Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tonyp » 14 Mar 2020, 21:16

Poshay wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 12:56
With no live sport to watch and none on TV (if you exclude tonight's National League match (Shaymen v Ebbsfleet) what are we going to do with ourselves over the next few weeks/months?
Stock up on toilet paper and other things you don't really need. When the coronavirus scare is all over try to take it back. Good luck with that.

Woolworths Australia supermarket has prohibited panic buyers from getting their money back on items stockpiled during the coronavirus outbreak.
It issued a list of products that it won’t be accepting returns on.
They include “toilet paper, paper towel, tissues and serviettes, medicinal (pain relief), cleaning (anti-bacterial wipes, sprays and cleaners, disposable gloves), feminine hygiene and incontinence, baby wipes.
“Pasta and pasta sauce, canned food (fish, vegetables, soup, fruit and canned meals), flour and bread mixes, cooking oils, rice.”
Woolworths said it believed this was a “necessary measure to meet the demand of as many shoppers as possible” and thanked customers for understanding.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 15 Mar 2020, 15:28

Just a thought. If we oldies are instructed by the Government to self isolate until June and this means the end of our football season irrespective of whether football resumes, will we be able to reclaim for the lost matches on our season tickets?
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 15 Mar 2020, 15:37

Brian?
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

ashman

Post by ashman » 15 Mar 2020, 19:37

Poshay wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 15:28
Just a thought. If we oldies are instructed by the Government to self isolate until June and this means the end of our football season irrespective of whether football resumes, will we be able to reclaim for the lost matches on our season tickets?
I would hope that you would not even consider this! The club will find it hard to keep a cash flow going and if fans decide that they want refunds then that is hardly in the spirit of things!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

daib0

Post by daib0 » 15 Mar 2020, 21:27

Terrible here in North Spain lads. Prohibited to go into the street except for specific basics. You can't even go for a walk on your own. We been laid off work (at least paid in my case) for the rest of the month, but the rest of the season looks bleak, probably start back in August. It's no holiday I can assure you.

I'm in Pamplona near the Basque country and nearby Vitoria and La Rioja has loads of cases. It's all ballooning so rapidly. If the British government doesn't take BIG action this week you're all in f*** street,

Government here in Spain at last taking big action, even now putting the army onto the streets. Loudspeakers on the streets, it's like living a war situation.

One in my symphony orchestra has just tested positive so b*gg*r knows how my body is ..... 😠
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 15 Mar 2020, 21:50

So the UK is the worst equipped country in Europe to deal with the virus. It’s why we are taking different measures than every other country to try to cope with it.

Ten years of hideous austerity is coming home to roost. It’s what we deserve.

They should make everybody who voted Tory to go to the back of the queue if they get ill

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 16 Mar 2020, 09:28

Well, I'm back in work. Boss is adamant that nobody will work from home until it's government policy. With the liar running our country, that could be too late.

Looks like Brian did make up his story after all. I still await his apology.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 16 Mar 2020, 11:44

Gaz_Miller wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 09:28
Well, I'm back in work. Boss is adamant that nobody will work from home until it's government policy. With the liar running our country, that could be too late.

Looks like Brian did make up his story after all. I still await his apology.
No apology needed. I cannot personally legislate for your lack of awareness, and :roll: being unable to read or listen to the advice as given out.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 16 Mar 2020, 12:19

I stand corrected.

Thanks

daib0

Post by daib0 » 16 Mar 2020, 20:15

Spain has just announced closing its land borders at 12.00 tonight ... I'd say forget your summer holidays there lads...
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 16 Mar 2020, 22:07

At last the government has announced that we should work from home wherever we can!
I need to go in tomorrow to collect my stuff & then it looks like 12 weeks at home (at least).
Crazy times & very worrying

daib0

Post by daib0 » 17 Mar 2020, 11:17

The truth is that I'm not so bored at home. But you know, it seems incredible to me that in one package of rice there are 8976 grains and in the other 8982 !!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Mar 2020, 21:16

daib0 wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 11:17
The truth is that I'm not so bored at home. But you know, it seems incredible to me that in one package of rice there are 8976 grains and in the other 8982 !!
That is certainly incredible.
I was about to suggest you return the 8976 package and ask for a refund but if the stores there are anything like those in Brisbane they won't have any to replace them. And if you have opened them they won't take them back anyway. That is assuming you opened them to do your count.
I rang a manufacturer here and told them about your discovery. He said that his company only guarantee 8964 grains in a package.
So, if your rice is made in Australia you have done well in both packages.
In view of all of this I opened a package I had in our pantry and started to count. Unfortunately I fell asleep at 7500 (I was putting them in heaps of 500). I then knocked them over. I'll start again when I wake up and I'll let you know the result.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

daib0

Post by daib0 » 17 Mar 2020, 21:36

tonyp wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 21:16
daib0 wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 11:17
That is certainly incredible.
I was about to suggest you return the 8976 package and ask for a refund but if the stores there are anything like those in Brisbane they won't have any to replace them. And if you have opened them they won't take them back anyway. That is assuming you opened them to do your count.
I rang a manufacturer here and told them about your discovery. He said that his company only guarantee 8964 grains in a package.
So, if your rice is made in Australia you have done well in both packages.
In view of all of this I opened a package I had in our pantry and started to count. Unfortunately I fell asleep at 7500 (I was putting them in heaps of 500). I then knocked them over. I'll start again when I wake up and I'll let you know the result.
:clap:

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Mar 2020, 09:10

Latest from the club, videos from Bob Symns and Darragh. Keeping us up to date with the situation! :clap2:

https://www.theposh.com/news/2020/march ... situation/

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... bs-2482303
'Everybody needs to have a friend'