Black Lives Matter

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by ashman » 10 Jun 2020, 08:47

White G wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 00:52
DaveLister wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 22:56
:lol: Control your trendy outrage, Whitey. If you think that I need to resort to racism to win a battle of wits with the likes of you, you're even dumber than I thought
:
I'll tell the jokes Lister, half the threads in here have you running out of comebacks as your simple, dated, insular views are expose by the more intelligent members on here.

I don't know if you're just embarrassed as your backward views & behaviours are exposed & dismantled, but it's startling that you show racist traits (albeit mild) in an anti-racism thread then actually try to accuse me of being the dumb one. Car crash performance here Dave!😁🙄😁
Steady on chaps. Try to keep it civil - please!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 10 Jun 2020, 10:36

White G wrote:
DaveLister wrote:
:lol: Control your trendy outrage, Whitey. If you think that I need to resort to racism to win a battle of wits with the likes of you, you're even dumber than I thought
:
I'll tell the jokes Lister, half the threads in here have you running out of comebacks as your simple, dated, insular views are expose by the more intelligent members on here.

I don't know if you're just embarrassed as your backward views & behaviours are exposed & dismantled, but it's startling that you show racist traits (albeit mild) in an anti-racism thread then actually try to accuse me of being the dumb one. Car crash performance here Dave!😁🙄😁
I'm from Northern Ireland sonny. I've forgotten more about hatred of someone for something as backward as racsim, sectarianism or bigotry than you are ever going to know. You need stronger medication if you're hoping to be allowed internet access.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Jun 2020, 11:00

Black rights, gay rights, trans rights, disabled rights, women's rights. No wonder the left get their knickers in a twist at every turn. Let's have some gay lefts etc
Last edited by bristleposh on 10 Jun 2020, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Jun 2020, 11:01

Tory councillors suspended and/or stepping down because of racist comments on social media.

The party that just keeps on giving.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Jun 2020, 11:02

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 11:01
Tory councillors suspended and/or stepping down because of racist comments on social media.

The party that just keeps on giving.
Do we hear the barrel being scraped
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Jun 2020, 11:07

Hang on a minute. For the Tories, anti-semitism in the Labour party was a major factor during their election campaign. The right-wing press eledud to it on a daily basis.

Now Tories are being sacked/made to step down because of blatant racism, it all of a sudden becomes 'barrel scraping'.

It really is one rule for them, one rule for us when it comes to the conservatives. No wonder there's so much hatred brewing up in this country.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Jun 2020, 12:03

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 11:07
Hang on a minute. For the Tories, anti-semitism in the Labour party was a major factor during their election campaign. The right-wing press eledud to it on a daily basis.

Now Tories are being sacked/made to step down because of blatant racism, it all of a sudden becomes 'barrel scraping'.

It really is one rule for them, one rule for us when it comes to the conservatives. No wonder there's so much hatred brewing up in this country.
The difference being they were either sacked immediately or forced to stand down, did we see that from Labour, I think not.
they're a prat!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Jun 2020, 08:02

DaveLister wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 10:36
White G wrote:
DaveLister wrote:
:

I'm from Northern Ireland sonny. I've forgotten more about hatred of someone for something as backward as racsim, sectarianism or bigotry than you are ever going to know. You need stronger medication if you're hoping to be allowed internet access.
My memory is somewhat fuzzy

Am I correct in saying that until about 1969 many people but mostly Catholics were not allowed to vote in local elections in northern Ireland
Am I further correct in saying that a good number ,mostly protestants , could vote several times.
Am I further correct in saying that such blatant sectarianism and injustice was one of the prime drivers of the civil rights marches in the 1960s in ulster

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Jun 2020, 08:30

Still finding it difficult to understand why Labour is upset with Priti Patel, is it just jealousy that they are not in power. I know it is not PC but do they not like Coconuts.
they're a prat!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Jun 2020, 11:44

i believe deep down they know and understand that she is not very good, not very clever,not at all charming, is fully able to read out the notes that cummings has written for her, is utterly sycophantic, and will be doing a Uturn on her quarantine policy before the playoffs are concluded.

she is in good company also with so many others in the front line , truss , rees-mogg, raab, jenrick, etc etc

all this has been indicated by high tory Tim Montgomerie today

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 61056.html

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Jun 2020, 08:31

Just my personal thoughts and I have no doubt someone will accuse me of being institutionally racist. I'd like to know what all these protest marches are really for. I know it is to focus the attention on the injustices faced by BAME people. Yet, if that be the case then their needs to be a march every day of every week otherwise people will just forget and drift back into the same modus operandi. It would appear that now these marches are just being used as a chance for thuggery, even if on a small scale, to get underneath the radar.

I did see a tweet yesterday that some might have found offensive, but I thought it was just about true. Those left-wing protestors would be marching, the right-wing thugs would be protesting. A subtle difference but why?
they're a prat!

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 13 Jun 2020, 22:34

bristleposh wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 08:31
Just my personal thoughts and I have no doubt someone will accuse me of being institutionally racist. I'd like to know what all these protest marches are really for. I know it is to focus the attention on the injustices faced by BAME people. Yet, if that be the case then their needs to be a march every day of every week otherwise people will just forget and drift back into the same modus operandi. It would appear that now these marches are just being used as a chance for thuggery, even if on a small scale, to get underneath the radar.

I did see a tweet yesterday that some might have found offensive, but I thought it was just about true. Those left-wing protestors would be marching, the right-wing thugs would be protesting. A subtle difference but why?
Whitey, Trev and Gaz will be along to tell us you're racist shortly.

Presently they're busy organising their campaign to pull down Nelsons Column

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 14 Jun 2020, 06:47

This was clearly established long ago when he made his racist comments about the actions of william wilberforce.
So there is need to repeat the self evident and the well established

Your reference to Nelson's column does little other than to show that you set a very low bar in the breadth of your thinking but seldom manage to soar over it

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Jun 2020, 09:27

trevormans wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 06:47
This was clearly established long ago when he made his racist comments about the actions of william wilberforce.
So there is need to repeat the self evident and the well established

Your reference to Nelson's column does little other than to show that you set a very low bar in the breadth of your thinking but seldom manage to soar over it
Very amusing, but harsh. I take it you have been reading up on matters historical and may have spotted that thousands of slaves were white sold in Libya. William Wilberforce (with two capital Ws you will notice. (You will notice if you look at your keypad, just above the Ctrl key is an arrow pointing to the top of the board, If you hold this key down the key you hit magically becomes a capital)). The point I was trying to make about the abolitionist, although I probably, knowing me, didn't put it very well. Was that since the abolition the lives of the black people in Africa especially have not improved and have probably deteriorated. I do know that what they suffered was wrong, but I can understand, why merchants in that era would have done what they did. It was a different time, the World was being discovered, strange places, with no apparent means of governing themselves. Traders both black and white found a commodity that was wanted in the new World and sold it there, as I said what they did was wrong but it was the age that was lived in, and the money that came from the trade not only allowed the traders to better their own lives but also that of the cities and citizens of the places they came from, with fine buildings. Even the Queen of that era Elizabeth lauded her champion, Sir Walter Raleigh, with a coat of arms bearing a black slave. Should the monarchy, therefore, be overthrown for their part in the slave trade? I have little doubt a lot of anarchists would love that outcome.
they're a prat!

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 14 Jun 2020, 11:03

I despair. The quite legitimate concerns of the indigenous man in the street has been hi-jacked by the Far Right - the very sort of folk who our parents fought and died fighting against in WW2. In doing so they have handed a propaganda walkover to the BAME establishment so beloved by the BBC.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l: