Brexodus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Brexodus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 06 Aug 2020, 10:56

It appears 'Brexodus' is a real thing. Trending on social media for a few days of how many Brits are looking to move abroad now our departure from the EU looms ever closer.

I've made it no secret that I'm going & have now accepted that Brexit is happening. I don't want it but I won't argue about it anymore. Time to put up or shut up.

Interesting article in the Guardian too - surprised how many have moved/are moving to Germany.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rexit-vote
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Re: Brexodus

Post by bristleposh » 06 Aug 2020, 12:25

I wanted to move to Bulgaria before they joined the EU, but in the end my wife didn't like it there and I thought I'd miss watching the football too much.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 07 Aug 2020, 10:54

Wow - tried to book five properties in to look at in France at the end of the month, and THREE of them have been sold in this last two weeks!

Agent told me they can't cope with volume of Brits trying to buy over there.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 07 Aug 2020, 16:52

Gaz_Miller wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 10:54
Wow - tried to book five properties in to look at in France at the end of the month, and THREE of them have been sold in this last two weeks!

Agent told me they can't cope with volume of Brits trying to buy over there.
Good, less people in the shops and on the roads. Too many people in this Country already. :clap:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 07 Aug 2020, 19:14

Brianposh wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 16:52
Good, less people in the shops and on the roads. Too many people in this Country already.
Too right. Leave all the selfish ones be........oh
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Aug 2020, 19:41

The French could do with stopping a lot of these boats coming across, it’s not rocket science
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Aug 2020, 09:02

Why should the French look after us? We’ve left that little group in case you’ve forgotten.

If I was them, I’d be giving the boats a little push in our direction.

Typical. Wanting cake & eating it. The second selfish post in this thread - both from Brexiteers
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Aug 2020, 09:15

Gaz_Miller wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 09:02
Why should the French look after us? We’ve left that little group in case you’ve forgotten.

If I was them, I’d be giving the boats a little push in our direction.

Typical. Wanting cake & eating it. The second selfish post in this thread - both from Brexiteers
Last time I looked we were still a UN nation as is France, I think we are both in NATO too, without being in that totally ruinous shambles called the EU
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Aug 2020, 13:46

It’s okay. We’re currently negotiating a trade deal with Liechtenstein.

We’ll be the envy of the world again soon.
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Aug 2020, 18:55

Gaz_Miller wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 13:46
It’s okay. We’re currently negotiating a trade deal with Liechtenstein.

We’ll be the envy of the world again soon.
I think your spelling is appalling, it’s spelled Japan
they're a prat!

White G

Post by White G » 13 Aug 2020, 18:36

Deepest recession of all European countries, and this is before the no deal Brexit kicks in. I'll be staying put but at least we have hope in Scotland (independence)

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Aug 2020, 19:05

You just can’t help yourself can you

Scottish Independence vote - lost
2015 General Election - lost
Brexit vote - lost
2019 General Election - lost

I’m spotting a pattern have you got it yet, fewer people want to break the Union, wish to vote for nutters like Corbyn and want to remain as part of a club that was stopping our small island from getting the Great back in Britain
they're a prat!

White G

Post by White G » 13 Aug 2020, 22:39

Hitler won elections, I don't see exactly what your point is Bristle!

Fewer people want to break the Union? The last 5 credible polls have suggested otherwise. The exit from the EU (62% voted remain), continued Tory disasters (when was the last time Scotland voted Tory?), excellent handling of Covid-19 by the Scottish Government compared to Westminster & despair are the increasingly right-wing views down south have led to a big swing. Quite a lot of other English people up here that I know would prefer an independent Scotland too, it's not about a desire to break up the Union but the sheer despair of the way the Tory Government operates.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Aug 2020, 22:48

White G wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 22:39
Hitler won elections, I don't see exactly what your point is Bristle!

Fewer people want to break the Union? The last 5 credible polls have suggested otherwise. The exit from the EU (62% voted remain), continued Tory disasters (when was the last time Scotland voted Tory?), excellent handling of Covid-19 by the Scottish Government compared to Westminster & despair are the increasingly right-wing views down south have led to a big swing. Quite a lot of other English people up here that I know would prefer an independent Scotland too, it's not about a desire to break up the Union but the sheer despair of the way the Tory Government operates.
Behave, next you'll be saying that Scotland is better at football than England, notwithstanding that they are way below Australia in the rankings and only five places above the mighty Qatar.

Polls mean sweet FA, the only thing that matters is the ballot box and dopey Dora only wins because stupid people like you vote for her.
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 19 Oct 2020, 10:09

A serious couple of questions for those who voted Brexit.

Are you happy with a No Deal Brexit?

Would you have voted for it if you knew that would be the [eventual] outcome?
― Unarine Ramaru