The end for Trump??

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2071
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

The end for Trump??

Post by White G » 29 Sep 2020, 15:02

Things are looking grim for him. Thoughts?

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by ashman » 29 Sep 2020, 15:05

White G wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 15:02
Things are looking grim for him. Thoughts?
He doesn't have any - he just opens his gob and then he believes whatever comes out!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20659
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by tonyp » 29 Sep 2020, 19:37

White G wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 15:02
Things are looking grim for him. Thoughts?
If you believe what you read, hear or see in (most of) the media then "looking grim" is an understatement.

He's already saying that if he loses the election it will only be because it is rigged.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by ashman » 29 Sep 2020, 19:39

tonyp wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 19:37
White G wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 15:02
Things are looking grim for him. Thoughts?
If you believe what you read, hear or see in (most of) the media then "looking grim" is an understatement.

He's already saying that if he loses the election it will only be because it is rigged.
Ironic or what!? :clap: :D
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6445
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by Poshay » 30 Sep 2020, 07:35

Having seen snippets of last night's "debate" I fear for the Free World if either of them win the election. Surely a great country like the USA can come up with some better candidate than those two individuals.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 806
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by Gaz_Miller » 30 Sep 2020, 08:25

Poshay wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 07:35
Having seen snippets of last night's "debate" I fear for the Free World if either of them win the election. Surely a great country like the USA can come up with some better candidate than those two individuals.
I think we need to worry about our own breed of idiots running this country before we pick on America
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30041
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by bristleposh » 30 Sep 2020, 09:07

Gaz_Miller wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 08:25
Poshay wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 07:35
Having seen snippets of last night's "debate" I fear for the Free World if either of them win the election. Surely a great country like the USA can come up with some better candidate than those two individuals.
I think we need to worry about our own breed of idiots running this country before we pick on America
Totally agree with you, there are so few sensible candidates within the halls of Westminster that deserve to be there, from either side of the house. As for the Americans, I fail to understand why the news on all channels gives them so much lead time not just on elections, but on weather, celebrity, and criminality. I know who the New Zealand PM is, but have no idea what the weather conditions are. Very few other international leaders get a mention on our news bulletins, and certainly not their weather, celebrity, or criminality is like.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by ashman » 30 Sep 2020, 11:02

bristleposh wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 09:07
Gaz_Miller wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 08:25
Poshay wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 07:35
Having seen snippets of last night's "debate" I fear for the Free World if either of them win the election. Surely a great country like the USA can come up with some better candidate than those two individuals.
I think we need to worry about our own breed of idiots running this country before we pick on America
Totally agree with you, there are so few sensible candidates within the halls of Westminster that deserve to be there, from either side of the house. As for the Americans, I fail to understand why the news on all channels gives them so much lead time not just on elections, but on weather, celebrity, and criminality. I know who the New Zealand PM is, but have no idea what the weather conditions are. Very few other international leaders get a mention on our news bulletins, and certainly not their weather, celebrity, or criminality is like.
I think, unfortunately, that we mirror the USA on many specifics, usually sometime after. They affect us a lot more than New Zealand and their celebrities, their criminality and their weather! This is probably why the USA is prominent in our news casts.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30041
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by bristleposh » 30 Sep 2020, 11:14

Whether or not their weather has any effect on ours there are certainly lots of wethers in NZ
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by ashman » 30 Sep 2020, 11:30

bristleposh wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 11:14
Whether or not their weather has any effect on ours there are certainly lots of wethers in NZ
That's the worst spell of weather I have ever experienced! :wink: :D
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6445
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by Poshay » 30 Sep 2020, 13:12

ashman wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 11:30
bristleposh wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 11:14
Whether or not their weather has any effect on ours there are certainly lots of wethers in NZ
That's the worst spell of weather I have ever experienced! :wink: :D
He was probably just referring to Derby County supporters with no bottle. :wink:
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2071
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by White G » 30 Sep 2020, 13:18

The media somehow portray the USA to be close to us, much more so than our closer European neighbours.

I can remember a BBC news headline story one day that 1 person died in a train crash in New York. Obviously a slow news day but:

1) Why is this the main story here in the UK?
2) If it happened in Bucharest or Warsaw, would it even make the news at all here?
3) Do you think the headline story in the USA would ever be of 1 person dying in an accident in Grimsby or Inverness?
4) Does this mean that American lives are more important than other nationalities?

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6445
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by Poshay » 02 Oct 2020, 07:36

His Covid infection has come at a lucky time ; he'll perhaps win a sympathy vote.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30041
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by bristleposh » 02 Oct 2020, 07:51

Poshay wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 07:36
His Covid infection has come at a lucky time ; he'll perhaps win a sympathy vote.
I wonder if he still thinks it’s a hoax
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: The end for Trump??

Post by ashman » 02 Oct 2020, 08:00

bristleposh wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 07:51
Poshay wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 07:36
His Covid infection has come at a lucky time ; he'll perhaps win a sympathy vote.
I wonder if he still thinks it’s a hoax
I reckon he does think it to be a hoax. He is a master tactician. He knows that he faired really badly in the recent debate and cannot trust himself to conduct another one. This could get him out of any other face to face confrontations and as Poshay says could well win him a sympathy vote.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Post Reply