Black Lives Matter

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Black Lives Matter

Post by bristleposh » 07 Jun 2020, 23:03

As much as I agree with this movement I find that the fringe elements that have desecrated national monument at the Cenotaph and of our great hero Winston Churchill have completely spoilt the occasion, and the idiots in Bristol have torn down the statue to a local entrepreneur. He was involved in an abhorrent trade, but it was still thuggery of the worst kind. Most of the people involved were white, it is difficult to understand their mentality, are they trying to placate themselves with those that have been abused by their forefathers or are they simply being c****. I think the latter.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Brianposh

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by Brianposh » 07 Jun 2020, 23:24

Disgraceful. Cameras should reveal who did this act. They need 20-30 years in prison to teach them respect. Could they be charged as a traitor?
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Jun 2020, 05:59

All lives matter!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 08 Jun 2020, 06:31

ashman wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 05:59
All lives matter!
Agreed of course, that goes without saying.

However, the same people who moaned about Dominic Cummings driving to Durham are the ones who ignored social distancing to gather for a protest to register their outrage about a murder 3,000 miles away

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 08 Jun 2020, 07:26

I can well remember when the Windrush docked my Grandad saying "No good will come of this. They'll be telling us what to do and think before long" - translated from his "Broad Yorkshire".
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Jun 2020, 08:18

I'm going to hazard a guess that the first four posters in this thread all voted for Brexit.

Can you please confirm if I'm correct?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jun 2020, 08:21

Gaz_Miller wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 08:18
I'm going to hazard a guess that the first four posters in this thread all voted for Brexit.

Yes, of course, we did because we are racist scum, the fact remains that these acts of wanton vandalism is not what we voted for, and is not I hope what was voted for by those that voted to remain. Brexit has nothing to do with rioting and law-breaking, please confirm Mr. Gaz if I am correct.
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Jun 2020, 08:31

Brexit was 70%+ based on a racist agenda. The polls conducted since have the majority citing immigration as the main reason they voted for it. It's not even open for debate anymore.

The big question is; why on earth was there even a statue erected in honour of a slaver?

The ONLY comment I agree with from the posts above is that people should not be protesting whilst we are in the middle of a pendemic. But then again, I don't know how much pent up frustration these communities have. It must be horrific being non-white at times in this world.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Jun 2020, 08:54

Gaz_Miller wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 08:18

I voted 'remain' but along with 99% of the British public didn't have a clue what it was all about so thought it best to stay as we were. I still don't know which way I would vote if there was ever another election!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jun 2020, 09:03

Gaz_Miller wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 08:31
Brexit was 70%+ based on a racist agenda. The polls conducted since have the majority citing immigration as the main reason they voted for it. It's not even open for debate anymore.

The big question is; why on earth was there even a statue erected in honour of a slaver? because he put a lot of money into the local economy and charitable causes, there are schools, streets, concert halls, public houses named after him

The ONLY comment I agree with from the posts above is that people should not be protesting whilst we are in the middle of a pendemic. But then again, I don't know how much pent up frustration these communities have. It must be horrific being non-white at times in this world.
It certainly must be, but you are never going to change history, leaving reminders will hopefully mean it doesn't happen again. As for Brexit, I'm not sure what the percentage of BAME there are in this country, but I would imagine quite a lot of them voted in favour of leaving the EU. It was not against race it was against immigration, and even that is being watered down, because some jobs like fruit picking and other farm jobs, are not the type of work that the majority want to do. I imagine it must be lovely living in your little bubble, where the righteous are guaranteed salvation, unless of course other religions take up all the spare space.
they're a prat!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jun 2020, 11:49

Just to add to my previous post, according to the news reports I have heard and read, Cecil Rhodes statue in Oxford may be next on the k***heads hit list. As for the responsibility of caring for these historic monuments, it is in the care of the local council. Labour controls Bristol and we also have a Labour mayor who just happens to be black. They had decided that the statue and the name of Colston should remain. He did more for the city than WD & HO Wills who probably killed far more people with their poisonous tobacco products. I have read in another article that Colston was sold the slaves by tribal leaders in Africa, perhaps they should take some of the responsibility.
they're a prat!

White G

Post by White G » 08 Jun 2020, 13:23

Well done Bristol, that statue should've gone decades ago so it was great to see people take it into their own hands! Nobody moaned when Iraqis pulled down Saddam's statue, so this shouldn't be any different!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jun 2020, 15:35

White G wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 13:23
Well done Bristol, that statue should've gone decades ago so it was great to see people take it into their own hands! Nobody moaned when Iraqis pulled down Saddam's statue, so this shouldn't be any different!!
Might have guessed you’d be in favour of the lawless morons. If the police can get their heads out of their arses long enough there is plenty of footage for them to investigate and charge the law breakers. Current talk locally is that they might fish the statue out of the docks and put in the local museum (which is possibly where it should have been when protestors wanted it removed) I apologise to our Lord Mayor, who apparently is not black but of mixed heritage.
they're a prat!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jun 2020, 17:18

Bristol had a vote over the statue.

56% voted to leave it alone.

Once again the losers insist on winning and into the harbour it goes.

Left wing nonsense, left wing nutters, left wing s***e.
they're a prat!

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Jun 2020, 18:08

bristleposh wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:18
Bristol had a vote over the statue.

56% voted to leave it alone.

Once again the losers insist on winning and into the harbour it goes.

Left wing nonsense, left wing nutters, left wing s***e.
In Brexit terms a vote of 56% is massive!