The Politics of Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 12 Jun 2020, 08:31

trevormans wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 07:54
I do not understand why they are not splitting the primary classes into half and then the first half do monday to wednesday and the second half do thursday to friday

The following week it be reversed

That would not be ideal but at least all the children would be back into the discipline of schooling

My wife was a reception class and is fully supportive of the principle
I have heard that a three day week may be necessary for the workplace too.
Political correctness gone mad these days,
you can't say Mongoose, you have to say
Special needs goose

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Jun 2020, 10:24

I am not aware of it being proposed "in the work place" .It was certainly seen as necessary when Ted Heath introduced it in response to a national emergency in the early 1970's. But never under Labour

But I genuinely cannot see why it would not be done in schools on 3 day on 2 day off approach.

I also do not understand why current fourth formers and lower sixth are not going back in large numbers.

Their mid term future depends on theirdoing well in the summer exams next year, an they ought to be sensible enough to follow 2 mete rule

White G

Post by White G » 12 Jun 2020, 14:10

Johnson's indecisive, dismissive behaviour has led to tens of thousands of lives being lost, caused by delaying lockdown by a week. This is according to experts who pretty much confirm what we already knew.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Jun 2020, 15:32

White G wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 14:10
Johnson's indecisive, dismissive behaviour has led to tens of thousands of lives being lost, caused by delaying lockdown by a week. This is according to experts who pretty much confirm what we already knew.
One of those experts was Ferguson who left because he was caught with his Richard in a married woman, he advised the government what to do, now in hindsight, he is doing what we can all do say if we'd gone into lockdown a week earlier, we'd have saved tens of thousands. I think he is thinking of changing his name by deed poll to Sir Keir Starmer he's good at the hindsight thing.
Special needs goose

White G

Post by White G » 12 Jun 2020, 16:17

:question:
bristleposh wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 15:32
White G wrote:
One of those experts was Ferguson who left because he was caught with his Richard in a married woman, he advised the government what to do, now in hindsight, he is doing what we can all do say if we'd gone into lockdown a week earlier, we'd have saved tens of thousands. I think he is thinking of changing his name by deed poll to Sir Keir Starmer he's good at the hindsight thing.
It's hardly a shocking statement though. We were last to admit there was a problem, and last to take action. Surely this is why we have shocking statistics compared to countries that reacted more quickly.

This expert is correct, that is 100%! No slating of Jeremy Corbyn, bringing up Jimmy Saville & Maddie McCann will change this.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Jun 2020, 16:30

White G wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 16:17
:question:
bristleposh wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 15:32
White G wrote:
It's hardly a shocking statement though. We were last to admit there was a problem, and last to take action. Surely this is why we have shocking statistics compared to countries that reacted more quickly.

This expert is correct, that is 100%! No slating of Jeremy Corbyn, bringing up Jimmy Saville & Maddie McCann will change this.
I only brought them up to show how stupid some of your hindsight sniping is.
Special needs goose

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Jun 2020, 16:41

But some of your hindsight daftness was holding up first the labour bad thing was the three day week

The worst thing by labour was Edward heath s three day way week

I wont say thathat makes you look a bit silly but it would be hard to argue if I did!

The three day week????!!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Jun 2020, 16:57

trevormans wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 16:41
But some of your hindsight daftness was holding up first the labour bad thing was the three day week

The worst thing by labour was Edward heath s three day way week

I wont say thathat makes you look a bit silly but it would be hard to argue if I did!

The three day week????!!!
It was an error that you picked up on straight away, it was because of the oil crisis, so the government were about as culpable as Labour were for the financial crisis in 2008.

Having looked at Mr Google I have seen where I went wrong, my hazy memory I thought the three day week and the winter of discontent were one and the same thing. One caused by the oil crisis the other by trade unions thinking it would be easier to hold the nation to ransom under a Labour government.
Special needs goose

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Jun 2020, 17:48

Gracious indeed

Well done

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Jun 2020, 17:58

I don't remember clearly but I think there were 2 3day weeks

One was down to sheikh Yemeni

And the other due to joe gormley

72 and 74
Height of IRA
Posh played leeds in the middle of it and kick off was 1pm I think

At 4nil at half time with no floodlights I actually considered popping outside making a phone call and suggesting there might be a package in the moys end

I resisted the temptation and

jon cozens ensured we won the second half 1 nil

I grew up a bit later on

But posh still won the fourth division

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 15 Jun 2020, 10:07

Did anybody notice how easily close contacts were identified via smartphones in yesterdays The Salisbury Poisonings on BBC and hence could contact potential victims

I wonder if that was true to life

If it was then it immediately begs the question as to why we are not currently doing that

trevormans

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by trevormans » 15 Jun 2020, 17:01

Why does this clown announce government initiatives in a newspaper and not in parliament?

This continues to be an assault on democracy.

Why did we need another investigation

Why does he not implement the recommendations from the last two investigations

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Jun 2020, 19:32

trevormans wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 17:01
Why does this clown announce government initiatives in a newspaper and not in parliament?

This continues to be an assault on democracy.

Why did we need another investigation

Why does he not implement the recommendations from the last two investigations
You've lost me, what investigation?
Special needs goose

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 16 Jun 2020, 14:30

it is all a diversionary tactic to kick the proverbial down the road

there is no need to set up an investigation when there are over 200 recommendations from 3 previous investigations which could be implemented from tomorrow

this government is so inept , they ought to change the daily briefings to the daily Uturn

trevormans

Re: Coronavirus

Post by trevormans » 16 Jun 2020, 18:12

I wouldn't bring politics into this stream if I were you

An even handed arbiter might take a dim view

But perhaps he wont because you dont hate the tories