Katie Hopkins

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29976
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by bristleposh » 21 Jun 2020, 20:31

Wonder Mike wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 20:29
bristleposh wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 13:37
trevormans wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 13:28
Is that really the tweet that triggered her banning


I dont see it as hateful

I dont understand it, but it is probably just stupid
Indeed they were obviously just looking for an excuse to placate the 75,000 who petition for her demise not listening to her 1.1 million followers. I don't agree with everything she says but when she says something it is nearer the truth than that which comes from the left-wing press. For the risk of dragging up old sores, I was banned from DotNet (14 years ago apparently) for saying "That's the trouble with this country, you can't call a spade a spade" apparently it's very funny if a lefty says it, but if a righty says it it is, banned for life. Another case of they couldn't wait to get rid of me, just looking for an excuse.


You should have gone after listing Meatspin but for some reason you got a reprieve.

Then you ******* it yourself.

So stop bloody whinging
Meatspin was meant to be funny, the fact that you remembered it so well means you must have put it on your favourites.
Last edited by bristleposh on 22 Jun 2020, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by trevormans » 22 Jun 2020, 07:33

Purely because Johnson and his boss cummings says there is bias from bbc ITV sky ch4 does not mean they are biased

Any government will always be a target for attention purely because they are in power. It will be the same if there is a left of centre government

There is not an attack on right of centre politicians/supporters/policies

There is an attack on incompetence on stupidity 'on lack of scrutiny,on lies and on an attack on democracy. This government has displayed all of these. The number of u turns highlights this. These are not traditional tory traits. They are the traits of this government.led by a Johnson and manipulated by a crooked adviser

Anybody with any common sense and sense of decency should attack such incompetence lies etc

The fact that the government are genuinely scared to be put under scrutiny on certain tv radio programmes again highlights their lack of competence

Given this, can you demonstrate actual continual media bias?I believe you cannot

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29976
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2020, 10:22

trevormans wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 07:33


Anybody with any common sense and sense of decency should attack such incompetence lies etc

I have no common sense or decency, I think that's what you are saying. The Panorama programme on the BBC a few weeks ago, full of lies and led by far-left. The care worker, the professor and the other I can't remember what qualified her but she was a Labour agitator.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by trevormans » 22 Jun 2020, 14:48

do you support such lies incompetence, stupidity, lack of scrutiny , attack on democracy?
if you do then in my view you are not demonstrating common sense or decency. Perhaps you think you are demonstrating common sense or decency when you tell us that maybe Wilberforce was wrong.



However

if you are highlighting only one programme , and only one, then

a) that is barely actual continual media bias

b) what were the lies being told?

c) the government was asked to participate but chose not to

d) you seem to be attacking the messenger rather than the message

e) the government was asked to comment . They did not highlight any untruths in the programme. They merely said that some of the contributors were activists.

f) it is in the way of things that those who are motivated will speak up about wrongs. Many others would be frightened to do so

g) this was I believe, largely about the poor response to the pandemic, largely about PPE. Some 65000 have now died. This is a national disgrace and a national scandal. It is totally correct that such a shameful response be reported

h) this was within weeks of BBC reporting that Johnson was telling us what a success the government's policy had been. This was fair and balanced reporting, albeit about Johnson's lies

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29976
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2020, 15:32

trevormans wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 14:48
do you support such lies incompetence, stupidity, lack of scrutiny , attack on democracy?
if you do then in my view you are not demonstrating common sense or decency. Perhaps you think you are demonstrating common sense or decency when you tell us that maybe Wilberforce was wrong.

every bloody thread

However

if you are highlighting only one programme , and only one, then

a) that is barely actual continual media bias

b) what were the lies being told?

c) the government was asked to participate but chose not to

d) you seem to be attacking the messenger rather than the message

e) the government was asked to comment . They did not highlight any untruths in the programme. They merely said that some of the contributors were activists.

f) it is in the way of things that those who are motivated will speak up about wrongs. Many others would be frightened to do so

g) this was I believe, largely about the poor response to the pandemic, largely about PPE. Some 65000 have now died. This is a national disgrace and a national scandal. It is totally correct that such a shameful response be reported

h) this was within weeks of BBC reporting that Johnson was telling us what a success the government's policy had been. This was fair and balanced reporting, albeit about Johnson's lies
The figure you quote is the figure over and above the usual 20,000+ of those have not been designated as suffering from COVID, I think you’d do anything to knock Johnson and Cummings. The activists in the Panorama were doing exactly what you are doing and what the Labour Party have done all along, give the answers in hindsight, they even have the audacity to suggest that moving to 1m is not perhaps right at this time. After all this time saying that they want the government to think about scrapping the 2m guidance now they are just hedging their bets. Wait and see the outcome then either say we shouldn’t have done it so soon, or they should have done it weeks ago. Always hindsight, perhaps they should change the name of the party to The Socialist Hindsight party.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by trevormans » 22 Jun 2020, 16:13

there is no usual 20000+ figure

the deaths which have been tested in hospital to have C19 are well above 42000
the deaths certified with C19 on the certificate are 50k +
the excess deaths (compared with the last 5 years) is around 65000 and is clearly rising. This is the most reliable measure of those who have died as a result of the epidemic.
I think you would do anything to support the lies of Johnson. I will not support Johnson as long as he continues to not have my confidence. His lies, lack of transparency and support for the slaphead rasputin of downing street confirmed to the people that credibility was gone
There is a whole spectrum of opinion as to whether we should relax 2 metres to 1 metre.
Personally I do not feel able to judge. 2m is clearly less risky in health terms than 1 metre, but I do not know and understand the science..
Perhaps the tory party should be called the dithering too late lying anti democratic tory party.
or perhaps once they cause the breakup of the Uk we will be called the Former UK, and as they might try form a Unionst party of the remainder, they can be called the Former UK Unionist Party. Let me know if you can think of a catchy name, along the lines of the ever wittily named UKIP

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16550
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by DaveLister » 22 Jun 2020, 17:48

trevormans wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 14:48
do you support such lies incompetence, stupidity, lack of scrutiny , attack on democracy?
if you do then in my view you are not demonstrating common sense or decency. Perhaps you think you are demonstrating common sense or decency when you tell us that maybe Wilberforce was wrong.



However

if you are highlighting only one programme , and only one, then

a) that is barely actual continual media bias

b) what were the lies being told?

c) the government was asked to participate but chose not to

d) you seem to be attacking the messenger rather than the message

e) the government was asked to comment . They did not highlight any untruths in the programme. They merely said that some of the contributors were activists.

f) it is in the way of things that those who are motivated will speak up about wrongs. Many others would be frightened to do so

g) this was I believe, largely about the poor response to the pandemic, largely about PPE. Some 65000 have now died. This is a national disgrace and a national scandal. It is totally correct that such a shameful response be reported

h) this was within weeks of BBC reporting that Johnson was telling us what a success the government's policy had been. This was fair and balanced reporting, albeit about Johnson's lies
A politician who tells lies. Golly whatever next?

Sunny day in summer, perhaps?
Image

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by trevormans » 22 Jun 2020, 19:26

yes
but not every time his lips move

I gather you are a supporter of Johnson

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2063
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by White G » 22 Jun 2020, 20:10

DaveLister wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 17:48
trevormans wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 14:48
do you support such lies incompetence, stupidity, lack of scrutiny , attack on democracy?
if you do then in my view you are not demonstrating common sense or decency. Perhaps you think you are demonstrating common sense or decency when you tell us that maybe Wilberforce was wrong.



However

if you are highlighting only one programme , and only one, then

a) that is barely actual continual media bias

b) what were the lies being told?

c) the government was asked to participate but chose not to

d) you seem to be attacking the messenger rather than the message

e) the government was asked to comment . They did not highlight any untruths in the programme. They merely said that some of the contributors were activists.

f) it is in the way of things that those who are motivated will speak up about wrongs. Many others would be frightened to do so

g) this was I believe, largely about the poor response to the pandemic, largely about PPE. Some 65000 have now died. This is a national disgrace and a national scandal. It is totally correct that such a shameful response be reported

h) this was within weeks of BBC reporting that Johnson was telling us what a success the government's policy had been. This was fair and balanced reporting, albeit about Johnson's lies
A politician who tells lies. Golly whatever next?

Sunny day in summer, perhaps?
I don't understand your angle here Dave. Are you saying that we have to accept all the lies politicians tell us simply because that's what they all do???

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16550
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by DaveLister » 22 Jun 2020, 21:26

No, I'm saying we shouldn't be surprised when a politician tells lies. Its what they do. Getting upset about it will never change that fact.

All politicians tell lies. Always have.
Image

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29976
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2020, 22:39

DaveLister wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 21:26
No, I'm saying we shouldn't be surprised when a politician tells lies. Its what they do. Getting upset about it will never change that fact.

All politicians tell lies. Always have.
...and before you say it's only Tories, think about Weapons of Mass Destruction under BLiar
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18532
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by ashman » 23 Jun 2020, 06:33

Once again, this topic has strayed away from the title. Nothing to do with Katie Hopkins. Topic closed.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Locked