Posh U23s v West Brom U23s

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Posh U23s v West Brom U23s

Post by ashman » 15 Oct 2019, 16:40

A superb game of end to end football. I arrived behind the goal just as they were about to kick off. By the time I had walked to the side of the pitch Posh were a goal down! In the next couple of minutes it was 1-1 with Harrison Burrows netting for Posh from a deflected shot. Butler then hit a screamer of a shot that the keeper spilt and Burrows followed up for his second.
A penalty, easily dispatched by Kanu put Posh into a 3-1 lead only for West Brom to claw it back to 3-2 just before half time.
Four substitutions, Thompson, Cartwright, Archie Jones (U18 skipper) and Ricky-Jade Jones were made in the second half, the newest recruit Copping replacing Cartwright being the only one I recognised.
West Brom came out with a tougher attitude in the second half, equalising and going ahead from two top class finishes from distance. That ended the scoring (3-4) after a very entertaining game.
Mention must go to Alex Woodyard who had a commanding game, as did Butler and Kanu. Ricky-Jade Jones several times showed what lightning speed he possesses. O'Malley looked comfortable in goal despite the scoreline and was blameless for any of the goals.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Re: Posh U23s v West Brom U23s

Post by bristleposh » 15 Oct 2019, 20:31

Thank you my good man
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

tonyp

Re: Posh U23s v West Brom U23s

Post by tonyp » 15 Oct 2019, 23:08

Thanks for the report ashman.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein