A new 'normality'

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

daib0

A new 'normality'

Post by daib0 » 30 Apr 2020, 20:19

After Coronavirus then, things will get back to as usual. Except that it won't. It'll be well different. This might mark the changing of two generations. Difficulty in air travel, limited public at sporting and cultural events. Even keeping safe distances in shopping centres etc. So I think it's fair to suppose that we'll be using our time differently...

So what do you think will be different for all of us long-term, and personally what do you think you'll be doing that you didn't before?
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

tonyp

Re: A new 'normality'

Post by tonyp » 30 Apr 2020, 21:38

I don't think anyone thinks things will ever get back to what we used to consider "normal".
When a vaccine is discovered and made compulsory we might get close to normality.
Meanwhile social distancing has proven to be the best way or stopping the spread of the disease and should continue.
Football, cricket and all other sports should be played behind closed doors and rely on television for audiences.
Australia should keep its borders closed and so should all other countries if it is possible.

daib0 asks "what do you think you'll be doing that you didn't before?"
Accepting that I'll probably never see things return to "normal".
I've already stopped thinking I'll ever travel again.
The younger ones should be more optimistic.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 01 May 2020, 16:51

I simply cannot see how social distancing can be imposed indefinitely. Hairdressers, opticians and dentists, for example, have to get much closer. That apart, many businesses such as small shops, tea rooms, cafes to name but a few could simply not function. Even larger shops, offices, garages, to name just three would find it difficult. At some point in time a risk must be taken.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 May 2020, 21:48

I went for a walk today, lots of pigeons wandering about far too close to each other, it's ridiculous that they don't listen to government advice.

On a slightly more serious note, lots of πŸ””πŸ”šZ congregating in Cheddar Gorge
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 May 2020, 22:58

bristleposh wrote: ↑
01 May 2020, 21:48
I went for a walk today, lots of pigeons wandering about far too close to each other, it's ridiculous that they don't listen to government advice.

On a slightly more serious note, lots of πŸ””πŸ”šZ congregating in Cheddar Gorge
1. Australian pigeons observe the social distancing rules.

2. Why are bellends congregating in Cheddar Gorge?
I thought all parks etc were closed.
They are opening some parks in Queensland today because we (including pigeons) have all bee n observing the social distancing rules and new case numbers are dwindling.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 May 2020, 23:22

tonyp wrote: ↑
01 May 2020, 22:58
bristleposh wrote: ↑
01 May 2020, 21:48

1. Australian pigeons observe the social distancing rules.

2. Why are bellends congregating in Cheddar Gorge?
I thought all parks etc were closed.
They are opening some parks in Queensland today because we (including pigeons) have all bee n observing the social distancing rules and new case numbers are dwindling.
Cheddar Gorge is not a park it is a roadway which people have been speeding up and down and parking illegally
download (4).jpg
download (4).jpg (12.2 KiB) Viewed 288 times

daib0

Post by daib0 » 03 May 2020, 21:20

I'm desperate to go to my local pub. Only 3 miles away, fantastic (strong) beers and relaxed atmoshere. It's where I let my hair down (yeah, still got quite a bit before you backfire!). And never any police control (shush-shush). Not been able to go in a month or more, prohibited in my part of the woods.

The beer from the supermarkets seem watery to me. My fiend the barmem has dark beers of 8 to 1o degrees.....

Am I turning dependent on alcohol?!
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 May 2020, 21:46

Wozzat hic

ashman

Post by ashman » 04 May 2020, 06:06

daib0 wrote: ↑
03 May 2020, 21:20
I'm desperate to go to my local pub. Only 3 miles away, fantastic (strong) beers and relaxed atmoshere. It's where I let my hair down (yeah, still got quite a bit before you backfire!). And never any police control (shush-shush). Not been able to go in a month or more, prohibited in my part of the woods.
The beer from the supermarkets seem watery to me. My fiend the barmem has dark beers of 8 to 1o degrees.....
I reckon that you have secretly been hiding in your local barman's cellar!

'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 04 May 2020, 10:05

ashman wrote: ↑
04 May 2020, 06:06
I reckon that you have secretly been hiding in your local barman's cellar!
I agree. Maybe that's how he got to be called daib0 instead of daibO.

daib0

Post by daib0 » 04 May 2020, 13:29

knew I could count on you, pals!!!

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 05 May 2020, 18:23

Your friendly local Tescos has a nice Belgian ale called Duval at around 8%

daib0

Post by daib0 » 05 May 2020, 19:15

DaveLister wrote: ↑
05 May 2020, 18:23

yep, Belgium strong on the dark ale industry!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 May 2020, 23:08

05 May 2020, 19:15
DaveLister wrote: ↑
05 May 2020, 18:23

yep, Belgium strong on the dark ale industry!
I have still not found one that beats Westmalle Tripple