Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: Magic Marcus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 15 Jan 2020, 16:57

DoubleRay wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 13:22
Blackburn or Middlesbrough.
It's understandable he would want a more northern club. Who would want to go to Charlton?
Anyway the way certain Posh fans have treated him with disdain, I bet he can't wait to get away from moaning Poshies.
It's disgraceful the way some 'Posh' fans have behaved towards Marcus.

I genuinely think we'd be in League 2 now without him.

Be very careful what you wish for because I just can't see where the next goal is coming from without him.
I have no internet friends

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Jan 2020, 21:20

Football Insider says
https://www.footballinsider247.com/reve ... -maddison/
Charlton Athletic have hit a major stumbling block in their bid to sign Peterborough United star Marcus Maddison as he has yet to agree personal terms, Football Insider has learned.
A Charlton source has told Football Insider that the two parties have so far been unable to agree personal terms and are quite a distance apart over the offer on the table.
The League One promotion hopefuls are prepared to cash in on their star man this month rather than risk allowing him to run down his contract.
If Charlton are unable to reach an agreement with Maddison the former Newcastle United youngster could decide to see out his contract and leave on a free transfer at the end of the season.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 16 Jan 2020, 13:37

Marcus given permission to speak to two more Championship clubs.

Sad day to be a Posh fan.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 16 Jan 2020, 13:54

not as sad as when we signed Kyle Dempsey on loan last season :lol: :lol:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 16 Jan 2020, 14:04

HantsPosh wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 13:54
Or Beevers, Butler, Pym, Boyd, Tasdemir this season.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 16 Jan 2020, 15:47

I can forgive you being critical of Beevers and Butler and concede that Boyd has not been as good as I had hoped and expected, but Pym has done well and Tasdemir is going to be our next big thing he doesn’t need you to do a Leo on him at his age. Next you’ll be saying that Jones has not got enough experience.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 16 Jan 2020, 15:57

bristleposh wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 15:47
I can forgive you being critical of Beevers and Butler and concede that Boyd has not been as good as I had hoped and expected, but Pym has done well and Tasdemir is going to be our next big thing he doesn’t need you to do a Leo on him at his age. Next you’ll be saying that Jones has not got enough experience.
For the record, there were only two or three of us on mumsnet who ALWAYS praised Leo. We could see how good a footballer he was. It's one of the reasons I was banned - for showing up the clique with my knowledge.

Tasdemir is not fit to tie Leo's laces & I will wager with anyone that he either ends up in league 2 or back in non-league.

As for Pym - come on. He's had a very poor season to date.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 16 Jan 2020, 16:05

Gaz_Miller wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 15:57
bristleposh wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 15:47
For the record, there were only two or three of us on mumsnet who ALWAYS praised Leo. We could see how good a footballer he was. It's one of the reasons I was banned - for showing up the clique with my knowledge.

Tasdemir is not fit to tie Leo's laces & I will wager with anyone that he either ends up in league 2 or back in non-league.

As for Pym - come on. He's had a very poor season to date.
Forgive me, I know I’m not as knowledgeable about football as you, I have it on very good authority, your good self. However I think I’ll stand by Pym and Tasdemir

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 16 Jan 2020, 16:23

bristleposh wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 16:05

Forgive me, I know I’m not as knowledgeable about football as you, I have it on very good authority, your good self. However I think I’ll stand by Pym and Tasdemir
You told me not "to do a Leo on him" so I defended myself. I always liked Leo & thought the stick he got was shocking (& now those idiots have been proven completely wrong leaving them to look really stupid).

I also stand by Pym & Tasdemir. I will wager that both leave the club this summer.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 16 Jan 2020, 17:36

Gaz_Miller wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 14:04
HantsPosh wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 13:54
Or Beevers, Butler, Pym, Boyd, Tasdemir this season.
Or Cummings, Chapman, Woodward, O'Hara..... actually, everyone apart from Toney from last season.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 16 Jan 2020, 17:52

DaveLister wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 17:36
Or Cummings, Chapman, Woodward, O'Hara..... actually, everyone apart from Toney from last season.
Must have had a brilliant manager to get us in the play-offs then.

Not so good this year though.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 16 Jan 2020, 21:41

Gaz_Miller wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 17:52
DaveLister wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 17:36
Must have had a brilliant manager to get us in the play-offs then.

Not so good this year though.
A brilliant manager wouldn't have wasted time and money on a bunch of carthorses who couldn't buy a win this time last year.

Neither can Ferguson at the moment of course, but at least he doesn't blame everyone and everything apart from himself while alienating those players he signed.

Even Fry took responsibility when he screwed up.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 16 Jan 2020, 22:24

From the Sunderland Echo
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/fo ... st-1367259
Sunderland-linked Marcus Maddison sees his transfer saga take a fresh twist
Marcus Maddison’s transfer saga has taken another twist - with the Sunderland-linked attacker now in talks with two Championship sides.
Stay here Marcus!
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 16 Jan 2020, 23:06

tonyp wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 22:24
From the Sunderland Echo
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/fo ... st-1367259
Sunderland-linked Marcus Maddison sees his transfer saga take a fresh twist
Marcus Maddison’s transfer saga has taken another twist - with the Sunderland-linked attacker now in talks with two Championship sides.
Stay here Marcus!
Is he in Australia now

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 17 Jan 2020, 00:46

Toney and Godden were Evans signings, I believe, as were Reed and Dembele. Chapman as a L2 ‘Golden Glove’ award-winner and Woodyard as Player of the Season for up-and-coming Lincoln City seemed exactly the sort of signing we ought to be making. Daniel, Cooke and others didn’t make the grade, but we’ve had managers who perceived competence in Joe Gormley, Luke James and Tom Nichols. To varying degrees, there was a core of players signed last season who were stepping up a division or two – Chapman, Woodyard, Bennett, Dembele and Reed – and who didn’t look out of place in a side which finished seventh. Naismith looked solid at L1 level. O’Hara may have been shown the door too soon. I don’t second-guess Evans on his signing policy; it compares quite favourably with this season’s – not least in terms of cost and added value.

Tafazolli and Maddison were already on the books, as was Ward, so Evans assembled a play-off calibre team – not a claim one would make with much confidence about the present tenth-place team. If Knight returns to the line-up, we might be fielding three loan signings – not an obvious indicator of a sound team-building strategy.
Last edited by JohnC on 17 Jan 2020, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.