Close Season Quiz

Jokes, Riddles and Trivia. Keep them clean please!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20280
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by tonyp » 19 May 2019, 02:53

If I found the song you mean I wouldn't have said it was completely ruined.
But you have a much better appreciation of songs (even country) than I have.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29277
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by bristleposh » 20 May 2019, 22:17

Oh well the answer to that of course was "I will always love you" by the lovely Dolly Parton.
As Tony is the only person who is answering the questions I will have to think seriously about my next question

Who won the 1991 World Cup in rugby union and who did they beat in the final
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29277
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by bristleposh » 20 May 2019, 22:18

for everybody else who won the the World cup in rugby union in 2003 and who did they beat in the final
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20280
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by tonyp » 21 May 2019, 09:54

bristleposh wrote:
20 May 2019, 22:17

Who won the 1991 World Cup in rugby union and who did they beat in the final
:lol: :clap: :clap2:
Last edited by tonyp on 21 May 2019, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20280
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by tonyp » 21 May 2019, 09:56

bristleposh wrote:
20 May 2019, 22:18
for everybody else who won the the World cup in rugby union in 2003 and who did they beat in the final
I presume I'm not allowed to answer this one.
Everybody else should think of Jonny Wilkinson.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29277
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by bristleposh » 21 May 2019, 10:11

Past the silly season and Ashman has given me some guidance so here is a nice easy one

Gala, Pink Lady and Cox Orange Pippin are all what type of fruit?
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18200
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by ashman » 21 May 2019, 17:10

bristleposh wrote:
21 May 2019, 10:11
Past the silly season and Ashman has given me some guidance so here is a nice easy one

Gala, Pink Lady and Cox Orange Pippin are all what type of fruit?
That's more like the standard of question that a high proportion of posters could answer! I think I got it right! You have a PM bristle.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20280
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by tonyp » 21 May 2019, 21:47

ashman wrote:
21 May 2019, 17:10
bristleposh wrote:
21 May 2019, 10:11
Past the silly season and Ashman has given me some guidance so here is a nice easy one

Gala, Pink Lady and Cox Orange Pippin are all what type of fruit?
That's more like the standard of question that a high proportion of posters could answer! I think I got it right! You have a PM bristle.
If Ashman got it right it must be easy!
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18200
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by ashman » 22 May 2019, 01:05

tonyp wrote:
21 May 2019, 21:47
ashman wrote:
21 May 2019, 17:10
bristleposh wrote:
21 May 2019, 10:11
Past the silly season and Ashman has given me some guidance so here is a nice easy one

Gala, Pink Lady and Cox Orange Pippin are all what type of fruit?
That's more like the standard of question that a high proportion of posters could answer! I think I got it right! You have a PM bristle.
If Ashman got it right it must be easy!
Oy! I resemble that remark!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29277
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by bristleposh » 22 May 2019, 07:54

A lot more responses to that question, all correct Apples.

So working on that assumption the easier the better. Try this for size for the next question

Which sport is the subject of the 1993 film ‘Cool Runnings’?
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20280
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by tonyp » 22 May 2019, 10:12

Everybody knows that.
Ask another one on Country music.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18200
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by ashman » 22 May 2019, 10:50

tonyp wrote:
22 May 2019, 10:12
Everybody knows that.
Ask another one on Country music.
No they don't and Country Music is boring beyond belief, imo!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20280
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by tonyp » 22 May 2019, 21:49

ashman wrote:
22 May 2019, 10:50
tonyp wrote:
22 May 2019, 10:12
Everybody knows that.
Ask another one on Country music.
No they don't and Country Music is boring beyond belief, imo!
:lol:
I'm glad you added the imo
Image
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29277
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by bristleposh » 23 May 2019, 07:13

Answer to yesterday's question was Bobsleigh, either too easy or Google was on fire.

Today Which four actors played the four main parts in ‘The Young Ones’? Boom no googling
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20280
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Close Season Quiz

Post by tonyp » 23 May 2019, 09:55

bristleposh wrote:
23 May 2019, 07:13
Answer to yesterday's question was Bobsleigh, either too easy or Google was on fire.

Today Which four actors played the four main parts in ‘The Young Ones’? Boom no googling
I guarantee that no-one will answer that correctly without googling.
Cliff Richard definitely wasn't one of them.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Post Reply