The Politics of Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Jul 2020, 08:02

And there it is in a nutshell.

'It would have been worse under Corbyn'.

No facts. No proof. Ample opportunity to give us the benefits of this party leading this country for ten years, yet it all comes down to that one line.

Enough said for me. There is NO defence, NO benefits, NO positives. The country is f***** because people have been taken in by the lies & the right wing media propaganda machine.

It takes a very brave person to admit you've made a mistake, and few rarely do.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Jul 2020, 08:28

Gaz_Miller wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 08:02

No facts. No proof. Ample opportunity to give us the benefits of this party leading this country for ten years, yet it all comes down to that one line.

Enough said for me. There is NO defence, NO benefits, NO positives. The country is f***** because people have been taken in by the lies & the right wing media propaganda machine.

No need: even the Labour Party decided he wasn't up to the job, eventually. That is more than enough benefit, positives and defence. I'm sure if I ever got round to reading The Guardian, I'd see that somewhere through the passage of time agreed that Corbyn was not up to the job, because he wasn't and hardly call them a right-wing propaganda machine. I will admit I'm wrong when people can put some tangible evidence not Starmer Rhetoric (Captain Hindsight) into the equation.

This morning I have read from a lefty, that the Government created more deaths by not going into lockdown sooner, proof, none, just conjecture. A shortage of PPE, unproven, the country never once ran out of PPE, they came out of lockdown too soon, again conjecture, where is the Proof, oh I know, Captain Hindsight said it so it must be true. Even on breakfast this morning the ugliest woman on the planet accused Rishi Sunak of not going far enough with his giveaways, but when asked what he should have done she just said we'll have to look into it, oh dear, finger really on the pulse.
The greatest and ONLY gift the Far Left
will ever give the world.....
is the rise of the Far Right.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Jul 2020, 08:36

Bless
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 09 Jul 2020, 08:51

If proof of the self evident is actually needed then the public inquiry will demonstrate that the government were wrong at almost every point. But this government knows that it will show them as incompetent so will continually suppress / delay it. Lies are preferred to facts and proof

The same applies to the committees report on Russian involvement .its bad news so let's not issue it

May I ask again
can you name some of the tory greatest achievements in the last ten years. Somebody must be able to show why they support them. It needs to be something more impressive than "to stop corbyn"

ashman

Post by ashman » 09 Jul 2020, 10:04

There are bound to be occasions where the present government will have been found wrong in their decisions. The trouble is that no government has ever had to deal with such a far reaching and world wide problem as this. Lessons will be learned from it for sure. If we have another 'spike' or if we are inflicted with a similar problem in the next few years, hopefully we will be better prepared to deal with the complications.
It is the easiest scenario in the world to criticise a government from opposition, because in all of this, Labour have not had to directly deal with the complications and fallouts that it has caused. I suspect that they too would have totally struggled to come up with all the right solutions - do you go with the scientific evidence or do you go with a few alternative views from individuals? I suspect that Labour would have done exactly the same as the present government did and ended up getting severely criticised, the way that the Conservatives are now being castigated over their actions. The bottom line is that nobody knew how to deal with the problem and it just turned out to be a damned hard lesson learned.

We are in, no doubt, for a long stretch of financial insecurity, unemployment, social problems and probably other health problems still to emerge. That will not have been caused by an incompetent government but by a situation that no party could have ever foreseen.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 09 Jul 2020, 10:13

ashman wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 10:04
There are bound to be occasions where the present government will have been found wrong in their decisions. The trouble is that no government has ever had to deal with such a far reaching and world wide problem as this. Lessons will be learned from it for sure. If we have another 'spike' or if we are inflicted with a similar problem in the next few years, hopefully we will be better prepared to deal with the complications.
It is the easiest scenario in the world to criticise a government from opposition, because in all of this, Labour have not had to directly deal with the complications and fallouts that it has caused. I suspect that they too would have totally struggled to come up with all the right solutions - do you go with the scientific evidence or do you go with a few alternative views from individuals? I suspect that Labour would have done exactly the same as the present government did and ended up getting severely criticised, the way that the Conservatives are now being castigated over their actions. The bottom line is that nobody knew how to deal with the problem and it just turned out to be a damned hard lesson learned.

We are in, no doubt, for a long stretch of financial insecurity, unemployment, social problems and probably other health problems still to emerge. That will not have been caused by an incompetent government but by a situation that no party could have ever foreseen.
Excellent posting. Absolutely right.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 09 Jul 2020, 10:15

Gaz_Miller wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 08:02

Gaz, the country was ******* long before Coronovirus. Long before Brexit. Thats why guys like me got made redundant. That's why guys like you are off to France.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Jul 2020, 10:25

Angela Merkel: “You cannot fight the pandemic with lies and disinformation...the limits of Populism are being laid bare.”

From her speech to the EU today.

So wish she was our PM. Johnson & Trump are living proof that populist governments just do not work.
― Unarine Ramaru

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Jul 2020, 10:30

DaveLister wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 10:15
Gaz, the country was ******* long before Coronovirus. Long before Brexit. Thats why guys like me got made redundant. That's why guys like you are off to France.
I don't disagree Dave. Austerity is still the main issue that has caused this country's demise. It would have taken a generation to recover from, even without Covid.

However, Brexit will be a continual pump of fuel onto a fire that we were already struggling to put out. It's going to be an unmitigating disaster - just wait and see.
― Unarine Ramaru

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Jul 2020, 11:15

ashman wrote:

Yet another deflecting post from the truth, saying Labour wouldn't have done any better. That's pure guess work - nothing more.

This government had the hindsight - we watched Italy & then Spain fall foul of this virus but did nothing about it. In fact, the fat liar went around hospital wards shaking hands with people - and then nearly died from it.

Brazil's president, Bolsonaro (another populist government) has done exactly the same with his handling of the pandemic. And just like our fat liar, he's now succumbed to Covid. I'd say Trump has been extremely lucky, so far, in that he hasn't caught it too.

CAN YOU NOT SEE A THEME?

Germany, South Korea, New Zealand etc etc have all handled it correctly. The Fat Liar is now even blaming care homes for not taking proper precautions.

It's one lie after another, yet people are turning a blind eye to that. No doubt because they voted for this buffoon and his puppet master.

― Unarine Ramaru
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Jul 2020, 13:08

Gaz_Miller wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 11:15
ashman wrote:

Yet another deflecting post from the truth, saying Labour wouldn't have done any better. That's pure guess work - nothing more.

This government had the hindsight - we watched Italy & then Spain fall foul of this virus but did nothing about it. In fact, the fat liar went around hospital wards shaking hands with people - and then nearly died from it.

Brazil's president, Bolsonaro (another populist government) has done exactly the same with his handling of the pandemic. And just like our fat liar, he's now succumbed to Covid. I'd say Trump has been extremely lucky, so far, in that he hasn't caught it too.

CAN YOU NOT SEE A THEME?

Germany, South Korea, New Zealand etc etc have all handled it correctly. The Fat Liar is now even blaming care homes for not taking proper precautions.

It's one lie after another, yet people are turning a blind eye to that. No doubt because they voted for this buffoon and his puppet master.

― Unarine Ramaru
The highlighted bit, pure guess work, is that not exactly what you, Trevor, WhiteG, Captain Hindsight et al are doing, of course it is, we’ll never know, you can assume as much as you like but the answer is nobody knows, those of the right say Labour couldn’t have done any better, those of the left blame the a Government, at the election last year the right had the most votes ergo you losers can only bleat and make ridiculous posts like the one above.

Which bit of we’ll never know Don’t you understand.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Jul 2020, 13:22

bristleposh wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 13:08

The highlighted bit, pure guess work, is that not exactly what you, Trevor, WhiteG, Captain Hindsight et al are doing, of course it is, we’ll never know, you can assume as much as you like but the answer is nobody knows, those of the right say Labour couldn’t have done any better, those of the left blame the a Government, at the election last year the right had the most votes ergo you losers can only bleat and make ridiculous posts like the one above.

Which bit of we’ll never know Don’t you understand.
Which bit of "we had all the hindsight" do you not understand?

Are you going to rewrite history & say Covid did not happen in Italy & Spain, weeks before it reached the UK?
Are you going to rewrite history & say the Fat Liar didn't go around shaking everybody's hands and then caught the virus as a result?
Are you going to rewrite history & say that Germany, New Zealand etc didn't cope with it better than the UK, even though they had the exact same preperation time?

Johnson is now blaming the Care Homes - do you agree with that too or can you see straight through his & Cummings attempt to deflect the blame?
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Jul 2020, 13:48

Funny how you don’t mention countries like Belgium who have a far worse death per head count, how you don’t mention Sweden who have a worse rate by population per area. Italy and Spain only had problems in the north with a density of population nowhere Near that of London which contributed to most of England’s deaths. Places like Leicester have had to go into another lockdown, I suppose that is the fault of Boris that they have a larger than 50% BAME who tend to live with several Generations of the same families living in the same house in crowded conditions, is it his fault that criminals have slave labourers working in sweatshops. Different countries have different circumstances if you lived in New Zealand you’d have to drive for about an hour to see another human being. Of course you can compare them because it suits your narrow perception of the tragedy.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Jul 2020, 14:10

Okay then - to cut out this disagreement, I'll ask a question.

Do you think Johnson & his government have done a good job in handling the coronavirus outbreak.

YES or NO?

No blaming Starmer, or your lovely comment of 'the ugly woman' on the opposition bench, or Diane Abbott for getting her numbers confused on a radio interview two or three years ago - just answer the question.

YES or NO
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Jul 2020, 15:33

YES