The Politics of Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29726
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 27 Jun 2020, 18:07

White G wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 17:06
bristleposh wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 14:27
White G wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 13:27
Yesterday there were 186 covid-19 related deaths in the UK. Breaking it down further it looks like:

Scotland: 0
N. Ireland: 1
Wales: 2
England: 183

Despite its massive population, it's clear that Bojo is still making a mess of this. It's costing many, many lives and shouldn't be swept under the carpet!
I have no doubt that the 183 were caused by stupid people protesting about a murder the other side of the Atlantic, more stupid people holding street parties and sunning themselves on a beach without keeping their distance. Stop blaming the Government for the stupidity of the people he is trying to govern. He’s explained the policies, the fact that the majority aren’t listening is not his fault. It’s like trying to teach a kid how to do maths.
England lifted Lockdown restrictions earlier than the other nations. Boris was warned but was clearly under pressure from his billionaire backers whose main focus is the economy, not safety!

For this reason, I will blame the government, just like I did when they tried to bury their heads in the sand at the start of this pandemic.
Two days earlier?
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 893
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by trevormans » 27 Jun 2020, 20:29

Brianposh wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 16:57
Don't get me started on that corrupt, lying Bliar. The most untrustworthy politician in history.
i say again I never forgive blair for Iraq

but if he was the most untrustworthy politician in history, can you remind me of say 3 of his other "corruptions" or "lies" as a politician.


you clearly feel that if " we get you started" then you will be able to supply perhaps a Blairs top ten

the floor, as they say is yours

trevormans
Posts: 893
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by trevormans » 27 Jun 2020, 20:33

bristleposh wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 14:23
trevormans wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 13:31
What about the blair flat
He paid for the flat so as to avoid paying a tax whether it be inheritance tax or what I don’t know but it certainly was for the benefit of Mr&Mrs Blair and their son and not for the benefit of the tax man. He was even more bent than Johnson
are you saying he should not have bought somewhere for his son to live at university , and that was in some way an evasion/ avoidance of tax.


crikey, a lot of people have done that, not to avoid tax but as a means of limiting the cost of three years at University

or are we to have another effort of trying to make mud stick even without any truth, when this week this utterly corrupt government has been trying to deny £45 millions to one of the poorest boroughs in London, purely to benefit a supporter, ally, friend of the tory party

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29726
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by bristleposh » 27 Jun 2020, 20:40

I say it as I saw it at the time, he was too busy keeping his eye on bringing down Saddam Hussein if you think he was doing that to benefit the nation you’re more stupid than we give you credit for, and although I’ve answered your questions on here I think they have very little to do with black lives.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2012
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 27 Jun 2020, 21:28

bristleposh wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 18:07
White G wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 17:06
bristleposh wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 14:27


I have no doubt that the 183 were caused by stupid people protesting about a murder the other side of the Atlantic, more stupid people holding street parties and sunning themselves on a beach without keeping their distance. Stop blaming the Government for the stupidity of the people he is trying to govern. He’s explained the policies, the fact that the majority aren’t listening is not his fault. It’s like trying to teach a kid how to do maths.
England lifted Lockdown restrictions earlier than the other nations. Boris was warned but was clearly under pressure from his billionaire backers whose main focus is the economy, not safety!

For this reason, I will blame the government, just like I did when they tried to bury their heads in the sand at the start of this pandemic.
Two days earlier?
More like 2 weeks, and the movement restrictions have been much less rigid in England. You're losing this debate as the evidence is all there!!

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29726
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 27 Jun 2020, 21:35

I’m not interested whether it was two days or two weeks. You’d knock our elected government rather than give them any credit. I’ll say it again just for the hard of reading. It’s the planks on the street having parties, sunning themselves on the beach, etc etc I suppose it was Johnson’s fault that some nutter threw a little French boy off an art gallery W⚓️
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 893
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by trevormans » 27 Jun 2020, 22:38

Your answers as ever are wrong

You try to get the facts to follow your prejudices

But like Johnson, when challenged ,they fall apart

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2012
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 28 Jun 2020, 01:52

bristleposh wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 21:35
I’m not interested whether it was two days or two weeks. You’d knock our elected government rather than give them any credit. I’ll say it again just for the hard of reading. It’s the planks on the street having parties, sunning themselves on the beach, etc etc I suppose it was Johnson’s fault that some nutter through a little French boy off an art gallery W⚓️
The mobbed beaches were caused by the Tories lifting travel restrictions in England, whereas in Wales & Scotland there's a 5 mile limit for leisure travel I'm sure! So yes, the only fault here is of the conservative government who are deciding England's policies!

You're blaming these "planks", so are you saying that people in England are far more stupid than the Welsh or Scots???? If the answer is no, then you have to look at the government as the results are way behind the smaller UK nations, who have been significantly stricter in their ease of restrictions.

So what credit do the Tory Government exactly deserve here?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29726
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by bristleposh » 28 Jun 2020, 08:06

trevormans wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 22:38
Your answers as ever are wrong

You try to get the facts to follow your prejudices

But like Johnson, when challenged ,they fall apart
So I’m wrong. Blair didn’t go after Saddam, he thought he was doing a fine job.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6405
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by Poshay » 28 Jun 2020, 11:39

A few days ago it was announced that 50% of imported cases of Covid-19 are from Pakistan. Today there are moves afoot for a local lockdown in Leicester because of the surge of cases. Is there any connection between the two?
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 716
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 28 Jun 2020, 13:09

White G wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 13:27
Yesterday there were 186 covid-19 related deaths in the UK. Breaking it down further it looks like:

Scotland: 0
N. Ireland: 1
Wales: 2
England: 183

Despite its massive population, it's clear that Bojo is still making a mess of this. It's costing many, many lives and shouldn't be swept under the carpet!
I can't believe the media aren't picking up on this. There are still almost a thousand new cases every day.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29726
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 28 Jun 2020, 13:57

Gaz_Miller wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 13:09
White G wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 13:27
Yesterday there were 186 covid-19 related deaths in the UK. Breaking it down further it looks like:

Scotland: 0
N. Ireland: 1
Wales: 2
England: 183

Despite its massive population, it's clear that Bojo is still making a mess of this. It's costing many, many lives and shouldn't be swept under the carpet!
I can't believe the media aren't picking up on this. There are still almost a thousand new cases every day.
Utterly disgusting, obviously it wouldn't be so bad with anyone else as PM. Assuming Edinburgh and Glasgow have nobody visiting beaches at all, and nobody protesting on the streets about criminals getting killed. Nobody lives in Scotland who supports Celtic so they didn't have a party when the league was won or hasn't it been won yet. I imagine it must be impossible for people living in Wales if they live more than 5 miles from their workplace. Some people probably can't go to a supermarket either.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2012
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 28 Jun 2020, 16:52

bristleposh wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 13:57
Gaz_Miller wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 13:09
White G wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 13:27
Yesterday there were 186 covid-19 related deaths in the UK. Breaking it down further it looks like:

Scotland: 0
N. Ireland: 1
Wales: 2
England: 183

Despite its massive population, it's clear that Bojo is still making a mess of this. It's costing many, many lives and shouldn't be swept under the carpet!
I can't believe the media aren't picking up on this. There are still almost a thousand new cases every day.
Utterly disgusting, obviously it wouldn't be so bad with anyone else as PM. Assuming Edinburgh and Glasgow have nobody visiting beaches at all, and nobody protesting on the streets about criminals getting killed. Nobody lives in Scotland who supports Celtic so they didn't have a party when the league was won or hasn't it been won yet. I imagine it must be impossible for people living in Wales if they live more than 5 miles from their workplace. Some people probably can't go to a supermarket either.
I don't get your point here Bristle! The stats are undeniable, but rather than questioning the real reasons for these alarming stats, you're turning a blind eye. What credit does the Tory Government deserve?? You said we should give them credit but it bemuses me why exactly.

The 5 mile limit is for non-essential, leisure travel as well, so you're incorrect in your above response on workplaces & supermarkets.

trevormans
Posts: 893
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by trevormans » 28 Jun 2020, 17:20

bristleposh wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 08:06
trevormans wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 22:38
Your answers as ever are wrong

You try to get the facts to follow your prejudices

But like Johnson, when challenged ,they fall apart
So I’m wrong. Blair didn’t go after Saddam, he thought he was doing a fine job.
your original point on this was
"He paid for the flat so as to avoid paying a tax whether it be inheritance tax or what I don’t know but it certainly was for the benefit of Mr&Mrs Blair and their son and not for the benefit of the tax man. He was even more bent than Johnson"

you were saying he bought a flat in bristol to avoid Tax. you said that made him "even more bent than Johnson"

now I am pleased that you see Johnson as bent, I agree with you on this point.

Brian Posh made a similar derogatory comment about Blair, and I challenged him to put three examples of it. I am not surprised he has not done that. My expectation was low

but this buying of the flat by mrs Blair was not avoiding tax. it was to give her son someone to live, and reduce his costs. Hardly bent. If you are going to make claims about people , then it ought to have some substance to it and not just putting things into the ether, expecting nobody to check it.

I will remind you that you told us that Labour's worst crime (after Iraq) was the three day week.

Again I had to point out to you that you were mistaken , and that Labours second worst act was a tory policy.

We have agreed separately that the Iraq War was wrong. I have always believed that.

I also believe that, because of back bench opposition from the labour party, it would never have passed Parliament if the Tories had not supported it


so just to recap , we agree that the Iraq war was wrong, and you need to check your facts about blairs buying a flat in Bristol,

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2012
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by White G » 28 Jun 2020, 19:54

:stupid:
Last edited by White G on 28 Jun 2020, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply