Black Lives Matter

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by bristleposh » 03 Jul 2020, 14:45

Gaz_Miller wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 11:54
So you want to see racist comedians back on TV?

Remind me, did you vote for Brexit?
White G wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 13:20
Racism aside, how could anyone find Jim Davidson funny in the first place????
What makes you say he was racist, oh I know he used to do a funny voice. So that is racism now. Peter Kay does cockney accents in a TV sitcom, perhaps that too is racism of a sort, bloody northerners coming to the big smoke and stealing their opportunities. I watched a YouTube video of Sean Lock the other day, the guy was funny, but I’m sure he’d be offensive to some of you snowflakes.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 03 Jul 2020, 14:47

Gaz_Miller wrote:

how is he racist? making a joke around a person of colour is no more racist than criticizing a footballer of colour for his performance in a game. Make the same critique of a white person's performance and it is not racist. Reginald D Hunter is a black comedian who constant makes jokes about white people but isn't considered racist & quite rightly so.

There is an association of black sportsmen as well as one for Black lawyers which isn't racist despite it precluding someone from membership based purely on skin colour!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Jul 2020, 10:46

Gaz_Miller wrote:

Just a thought but did you understand any of the rest of the message or just the bit you perceive to be about a racist comedian
they're a prat!

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 04 Jul 2020, 11:24

Can anyone explain to me why its taken the murder of a black man 3,000 miles away for the English to start protesting about racism? Dalian Atkinson was murdered by two white police officers, I don't recall anyone kneeling for him

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Jul 2020, 12:49

DaveLister wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 11:24
Can anyone explain to me why its taken the murder of a black man 3,000 miles away for the English to start protesting about racism? Dalian Atkinson was murdered by two white police officers, I don't recall anyone kneeling for him
Even you get it wrong, it wasn't a black man it was a black criminal
they're a prat!

White G

Post by White G » 04 Jul 2020, 13:11

DaveLister wrote:
Fair point! The story gradually got more & more media attention to the point where I think the government were looking for a diversion to the pandemic shambles. It ended up getting out of hand, but now it's starting to calm down again as the Tories focus on telling us that the pubs in England are now open & everything is under control.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 04 Jul 2020, 14:13

bristleposh wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 12:49
DaveLister wrote:
Why would anybody but a racist make such a comment
Racism is stupidity.

He was a black man first and foremost

Why should he be judged by different criteria because his skin is a different colour????

I would recommend anybody with such views to listen to Dylan's Hattie Carroll

White G

Post by White G » 04 Jul 2020, 14:24

trevormans wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 14:13
bristleposh wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 12:49
DaveLister wrote:
Why would anybody but a racist make such a comment
Racism is stupidity.

He was a black man first and foremost

Why should he be judged by different criteria because his skin is a different colour????

I would recommend anybody with such views to listen to Dylan's Hattie Carroll
That's also a fair point. If anyone was going to make a statement like that, Bristle would be favourite!

I don't personally understand why he felt the need to say it. What is your point Bristle? Are you saying he deserved to die? Wasn't he selling bootleg cigarettes? Hardly punishable by death!!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Jul 2020, 14:42

Oooo I’m so sorry, the chap had crossed county lines which wasn’t allowed in the US, because of Covid rules, he had held a gun to a pregnant woman’s bump, he served five years for being an upright citizen and taking a plea deal on an armed robbery charge. He was a criminal first, a black man second, if he was white he’d still have been a criminal first. Anyone who breaks the law is a criminal. I’m a racist in that case, who knew.
they're a prat!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Jul 2020, 14:52

More stupidity https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/blac ... -zhv27mk5j has this really got anything to do with slavery. In the knobs houses back in the day, maids (almost always white) referred to it as The Masters bedroom. Will there ever be an end to this tomfoolery.
they're a prat!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Jul 2020, 17:57

Bianca Williams a Team GB athlete is talking of suing the Met for institutional racism. This is what we get, it’s wrong yes, they shouldn’t simply profile people by the colour of the skin, perhaps they pull people over all the time who are driving big posh cars. My grandson who surprise surprise is white has been pulled over several times because he looks very young to be driving a big car with a personalised plate. The thing is when he gets pulled over he doesn’t scream at the coppers and assume that he knows the law better than a police officer. Had they just complied with what they were asked instead of complaining about what they could and could not do.
If anyone watches TV shows about police on the beat all the thugs scream at the coppers telling them they can’t do that, the obvious thought is they can, and you is going to the nick.
they're a prat!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Jul 2020, 16:27

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-53414463

How utterly ridiculous, where were the police while this nonsense was taking place, down on one knee I presume. Hopefully it’ll end up in the docks where it belongs. Criminals who damaged public property just a few weeks ago are being feted as heroes. We are expected to apologise for actions of a few historic figures, whilst recent slave masters in the West Midlands get a slap on the fist for doing the same thing on a far larger scale. You wonder, or at least sensible people wonder how many slaves there are in this country whilst there are 4200 in the West Midlands alone.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... s-18584100
they're a prat!

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 15 Jul 2020, 17:04

bristleposh wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 16:27
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-53414463

How utterly ridiculous, where were the police while this nonsense was taking place, down on one knee I presume. Hopefully it’ll end up in the docks where it belongs. Criminals who damaged public property just a few weeks ago are being feted as heroes. We are expected to apologise for actions of a few historic figures, whilst recent slave masters in the West Midlands get a slap on the fist for doing the same thing on a far larger scale. You wonder, or at least sensible people wonder how many slaves there are in this country whilst there are 4200 in the West Midlands alone.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... s-18584100
NB. Black Evils Matter too.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 16 Jul 2020, 07:24

I see on TV that the new statue has been removed from the plinth by the authorities so that the good folk of Bristol can decide what should be mounted there..
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 16 Jul 2020, 07:28

Poshay wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 17:04

NB. Black Elvis Matters too.
What has an old dead rock star got to do with anything.
they're a prat!