Black Lives Matter

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

trevormans

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by trevormans » 14 Jun 2020, 12:48

I have long bee undercapitalised

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 14 Jun 2020, 19:23

This 'beat up Britain' campaign is out of control.

TV reporting that Google have got rid of Churchill's photo as a former Prime Minister.

If the minority prevail, it follows that the Colloseum in Rome and several other popular tourist sites in Rome will need to be bulldozed since the Roman Empire took slaves and let the masses watch them slaughtered by lions.

History is history. Hindsight is just that.

Wonder Mike

Post by Wonder Mike » 14 Jun 2020, 20:11

Bluemike wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 19:23
This 'beat up Britain' campaign is out of control.

TV reporting that Google have got rid of Churchill's photo as a former Prime Minister.

If the minority prevail, it follows that the Colloseum in Rome and several other popular tourist sites in Rome will need to be bulldozed since the Roman Empire took slaves and let the masses watch them slaughtered by lions.

History is history. Hindsight is just that.
That was an idiot MP who didn't clear his cache.

Apparently he spent two hours on the phone to Google and they showed him how to do it. Lo and behold, Churchill reappeared.

I hope he wasn't one of the MPs with an important job to do, like Matt Hancock or Oliver Dowden.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 14 Jun 2020, 20:22

History is history
Racism is racism
Incompetence is johnson
Integrity is nowhere
Scrutiny is needed

Three word slogans are easy

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 14 Jun 2020, 21:13

trevormans wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 20:22
History is history
Racism is racism
Incompetence is johnson
Integrity is nowhere
Scrutiny is needed

Top 2 are correct.
Bottom 3 are opinion

White G

Post by White G » 14 Jun 2020, 22:11

Bluemike wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 21:13
trevormans wrote:
History is history
Racism is racism
Incompetence is johnson
Integrity is nowhere
Scrutiny is needed

Top 2 are correct.
Bottom 3 are opinion
I think the 3rd one isn't opinion as all the facts are there & speak for themselves. Nobody really thinks Johnson is competent, the best compliment you'll hear is that he's doing a better job than Corbyn would've!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 15 Jun 2020, 07:11

White G wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 22:11
Bluemike wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 21:13
trevormans wrote:
History is history
Racism is racism
Incompetence is johnson
Integrity is nowhere
Scrutiny is needed

Top 2 are correct.
Bottom 3 are opinion
I think the 3rd one isn't opinion as all the facts are there & speak for themselves. Nobody really thinks Johnson is competent, the best compliment you'll hear is that he's doing a better job than Corbyn would've!
Anybody who believes johnson is competent would be able to demonstrate it
When you see the continuous stream of lies half truths diversions prevarication and obfuscation then you would be able to demonstrate that this government has shown integrity
Anybody who believes scrutiny is not needed does not understand the nature of parliament nor of democracy itself
Scrutiny and holding to account is the essence and purpose of democracy

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Jun 2020, 08:16

trevormans wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 07:11

Anybody who believes johnson is competent would be able to demonstrate it
When you see the continuous stream of lies half truths diversions prevarication and obfuscation then you would be able to demonstrate that this government has shown integrity
Anybody who believes scrutiny is not needed does not understand the nature of parliament nor of democracy itself
Scrutiny and holding to account is the essence and purpose of democracy
I think someone may have swallowed a Thesaurus this morning, you usually just put FL.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 15 Jun 2020, 08:50

Poshay wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 11:03
I despair. The quite legitimate concerns of the indigenous man in the street has been hi-jacked by the Far Right - the very sort of folk who our parents fought and died fighting against in WW2. In doing so they have handed a propaganda walkover to the BAME establishment so beloved by the BBC.
I am one of the indigenous men in the street
Emphatically I do not have those concerns,which you have alluded to but not clearly stated
If your only concern is about the cretins behind the protest is that there is a "propaganda walkover" then you are echoing Cummings "control the message" rather than addressing the issue
Racism is stupidity.
We need to find the means of treating all our citizens fairly and genuinely giving everyone equal opportunities

We, the white British are incredibly privileged

Johnson's Eton and oxford sect are massively more so and are forever seeking to protect their unfair privilege

To bring BBC into the argument again echoes the privileged lobby interests

ashman

Post by ashman » 15 Jun 2020, 09:00

trevormans wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 08:50
Poshay wrote:
I despair. The quite legitimate concerns of the indigenous man in the street has been hi-jacked by the Far Right - the very sort of folk who our parents fought and died fighting against in WW2. In doing so they have handed a propaganda walkover to the BAME establishment so beloved by the BBC.
Emphatically I do not have those concerns, which you have alluded to but not clearly stated
If your only concern is about the cretins behind the protest is that there is a "propaganda walkover" then you are echoing Cummings "control the message" rather than addressing the issue
Racism is stupidity.
We need to find the means of treating all our citizens fairly and genuinely giving everyone equal opportunities
Eton and oxford sect are massively more so and are forever seeking to protect their unfair privilege
Totally agree with you and I found your post a lot easier to read, as you have now bothered to use capital letters and punctuation. (apart from a few full stops!) See, you can do it! :clap2:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Jun 2020, 10:05

ashman wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 09:00
trevormans wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 08:50
Poshay wrote:
Emphatically I do not have those concerns, which you have alluded to but not clearly stated
Racism is stupidity.
Eton and oxford sect are massively more so and are forever seeking to protect their unfair privilege
Totally agree with you and I found your post a lot easier to read, as you have now bothered to use capital letters and punctuation. (apart from a few full stops!) See, you can do it! :clap2:
Perhaps I can get a job as a teacher 😜
they're a prat!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 15 Jun 2020, 10:43

Teaching pigs to fly?

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 15 Jun 2020, 11:07

So the usual suspects come back with 'witty' replies instead of arguing their corner...............again!

There is no defence of this government.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

White G

Post by White G » 15 Jun 2020, 11:08

What do you think is the reason for the media whipping us all into a frenzy? Is it to hide the news that the R rate is creeping back up in England? Or is it to distract us from the 3rd anniversary of the Grenfell blaze? The handling of this has been an absolute shambles and it should've never happened in the 1st place, but I have the feeling the Tories couldn't take much more negative publicity right now!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Jun 2020, 12:56

Gaz_Miller wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 11:07
So the usual suspects come back with 'witty' replies instead of arguing their corner...............again!

There is no defence of this government.
trevormans wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 10:43
Teaching pigs to fly?
I think for the most part he has been in your corner
they're a prat!