Dominic Cummings

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29976
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Dominic Cummings

Post by bristleposh » 25 May 2020, 08:16

Pic 1 - adored by the media for leaving their 3 kids all under age 4 on their own until 1 is gone forever.
Pic 2 - despised by the media for looking after his child.
Now tell me that there isn’t something utterly wrong and poisonous about the British media.
EYvDw3gXQAAy1z7.jpg
EYvDw3gXQAAy1z7.jpg (49.51 KiB) Viewed 899 times
EYvDw39WAAU5Isj.jpg
EYvDw39WAAU5Isj.jpg (43.12 KiB) Viewed 899 times
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by trevormans » 25 May 2020, 09:41

I think you will find that the daily Express have been consistently and staunchly in favour of both

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29976
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by bristleposh » 25 May 2020, 09:53

One newspaper I never get to see
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2063
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by White G » 25 May 2020, 10:46

This is another very bizarre post. You ask the McCann's if they think they've been adored by the media, I'm sure they'll feel quite the opposite! Strange comparison though & if this is the best defence you have, it's time to give up.

The 2nd point about Cummings "looking after his child" is also absolute rubbish. Nobody has a problem with anyone looking after their child, but he wasn't looking after anyone but himself. If he's well enough to drive up 520 miles to hand him over, he's well enough to self-isolate. It was also completely ILLEGAL & this made a mockery of the justice system.

The decision could've killed his own parents & others, and that doesn't explain the other 2 trips. Two of these trips co-incided with family birthdays as well. Coincidence?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29976
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by bristleposh » 25 May 2020, 11:42

White G wrote:
25 May 2020, 10:46
This is another very bizarre post. You ask the McCann's if they think they've been adored by the media, I'm sure they'll feel quite the opposite! Strange comparison though & if this is the best defence you have, it's time to give up.

The 2nd point about Cummings "looking after his child" is also absolute rubbish. Nobody has a problem with anyone looking after their child, but he wasn't looking after anyone but himself. If he's well enough to drive up 520 miles to hand him over, he's well enough to self-isolate. It was also completely ILLEGAL & this made a mockery of the justice system.

The decision could've killed his own parents & others, and that doesn't explain the other 2 trips. Two of these trips co-incided with family birthdays as well. Coincidence?
So nothing to do with him being a Tory. Nobody said it was right, I just compared it with other miscreants, but obviously you think they did the right thing leaving their three kids home alone (albeit in a foreign country)
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 789
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Gaz_Miller » 25 May 2020, 12:36

This thread shows nothing but absolute desperation. The two examples are poles apart

The most bizarre thread I’ve ever seen
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29976
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by bristleposh » 25 May 2020, 12:38

Nothing desperate about it, I don’t give a monkeys anything that winds up the dopier element on here
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by trevormans » 25 May 2020, 13:02

Your easiest target then you will find in the mirror

Bluemike
Posts: 53
Joined: 09 Jan 2020, 20:04

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Bluemike » 25 May 2020, 13:46

I don't agree with your politics Gaz, but I do on this one. This has to be the winner of "The most barking thread of the year" competition.
Just showed it to our boxer dog (who has 1 brain cell) and he agreed.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18532
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by ashman » 25 May 2020, 16:07

Bluemike wrote:
25 May 2020, 13:46
I don't agree with your politics Gaz, but I do on this one. This has to be the winner of "The most barking thread of the year" competition.
Just showed it to our boxer dog (who has 1 brain cell) and he agreed.
You've obviously got a very intelligent boxer! Renowned for being more stupid than the average pooch!
As with the McCann's case there is no actual proof whether it was deemed illegal to travel to a place of safety or that he did the other two trips.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29976
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by bristleposh » 25 May 2020, 16:45

Just listening to DC on BBC1 perhaps some of you experts should realise that The Mirror and Guardian don’t always post the truth
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 789
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Gaz_Miller » 25 May 2020, 17:16

This is car crash tv. There’s no way back from this.

He’s talking absolute b*llocks. Needed to drive 30 miles to a castle to test his eyes! WTF!
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by trevormans » 25 May 2020, 17:37

bristleposh wrote:
25 May 2020, 16:45
Just listening to DC on BBC1 perhaps some of you experts should realise that The Mirror and Guardian don’t always post the truth
Can you indicate any mistruths in the guardian

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29976
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by bristleposh » 25 May 2020, 17:42

Did they mention his child, did they say he stayed in a cottage, having never dirtied my hands by handling the rag I don’t know what lies they told
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by trevormans » 25 May 2020, 17:57

It is not a mistruth to not mention something

Far more to the point is why several weeks ago he did not say what had happened

If he had done so he could have avoided all this palaver

I cannot understand why you would criticise a newspaper if you have never read it

Post Reply