The Politics of Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 16 Jun 2020, 19:34

trevormans wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 18:12
I wouldn't bring politics into this stream if I were you

An even handed arbiter might take a dim view

But perhaps he wont because you dont hate the tories
I seem to recall you claimed to be a Tory who can’t stand Johnson. I didn’t like May, but put up with her.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans

Re: Coronavirus

Post by trevormans » 16 Jun 2020, 19:58

if there is one hint that I have ever, in three score years and more , ever ever said that I have claimed to be a tory then I would like to see it. i do not believe for a scintilla of a moment that you could demonstrate it.

one twerp once told me that I hate tories and I , as I always would, said that I do not hate tories. that does not make me a tory, some of my genuine heroes are tories,. few are worthy of capitals

it is that limited, and unbalanced thinking that typifies so much of what I am opposed to. judgements are made without full evaluation of the facts available. thats why slogans work, , it means you dont have to think , because some manipulator has said it for you. take back control

I am opposed to racism, to lying, to lack of transparency, to lack of scrutiny and to the abuse of democracy.
FL is guilty of all these

capitals are mere trivia,

HantsPosh

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by HantsPosh » 25 Jun 2020, 10:15

He’s allowed an opinion and has the right to voice it, if we don’t like it we don’t have to listen or read it.

Free speech is this country is a myth as has been proven this week.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Jun 2020, 11:25

HantsPosh wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 10:15
He’s allowed an opinion and has the right to voice it, if we don’t like it we don’t have to listen or read it.

Thank you, is the correct response. I come from an era when you were allowed an opinion and allowed to make a joke about anything.

White G

Post by White G » 25 Jun 2020, 18:47

bristleposh wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 11:25
HantsPosh wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 10:15

Thank you, is the correct response. I come from an era when you were allowed an opinion and allowed to make a joke about anything.
There's a fine line between being gagged & having free speech! Being able to say anything you like can be very dangerous, tolerance & decorum means that you shouldn't have the hatred to feel the need to say contraversial right wing statements.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Jun 2020, 21:14

White G wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 18:47
There's a fine line between being gagged & having free speech! Being able to say anything you like can be very dangerous, tolerance & decorum means that you shouldn't have the hatred to feel the need to say contraversial right wing statements.
It’s like today’s news on BBC main story all the stupid people on the beach at Bournemouth, but why was that any worse than the thugs who injured 22 police officers in Brixton and smashed up cars, but that was alright because black lives matter. I suppose that is controversial right wing statement. One law for some another for others.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 25 Jun 2020, 21:21

bristleposh wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 22:55
trevormans wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 21:13
somewhat less imbalanced that the article from the tax dodgers paper
How do you know it was The Daily Mirror which all the so-called working-class read, more like the non-working class benefit fraudsters.
this is beyond pathetic and keeps travelling.

It is not true for the simple reason that it is a question.

Questions are not true, they are asking questions.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW" is a question

It really is quite simple

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Jun 2020, 22:42

Why am I always the guilty one here, it is you that comes out with all the anti-government quotes? I support my elected Government, always have done even when it was that prat Blair, who was so honest he bought his son a flat in Bristol to scupper the tax to his own Government.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 26 Jun 2020, 09:32

this may be difficult to understand for some, but our system in this country is not to have an elected government.

We elect a parliament (or at least the members of Parliament) not a government. Parliament is sovereign, not the government.

Then we have an appointed government. albeit appointed from mostly (but not totally ,) MPs

My complaint is that the government are continually seeking to deny democracy by seeking to deny Parliament to scrutinise the government. This has happened time and time again. This has been found to be the case in courts in some instances. The government , as a result , are seeking to limit the courts. Exactly what happened in Germany in the early 1930s. This is undemocratic.

It is then compounded by the fact that so many ministers choose to lie to Parliament and to the people , and is even further compounded by the fact that so many of them are incompetent. The Jenrick case for example does not look very straightforward

There is no virtue is supporting lies and incompetence.

You may disagree. I support democracy

separately ...

I remember the Blair flat , but I do not understand your comment about "scupper the tax". can you elucidate?

White G

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 27 Jun 2020, 13:27

Yesterday there were 186 covid-19 related deaths in the UK. Breaking it down further it looks like:

Scotland: 0
N. Ireland: 1
Wales: 2
England: 183

Despite its massive population, it's clear that Bojo is still making a mess of this. It's costing many, many lives and shouldn't be swept under the carpet!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 27 Jun 2020, 13:31

What about the blair flat

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Jun 2020, 14:23

trevormans wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 13:31
What about the blair flat
He paid for the flat so as to avoid paying a tax whether it be inheritance tax or what I don’t know but it certainly was for the benefit of Mr&Mrs Blair and their son and not for the benefit of the tax man. He was even more bent than Johnson

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Jun 2020, 14:27

White G wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 13:27
Yesterday there were 186 covid-19 related deaths in the UK. Breaking it down further it looks like:

Despite its massive population, it's clear that Bojo is still making a mess of this. It's costing many, many lives and shouldn't be swept under the carpet!
I have no doubt that the 183 were caused by stupid people protesting about a murder the other side of the Atlantic, more stupid people holding street parties and sunning themselves on a beach without keeping their distance. Stop blaming the Government for the stupidity of the people he is trying to govern. He’s explained the policies, the fact that the majority aren’t listening is not his fault. It’s like trying to teach a kid how to do maths.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 27 Jun 2020, 16:57

Don't get me started on that corrupt, lying Bliar. The most untrustworthy politician in history.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

White G

Post by White G » 27 Jun 2020, 17:06

bristleposh wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 14:27
White G wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 13:27

I have no doubt that the 183 were caused by stupid people protesting about a murder the other side of the Atlantic, more stupid people holding street parties and sunning themselves on a beach without keeping their distance. Stop blaming the Government for the stupidity of the people he is trying to govern. He’s explained the policies, the fact that the majority aren’t listening is not his fault. It’s like trying to teach a kid how to do maths.
England lifted Lockdown restrictions earlier than the other nations. Boris was warned but was clearly under pressure from his billionaire backers whose main focus is the economy, not safety!

For this reason, I will blame the government, just like I did when they tried to bury their heads in the sand at the start of this pandemic.