The Politics of Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Locked
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29842
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 16 Jul 2020, 07:24

trevormans wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 22:50
another reason might be the utter incompetence of this government?
So take no notice of the facts just blame Cummings and Johnson, what on earth do you think it would have been like under Blair and his advisor Murdoch, or Captain Hindsight.
The greatest and ONLY gift the Far Left
will ever give the world.....
is the rise of the Far Right.

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by trevormans » 16 Jul 2020, 07:53

This is under performance on a massive scale. the buck stops with Johnson and his puppetmaster.

They have an 80 seat majority and still cannot get it right. The grayling farce is a case in point.

Image and " controlling the message" have more importance than 65000 lives, and the devastating effects on our economy

"never explain, never apologise"

Never once have I said that Labour would have acted better.

But what is certain is that no party would ever have behaved in such a consistently mendacious way , in a manner which has destroyed the trust of the British people in her majesty's government, and which has acted totally without a clear strategy, and which is in stark contrast with the leadership shown by the first ministers of both New Zealand and of Scotland.

You talk of the unprovenness of the excess deaths. "So much of what you ever say is based on conjecture."

however if the government knew that they had acted well then they would not be trying to delay, abandon a public inquiry. The same applies to the russian inquiry.

Johnson is tied in knots every week by starmer, because he asks precise questions, and the response is bluster and lies because he is too lazy to be on top of his brief. He does not give good leadership

Does anybody actually trust the words of the Government?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29842
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 16 Jul 2020, 08:20

trevormans wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 07:53


But what is certain is that no party would ever have behaved in such a consistently mendacious way , in a manner which has destroyed the trust of the British people in her majesty's government, and which has acted totally without a clear strategy, and which is in stark contrast with the leadership shown by the first ministers of both New Zealand and of Scotland.


I take it that chart I gave you wasn't clear enough, I thought so too, but it does give you an idea as to why those two countries with much smaller populations and footfall in terms of air traffic, and the density of population would have better statistics than others, places in the Caribbean, have virtually nil cases too. The leadership of those countries is made easier by the statistics shown in that chart, but you don't care about that. The reason our figures are where they are has nought to do with the leadership it has everything to do with Population, lifestyles, the problems in Leicester, for example, are easily explained with a mostly Asian community who live three generations to a property maybe 40 people living in a three-bedroom terrace. I approve of the clarity shown by the leader in Scotland, but she only governs half of the country the fact that it is part of the UK shows that in the less densely populated parts of the Kingdom. Heathrow alone has more International flights than the whole of Australasia.
trevormans wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 07:53
Johnson is tied in knots every week by starmer, because he asks precise questions
That's a joke, right. In case you were being serious, it is like any question and answer session the opening speech is pre-presented, so Captain Hindsight knows roughly what is coming, his questions can be ready made by a team of advisors, yet Boris is on his own to answer a question that he isn't aware is coming, obviously he thinks about what to say without leaping in.
The greatest and ONLY gift the Far Left
will ever give the world.....
is the rise of the Far Right.

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by trevormans » 16 Jul 2020, 09:25

I literally could not read the word on your graph,
I could see the shape of the graph but not not the detail of it
So I could not comment on it

Can you post a link to it?




Most pms attempt to answer the question. Johnson does not. If you read his answers then you will see he makes no attempt to answer. Everything is diversion as he was trained at eton and in the oxford union.he is too lazy to read his briefs. He has wongedbit all his life and now he is found to be incompetent. So he denies active scrutiny
Perhaps you can show me how his responses are actually answers to the questions from mr starmer

Your mocking name of mr hindsight is intended to belittle him.however a large part of the Nature of opposition is that there is a clue in the name. It is to highlight and oppose(OPPOSE as in opposition) and scrutinise the deeds and words of the executive. By definition to comment on deeds and words is to respond AFTER they have occurred. If that is hindsight then so be it. He has responded to what has happened. That is opposition. This government is so erratic it is impossible to predict what they will do except of course to do uturns and deny scrutiny

Johnson however is fully accurate and is worthy of little other than shame

Does anybody trust this government ?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29842
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 16 Jul 2020, 10:27

The greatest and ONLY gift the Far Left
will ever give the world.....
is the rise of the Far Right.

trevormans
Posts: 913
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by trevormans » 16 Jul 2020, 20:18

thanks for the link,
i could follow it a bit better, but it was not physically very clear (to my aging eyesight) but, with my not being a scientist ,i could not follow the logic of the figures and hence your argument. That is not to say your conclusion is wrong, just that I cannot follow it.

If it is valid then presumably skilled and knowledgeable scientists (who do not have an axe to grind) will support it. I am not aware that many have supported it

Who was it who produced it initially?

unless there is a strong consensus of informed scientists then I imagine (but dont know) that it is flawed., but I cannot show that to be the case

HOWEVER.................... professor vallance has today been quite clear that UK (especially england) have substantially underperformed during the whole epidemic, compared with other comparable countries.

I am more inclined to listen to his view, not least because he is one of our top men, he will have seen most of the evidence and will have bounced off many many scientific minds over many weeks. And he today is saying the lockdown came a week late .

Meanwhile the government is trying to pretend it began on the 16th!!! . Desperate times but typical of Himmler and others.

The monitoring ought to be even handed, but when it insults the blessed tories , the eraser comes in.

No matter how many times it is changed by biased monitoring (why is bliar never changed ? nor mr hindsight?, answer because of ridiculous bias!!) Johnson however is a fully descriptive and fully accurate sobriquet and is a name worthy of little other than shame. Johnson is out of his depth even with a 78 seat majority. (Why did cummings remove the whip???, typical of banana republic and totalitarian mentality. attacks on democracy need to be stopped . and Lewis is an arch brexiteer!!!)

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2036
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 17 Jul 2020, 13:50

Things are becoming clearer now as it now turns out that the Government IGNORED expert advice from SAGE to lock down the country a week earlier. So all this nonsense from people trying to blame the advisers doesn't wash any more!!!

And what about this disastrous Track & Trace app? It was supposed to be "world-beating", but instead it doesn't even work! Other countries have managed this for a fraction of the price, so it's another shambles!!

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2036
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 17 Jul 2020, 13:56

This is the result of voting in a proven liar, egomaniac with no sense of reality!! I simply don't understand how anyone could vote for him, if you didn't like Corbyn you could've gone for Lib Dems, Greens or simply abstained.

I'm glad the truth is out & the scientific community are no longer taking the blame for the Tories' gaffes! Not to mention the totally disrespectful slander towards care homes. It takes a man to own up to mistakes, but a coward will always hide!

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2036
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 17 Jul 2020, 14:26

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... y-22368475

Corruption is all over the place in the Tory party!! Billions are thrown away each year by the Tories helping out their rich mates, it's theft & we continually turn a blind eye to it!!

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29842
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 17 Jul 2020, 15:27

Oh dear somebody is still upset that Boris went round and serviced their wife whilst he was at work. How childish
The greatest and ONLY gift the Far Left
will ever give the world.....
is the rise of the Far Right.

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2036
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 17 Jul 2020, 16:24

bristleposh wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 15:27
Oh dear somebody is still upset that Boris went round and serviced their wife whilst he was at work. How childish
????????????? Very bizarre comeback Bristle.

Are you not concerned that your one defence of the government has now been exposed as a lie? They ignored their expert advisors by delaying lockdown by a week, against all advice!!! You have no decent comebacks now, just put your hands up and admit that the Tories have cost many thousands of lives due to their sheer incompetence!!

Like I predicted, the UK & USA performed the worst in this pandemic. It was essentially about people v wealth, and while the capitalist mindset has failed, the socialist approach has seen significantly better results!!

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29842
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 17 Jul 2020, 17:38

Just to be clear, the reason for the flippant answer, is, don’t you think people get fed up with everything you say about the government, always negative, always believing the left wing lies of The Mirror. A disgruntled scientist who said nothing at the time. Suddenly remembers after all this time that he had told the government to shut down a week earlier than they did. All the doom and gloom merchants saying we could have saved x number of deaths had we locked down earlier. Where is the proof, there isn’t any of course. Like the number of jobs lost because of Brexit, only remainers know the answers or at least say they do. Once again there is no definitive answer.
The greatest and ONLY gift the Far Left
will ever give the world.....
is the rise of the Far Right.

User avatar
White G
Posts: 2036
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 18 Jul 2020, 09:32

bristleposh wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 17:38
Just to be clear, the reason for the flippant answer, is, don’t you think people get fed up with everything you say about the government, always negative, always believing the left wing lies of The Mirror. A disgruntled scientist who said nothing at the time. Suddenly remembers after all this time that he had told the government to shut down a week earlier than they did. All the doom and gloom merchants saying we could have saved x number of deaths had we locked down earlier. Where is the proof, there isn’t any of course. Like the number of jobs lost because of Brexit, only remainers know the answers or at least say they do. Once again there is no definitive answer.
There is proof, you only have to look at the massive infection rate in the time after that crucial week. Everyone was going on with their daily business, going to Cheltenham etc. It's 100% evident and the proof is in the figures. There's plenty graphs/charts about if you want us to spell it out!

And it's way more than one scientist who is slating the UK's failure to respond. The international community have been scathing of our government, and when speaking to European work colleagues it's clear that we're a laughing stock!

As for your claims on science, the BMJ, WHO & numerous other organisations I'm sure have slammed the UK government since the start of this crisis. Why has Boris stopped using his "led by science" chat? It's because he's been ignoring their warnings. It's not just one scientist, there are plenty more articles if you want to delve further.

EVERYTHING tells us that the government have made a shambolic mess of this. From the dismissive behaviour at the start, the stupid defiance by the PM which could have killed him or those around him, the refusal to act until it was too late, the failure to get PPE for all those on the front line, the woeful oversights with nursing homes etc etc.

You know it fine well Bristle but are too weak a man to admit that you were wrong. That's why you answer points by claiming Boris Johnson must've slept with my wife! It's the sign of a beaten man, maybe it's time to close this thread for your own sake, it's becoming embarrassing as you're a man in your twilight years behaving like a schoolboy.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29842
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 18 Jul 2020, 11:42

White G wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 09:32
maybe it's time to close this thread for your own sake,
Perhaps you hadn't realised but I am not a moderator, so wouldn't be able to do that, I agree though it appears I am hoisted by my own petard, but if it were closed where would you and trevor put all your same old same old rants. I agree he was too late shutting things down, but I'm only saying that in hindsight. Personally I think he shut down a few days too early I was looking forward to a trip to Birmingham on the Saturday to watch my beloved Posh play Coventry
The greatest and ONLY gift the Far Left
will ever give the world.....
is the rise of the Far Right.

Locked