The Politics of Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

White G

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 07 Jul 2020, 17:28

bristleposh wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 15:00
You are right almost half the electorate voted to remain, and quite a few were stupid enough to vote for Corbyn
What do you make of Johnson cosying with the Saudis to increase defence sales? This is despite knowing these weapons will be use in terrorism attacks against Yemen.

Meanwhile Corbyn gets called a terrorist sympathiser, despite spending his political career as a peace-maker & being on the right side of all the military mistakes of the UK's recent past?

Corbyn being photographed with terrorists during peace talks, followed by newspapers twisting the story is a distortion of the truth. Johnson on the other hand is actively working with known terrorists, funders for ISIS & with brutal human rights. What makes this ok??? Is it the media slant? Is it the money involved?

The biggest laugh is that you couldn't probably name one thing that Boris has got right since he was elected. Everything has turned into a complete disaster & he's been regularly humiliated due to his incompetence. Let's focus on what's actually happening, not hypothetical situations. All the arguments for Boris are being proved wrong in front of our very eyes, I'm sorry but it's indefensible!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Jul 2020, 18:14

White G wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 17:28
bristleposh wrote:
You are right almost half the electorate voted to remain, and quite a few were stupid enough to vote for Corbyn
The biggest laugh is that you couldn't probably name one thing that Boris has got right since he was elected.
Just one thing, appointing the next Prime Minister of the UK as Chancellor of the Exchequer,
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Wilco

Post by Wilco » 07 Jul 2020, 19:00

bristleposh wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 18:14
White G wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
The biggest laugh is that you couldn't probably name one thing that Boris has got right since he was elected.
Just one thing, appointing the next Prime Minister of the UK as Chancellor of the Exchequer,
Eh? So the next Prime Minister will also be Chancellor of the Exchequer?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jul 2020, 11:09

Wilco wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 19:00
bristleposh wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 18:14
White G wrote:

Eh? So the next Prime Minister will also be Chancellor of the Exchequer?
Can you read joined-up writing
they're a prat!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Jul 2020, 13:14

So this government have done nothing commendable other than to appoint sunak as chancellor?

I think that is what you are saying? Are we agreed on that?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jul 2020, 13:57

No several others things but that is the ace in the pack
they're a prat!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Jul 2020, 14:06

theres usually at least four aces , plus another few which will win

what are the other notable successes of the ten years in power

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Jul 2020, 15:15

bristleposh wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 13:57
No several others things but that is the ace in the pack
I'm intrigued what these 'several' other things are too. Please share.

So far, we've got - he's appointed a good chancellor. If that's top, the rest could be pretty thin...
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jul 2020, 15:22

How about offering the electorate the chance to leave the EU
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Jul 2020, 16:27

bristleposh wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 15:22
How about offering the electorate the chance to leave the EU
No. That was a disaster. Far too many people having no idea what they were voting for. Even years after the event, several 'top' politicians didn't understand the full impact; so what chance did Joe Public have?

Next.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jul 2020, 16:30

I take it you knew everything and voted to remain, I wish I was as clever
they're a prat!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Jul 2020, 18:07

so just to recap,

someone who thinks the tories are really good believes that the best deeds they have performed in the last ten years are:-

1) to have appointed a man as chancellor who is overseeing the highest level of debt that this country has ever had, and as yet is utterly unproven as to how he is going to manage the economy in the next few years

2) to have adopted a policy, of which the architect now fully regrets having implemented the policy and which in any case was

a copy of an old labour policy from 1975

and nobody can tell us what other really good deeds the government have performed in the last ten years.

in the meantime we have had 10 years of policy driven austerity, and as a result were badly prepared to cope with an epidemic , and actions since the start of the epidemic have exacerbated both the health crisis and also the economic crisis

but at least theres been lots of slogans to help

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jul 2020, 20:45

trevormans wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 18:07
so just to recap,

someone who thinks the tories are really good believes that the best deeds they have performed in the last ten years are:-

1) to have appointed a man as chancellor who is overseeing the highest level of debt that this country has ever had, and as yet is utterly unproven as to how he is going to manage the economy in the next few years maybe, but the debt is not enough for Mrs Scruffy the shadow chancellor who thinks he should be spending more

2) to have adopted a policy, of which the architect now fully regrets having implemented the policy and which in any case was

a copy of an old labour policy from 1975

and nobody can tell us what other really good deeds the government have performed in the last ten years.

in the meantime we have had 10 years of policy driven austerity, and as a result were badly prepared to cope with an epidemic , and actions since the start of the epidemic have exacerbated both the health crisis and also the economic crisis
Austerity for ten years brought about by a wasteful Labour government, it was almost paid back when the Chinese decided to inflict Covid 19 on the world

but at least theres been lots of slogans to help nothing wrong with a good slogan, just think of Kinnock’s Things can only get better
they're a prat!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Jul 2020, 20:58

Just like Johnson

Cannot argue the point so tries diversion and whatiffery

Why not tell us the good points of the last ten tory years?

Or have you done so already ?

and all we have to look forward is lies diversions slogans bluster and paying for the incompetence of the last four months

This is good leadership?

Does anybody think the tories are doing a good job?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jul 2020, 22:19

There’s no pleasing you is there, because of the Tories we were spared the ignominy of having a Muslim embracing, unionist breaking IRA lover, that is worth ten years of any government. We would probably have had a woman who couldn’t count as Chancellor. Nothing anyone can say will placate your twisted view of Johnson and Cummings. Just be assured that it would have been a damn sight worse with Corbyn at the helm. How on earth Labour thought they could win an election led by him. Starmer is equally as clueless but at least he’s a bit nearer the centre, so may appease some of the Blairites.
they're a prat!