U-Turn #4672

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

U-Turn #4672

Post by Gaz_Miller » 17 Aug 2020, 15:28

Can anybody remember a government having to conduct so many U-turns in such a short space of time?

Please, anybody who voted for this lot, tell me why you are happy with the way they've conducted themselves in the first 12 months of office. Anything, a single crumb, please.

I'm 54 & I genuienly can't remember any government being this incompetent. I don't care if they're Tories, Labour, Lib Dems or Raving Loonies - they're simply not up to the task.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Re: U-Turn #4672

Post by bristleposh » 17 Aug 2020, 18:04

Yes, they’ve been terrible I have no doubt anybody else would have done better, especially with the benefit of hindsight. I blame the stupid people in the Labour Party who made them unelectable.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Aug 2020, 18:31

Just watching the BBC news ask me how sorry I feel for all these poor people who’s children are suffering due to not being able to educate them at home. Chap from St Helens complaining that he can’t do maths himself. I bet he could work out how much drugs he was getting for his little silver coins. Strange how the majority of poor people have so much money for drink, drugs, and, to get themselves diabetes by being overweight.
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 17 Aug 2020, 18:50

bristleposh wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 18:04
Yes, they’ve been terrible I have no doubt anybody else would have done better, especially with the benefit of hindsight.
There was no hindsight necessary for u-turn #4672. Just common sense & not a desire to only look after the elite.

Nicola Sturgeon yet again has led the way. Apologising within 24 hours of the debacle & removing the algorithm. Why has it taken our 'leader' almost a week to do the same thing - five days after the education minister said "100% no u-turn on this"?

It's not hindsight - stop blaming absolutely everything on that. It's pure incompetence & being totally out of touch with people who live in the real world.

Can you imagine the media if Corbyn had got in & had handled every single issue this badly?

Read my signature - people without money who voted for this government have made a huge mistake.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Aug 2020, 19:05

Gaz_Miller wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 18:50
bristleposh wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 18:04
Yes, they’ve been terrible I have no doubt anybody else would have done better, especially with the benefit of hindsight.
There was no hindsight necessary for u-turn #4672. Just common sense & not a desire to only look after the elite.

Nicola Sturgeon yet again has led the way. Apologising within 24 hours of the debacle & removing the algorithm. Why has it taken our 'leader' almost a week to do the same thing - five days after the education minister said "100% no u-turn on this"?

It's not hindsight - stop blaming absolutely everything on that. It's pure incompetence & being totally out of touch with people who live in the real world.

Can you imagine the media if Corbyn had got in & had handled every single issue this badly?

Read my signature - people without money who voted for this government have made a huge mistake.
I imagine like most sensible people he has been on holiday, I’m not interested in what anybody says about Corbyn, He was the reason so many voted for Johnson. It was actually four days, I take it you didn’t get the grade you wanted in Maths.
they're a prat!

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 17 Aug 2020, 19:59

Actually Bristle, Diane Abbott and Corbyn were the reasons people voted Tory, though it has to be remembered no-one would trust a Prime minister who would appoint Abbott in his cabinet

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 17 Aug 2020, 20:26

As expected, totally pathetic responses concentrating more on Jeremy Corbyn than the government you voted in.

I feel for you. The utter shame and embarrassment of knowing you are part of the problem.
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Aug 2020, 21:21

Gaz_Miller wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 20:26
As expected, totally pathetic responses concentrating more on Jeremy Corbyn than the government you voted in.

I feel for you. The utter shame and embarrassment of knowing you are part of the problem.
You mentioned Corbyn first
they're a prat!

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 18 Aug 2020, 20:19

Gaz_Miller wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 20:26

Well, the alternative is a government with Diane Abbott in it

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Aug 2020, 21:55

I see we are once again turning to a mud slinging match in politics! :evil: :twisted:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

White G

Post by White G » 18 Aug 2020, 22:25

Nothing will improve as long as people accept the absolutely diabolical state of this government. I don't know what it would take for certain people to realise.

If you speak to foreign people, they cannot believe that we allow this to happen.

The fear tactic seems to take a hold of certain people which is really sad. The establishment back their man to the hilt, and create this idea that no matter how bad things are, there is no possible alternative. Even under a nuclear holocaust, some people would still be spouting that Corbyn would do worse.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Aug 2020, 22:37

White G wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 22:25
Nothing will improve as long as people accept the absolutely diabolical state of this government. I don't know what it would take for certain people to realise.

If you speak to foreign people, they cannot believe that we allow this to happen.

The fear tactic seems to take a hold of certain people which is really sad. The establishment back their man to the hilt, and create this idea that no matter how bad things are, there is no possible alternative. Even under a nuclear holocaust, some people would still be spouting that Corbyn would do worse.
because it would be true
they're a prat!

White G

Post by White G » 18 Aug 2020, 23:27

Probably not as Corbyn has been correct in all the big war votes, and would be less likely to be amidst a nuclear conflict than Bungling Boris.

Thought processes like yours are why this country is done for. You have no thoughts or suggestions on how things could/should improve. Instead you simply accept being taken advantage of by your superiors, thus resulting in further decline.