Election in December

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Who will you vote for

Poll ended at 30 Oct 2019, 22:35

1. Conservatives
100%
2. The Losers
No votes

Total votes: 4

White G

Re: Election in December

Post by White G » 06 Nov 2019, 21:37

trevormans wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 19:52
You don't seem to be capable of answering my questions

Merely diversion and avoidance
And "what abouts?"

The great liar does it all the time and just highlights his shallowness and preparedness to rattle slogans
That's because he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Misguided loyalty to to people who don't care about him. No matter what happens, it's still better than the alternative (evil communists).

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 07 Nov 2019, 12:50

bristleposh wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 21:22
trevormans wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 19:52
You don't seem to be capable of answering my questions

Merely diversion and avoidance
And "what abouts?"

The great liar does it all the time and just highlights his shallowness and preparedness to rattle slogans
I thought I had answered it when I said Yes
My 2 questions began with "why?" Yes is not a proper answer to such questions

However you chose the diversionary "what about corbyn"

That is the great liars approach

Do not answer. Do not allow allow scrutiny.
Go for slogans tell untruths
This is the opposite of democracy yet he pretends to be democratic

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Nov 2019, 13:57

Sorry Trevor I confused the question with one posted by Gaz, I had thought that was your question to which he had asked a yes or no answer. I gave my answer and all of a sudden the toys went out the pram, obviously my answer was not the one he had expected, remind me of your question, if I can’t answer I will give you the answer as I see it.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 09 Nov 2019, 17:49

:stupid:
Gaz_Miller wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 18:28
Thinking about it, that’s it for me too on here.

I can’t associate myself with anybody who would call others who have lost their lives.

Like the others who won’t join from dot net (I could have made a huge difference to this site as there are many on there who would love a different message board), I’ll resist posting here whilst you’re around.

Good luck all, keep the faith, up the Posh & Fergie out! 😄

PS By the way, plans are in place for something new for Posh fans very soon. I'll let you know
If that's it for you posting on here, how do you propose to tell us about something new for us? Sign language, maybe? Perhaps Morse or Braille?

White G

Post by White G » 11 Nov 2019, 19:02

What policies would make someone vote Tory? Genuine question as on paper I'd say Labour's policies are far more agreeable for 99% of the population. I must be missing something but when I see the policies in black & white (not on propoganda media), I just don't get it.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Nov 2019, 19:24

White G wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 19:02
What policies would make someone vote Tory? Genuine question as on paper I'd say Labour's policies are far more agreeable for 99% of the population. I must be missing something but when I see the policies in black & white (not on propoganda media), I just don't get it.
If occasionally you looked at the cost of anything this Labour Party are promising you wouldn’t bother asking such a stupid question, if you know anything about rugby union, you’d realise that Labour are the Saracens of politics. Their wonderful policies would cost approximately £650 per day. That’s more than Neymar earns at PSG.

White G

Post by White G » 11 Nov 2019, 23:44

bristleposh wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 19:24
White G wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 19:02
If occasionally you looked at the cost of anything this Labour Party are promising you wouldn’t bother asking such a stupid question, if you know anything about rugby union, you’d realise that Labour are the Saracens of politics. Their wonderful policies would cost approximately £650 per day. That’s more than Neymar earns at PSG.
Nothing they suggest isn't done successfully in other countries. Our public services are run by foreign governments who take all the profits out the country.

The Tories cut all our services to give tax breaks to the super rich. This is why they're being bankrolled by Russian oligarchs and have the media in their pockets.

Still doesn't answer my question, why would someone choose to vote Tory? For me, the thought of having to retire at 75 with the 2nd worst pension in Western Europe, loss of the NHS, loss of workers rights etc makes me think it would be crazy to vote for them.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Nov 2019, 23:49

I take it you believe in Unicorns, if you believe all the rubbish that's printed by the left wing tabloids and the Grauniad. I would vote Tory every time because their policies don't aim to bankrupt the country.

White G

Post by White G » 12 Nov 2019, 00:21

bristleposh wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 23:49
I take it you believe in Unicorns, if you believe all the rubbish that's printed by the left wing tabloids and the Grauniad. I would vote Tory every time because their policies don't aim to bankrupt the country.
Hasn't the debt more than tripled under the Tories and our credit rating gone down? Cutbacks everywhere while they refuse to clamp down on tax dodging corporations.

So in conclusion, the only reason to vote Tory is for economic prudence?

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 12 Nov 2019, 12:22

White G wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 00:21
bristleposh wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 23:49
Hasn't the debt more than tripled under the Tories and our credit rating gone down? Cutbacks everywhere while they refuse to clamp down on tax dodging corporations.

So in conclusion, the only reason to vote Tory is for economic prudence?
Not a bad reason at all. Two more - no more four day working week nonsense nor taking a 10% share "confiscation" from companies to be given away.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Nov 2019, 18:08

Well said cynic, trouble is you can't educate pork.

White G

Post by White G » 12 Nov 2019, 19:30

You definitely can't call the Tories economically prudent given that the debts trebled, poverty shot up through the roof, public services falling apart etc etc. Time & time again the shambles and utterly disgusting statistics of the last 9 years get forgotten about & people seem to accept us falling further & further behind the rest of Europe.

The Tories have proven that they're the problem and not the solution. No positive, credible case for them has grabbed my attention. What about the other parties, thoughts?

White G

Post by White G » 12 Nov 2019, 19:40

bristleposh wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 18:08
You can't educate somebody if you're unable to make any kind of positive (and factual) case. All I get is fear over a potentially worse alternative but that's not the question I ask.

I'll make it easier then. Tell me what's improved in the last 9 years and why I should be confident that the future is rosey after what we've been through under the Tories tenure? Surely in 9 years they've made a positive difference somewhere?

I await my education Bristle.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Nov 2019, 20:06

White G wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 19:40
bristleposh wrote:
You can't educate somebody if you're unable to make any kind of positive (and factual) case. All I get is fear over a potentially worse alternative but that's not the question I ask.

I'll make it easier then. Tell me what's improved in the last 9 years and why I should be confident that the future is rosey after what we've been through under the Tories tenure? Surely in 9 years they've made a positive difference somewhere?

I do not understand where you get your figures, for a start unemployment is down to a recent time low, wages have increased for lowest section of society ie the working class, as nobody should give a hoot about the lazy drug addled, drink addled losers at the base of society who are worse off because benefits are lower, Buisness has been supported by lowering taxes, Police numbers have increased during the course of this government by almost 70k.

There are so many things other these simple figures, I wouldn't expect a Liberal who doesn't believe in democracy, a Labour supporter who tries to get a terrorist sympathiser elected, or a Jock who refuses to recognise two losing votes (breaking up of the Union and Brexit) to understand facts.

White G

Post by White G » 12 Nov 2019, 21:25

bristleposh wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 20:06
White G wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 19:40
bristleposh wrote:

I do not understand where you get your figures, for a start unemployment is down to a recent time low, wages have increased for lowest section of society ie the working class, as nobody should give a hoot about the lazy drug addled, drink addled losers at the base of society who are worse off because benefits are lower, Buisness has been supported by lowering taxes, Police numbers have increased during the course of this government by almost 70k.

There are so many things other these simple figures, I wouldn't expect a Liberal who doesn't believe in democracy, a Labour supporter who tries to get a terrorist sympathiser elected, or a Jock who refuses to recognise two losing votes (breaking up of the Union and Brexit) to understand facts.
Police numbers up by 70k? https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47225797

Increases in employment still don't allow folk to work their way out of poverty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48677693

Lower taxes for businesses may be good for some but the gulf in inequality is getting beyond a joke now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47370739

I don't think anyone could deny that Corbyn has a far better record than the Tories when it comes to making decisions on international affairs.

https://theworldturnedupsidedownne.word ... f-history/

And why is he the terrorist sympathiser when the Tories were talking to them too?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern- ... -16366413

In fact the Tories are currently working with terrorists who they bribed in order to keep power at any cost.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... party.html