The Politics of Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Locked
User avatar
White G
Posts: 2075
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 13 Jul 2020, 11:01

I saw death totals the other day which were as follows:

Scotland: 0
Wales: 0
N. Ireland: 0
England: 145

Just goes to show that the smaller countries are using their devolved powers wisely, all choosing to ignore Boris and his "advisors". Most of the population within the three smaller nations live in urban areas too so it seems there's something wrong with English policy.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18625
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by ashman » 13 Jul 2020, 11:04

White G wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 11:01
I saw death totals the other day which were as follows:

Scotland: 0
Wales: 0
N. Ireland: 0
England: 145

Just goes to show that the smaller countries are using their devolved powers wisely, all choosing to ignore Boris and his "advisors". Most of the population within the three smaller nations live in urban areas too so it seems there's something wrong with English policy.
It's not the policy. It's the kn**heads who choose to ignore social distancing and the huge numbers in cities all living in close quarters.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 817
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Jul 2020, 11:28

ashman wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 11:04
It's not the policy. It's the kn**heads who choose to ignore social distancing and the huge numbers in cities all living in close quarters.
It's the policy, or are you saying there are no 'kn**heads' in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Swansea etc? And people don't live in close quarters in those large cities?

Stop making excuses for the Johnson & his puppet master.

Even more confusion today over face masks. Johnson said on Friday we need to wear them in supermarkets etc, then Gove said people need to use their common sense but it's certainly not compulsory.

We'd be better off with letting Number 10's resident cat having a go at running things.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30079
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 13 Jul 2020, 13:53

Gaz_Miller wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 11:28
ashman wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 11:04
It's not the policy. It's the kn**heads who choose to ignore social distancing and the huge numbers in cities all living in close quarters.


Even more confusion today over face masks. Johnson said on Friday we need to wear them in supermarkets etc, then Gove said people need to use their common sense but it's certainly not compulsory.

It would only be confusing if your IQ was lower than your shoe size, need to and not compulsory are two perfectly legitimate statements that are only being used by the left to once again knock the government, who if you need reminding have a healthy majority that will not diminish whilst the twots at the top of the Labour Party keep requiring everything underlined or printed in triplicate before they can understand anything. Calling for CLARITY, just make up your own mind if you feel comfortable wearing one wear it, if not don’t, don’t, until told what to do in triplicate of course.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2075
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 13 Jul 2020, 14:30

ashman wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 11:04
White G wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 11:01
I saw death totals the other day which were as follows:

Scotland: 0
Wales: 0
N. Ireland: 0
England: 145

Just goes to show that the smaller countries are using their devolved powers wisely, all choosing to ignore Boris and his "advisors". Most of the population within the three smaller nations live in urban areas too so it seems there's something wrong with English policy.
It's not the policy. It's the kn**heads who choose to ignore social distancing and the huge numbers in cities all living in close quarters.
Very weak arguments. Using Scotland as an example, the vast majority of people live in the central belt, other cities such as Aberdeen & Dundee.

Yes, you do get kn**heads here too!

The only difference is in the leadership of the countries. Scotland, Wales & N.I. have been stricter & far more cautious, with their governments putting safety before the economy.

I can't believe there's even an argument here as EVERYTHING is in black & white. Check out the differences in policies, and then check the declines in cases/deaths.

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 817
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Jul 2020, 14:37

Latest update from Johnson ...

"Yes, face coverings, I think, people should be wearing in shops."

:clap2: He's even managed to send a mixed message in a sentence of eleven words.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30079
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 13 Jul 2020, 14:47

Gaz_Miller wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 14:37
Latest update from Johnson ...

"Yes, face coverings, I think, people should be wearing in shops."

:clap2: He's even managed to send a mixed message in a sentence of eleven words.
I repeat, only if your IQ is smaller than your shoe size.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2075
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 13 Jul 2020, 16:00

bristleposh wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 14:47
Gaz_Miller wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 14:37
Latest update from Johnson ...

"Yes, face coverings, I think, people should be wearing in shops."

:clap2: He's even managed to send a mixed message in a sentence of eleven words.
I repeat, only if your IQ is smaller than your shoe size.
Do you think Nicola Sturgeon is doing a better job Bristle? It's crystal clear, you wear a mask (unless you have health exemptions) or face a fine. Nobody is confused & there is far better communication between the Scottish Government and its people.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30079
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 13 Jul 2020, 16:09

White G wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 16:00
bristleposh wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 14:47
Gaz_Miller wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 14:37
Latest update from Johnson ...

"Yes, face coverings, I think, people should be wearing in shops."

:clap2: He's even managed to send a mixed message in a sentence of eleven words.
I repeat, only if your IQ is smaller than your shoe size.
Do you think Nicola Sturgeon is doing a better job Bristle? It's crystal clear, you wear a mask (unless you have health exemptions) or face a fine. Nobody is confused & there is far better communication between the Scottish Government and its people.

I do believe she is doing a good job, but I was responding to someone who Said "Yes, face coverings, I think, people should be wearing in shops." contains a mixed message, it does not.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2075
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 14 Jul 2020, 13:00

bristleposh wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 13:53
Gaz_Miller wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 11:28
ashman wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 11:04
It's not the policy. It's the kn**heads who choose to ignore social distancing and the huge numbers in cities all living in close quarters.


Even more confusion today over face masks. Johnson said on Friday we need to wear them in supermarkets etc, then Gove said people need to use their common sense but it's certainly not compulsory.

It would only be confusing if your IQ was lower than your shoe size, need to and not compulsory are two perfectly legitimate statements that are only being used by the left to once again knock the government, who if you need reminding have a healthy majority that will not diminish whilst the twots at the top of the Labour Party keep requiring everything underlined or printed in triplicate before they can understand anything. Calling for CLARITY, just make up your own mind if you feel comfortable wearing one wear it, if not don’t, don’t, until told what to do in triplicate of course.
The mask issue finally seems to be clear now judging by the papers, but it clearly wasn't clear for a while. The Daily Mail headline was about the mask confusion, so it's very clearly not just Gaz & Trevor who have been baffled. Saying that, most Daily Mail readers do have an IQ smaller than their shoe size!😁

Could this have been handled better???? 100% yes, mixed messages, chopping & changing, no clarity on the actual rules!!!

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30079
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 14 Jul 2020, 18:02

I blame the press, they hear a whisper and then just ask as many MPs as possible about it, obviously some won't be up to speed and will give a conflicting answer.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30079
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 15 Jul 2020, 16:11

Came across this today, it tells countless reasons why we are suffering more than other countries
7BF488CB-C402-4221-A0AB-8552FF4A8309.jpeg
7BF488CB-C402-4221-A0AB-8552FF4A8309.jpeg (49.89 KiB) Viewed 687 times
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by trevormans » 15 Jul 2020, 22:50

another reason might be the utter incompetence of this government?


just to emphasise how clueless they are , the government have even managed today to lose a rigged election for the post of chair on the select committee for intelligence matters . this truly is class


mind you, chris grayling was involved




we remain champions of europe

utter , utter incompetence, matched with their lack of preparedness to admit mistakes, and a record number of Uturns


and 65000 are dead and we are now kowtowing openly to usa


this is taking back control

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18625
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by ashman » 16 Jul 2020, 05:20

So, so boring - again, again and again!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by trevormans » 16 Jul 2020, 07:18

Yes it is so boring to see this level of incompetence

Especially when 65000 have died mostly unnecessarily

But the attempt to get grayling in to be the independent chair of a vital intelligence committee so that Cummings could control the message (eg Russian involvement) is close to corruption.
the fact that they failed and so withdrew the whip shows incompetence and petulance
Reminiscent of Germany's fall from democracy in the early 1930s
I apologise if this highlights the incompetence of a government led by your much admired tories

Perhaps you will apologise for telling me I hate tories

Locked