled for the coming eight days, it might be interesting to watch the minutes logged by these two players.

ashman

Re: Minute-management

Post by ashman » 18 Oct 2019, 19:24

You may be right but if you watched Boydie running from the first minute to the last you wouldn't have posted that. The balance of the team is all important not the number of minutes that individual players have put in and Boydie is worth every minute that he has been on the pitch, so far!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'