Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29348
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 23 Mar 2020, 15:01

Gaz_Miller wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 09:44
Brianposh wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 23:10
Boris and Co.have just about got it right...…...the one's who have not, are the majority of the Public who have proved once again that a great many are morons without a grey cell between them. Put some in prison and fine them a £1000 or two, might, just might wake them up.
I have not moved from home now for over 12 days.
Absolute nonsense that Boris & Co have got it right.

Did you agree with his sidekick Cummings when he said "if a few pensioners die, too bad"?

The initial approach from this government was slow, weak & gave far too many mixed messages. It's STILL too slow. People don't understand what to do. "Go out, don't go out, go to the parks, don't go to the parks" - it's pathetic leadership.

We need authority, and we need it NOW.
Pathetic response, if all the socialist voters stayed at home and didn’t stock pile toilet rolls we’d be fine.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 609
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 23 Mar 2020, 15:23

bristleposh wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 15:01
Pathetic response, if all the socialist voters stayed at home and didn’t stock pile toilet rolls we’d be fine.
And in a nutshell from the selfish Tory voting idiots who have got us in this mess.

The very least you should be doing is apologising to the nation.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1582
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: Coronavirus

Post by PoshCynic » 23 Mar 2020, 16:46

Gaz_Miller wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 15:23
bristleposh wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 15:01
Pathetic response, if all the socialist voters stayed at home and didn’t stock pile toilet rolls we’d be fine.
And in a nutshell from the selfish Tory voting idiots who have got us in this mess.

The very least you should be doing is apologising to the nation.
Present coronavirus problems are not down to the actions/lack of actions by ANY political party. If everybody followed the expert advice provided to the government by the scientists and medical professionals, it would be a great deal better for all.

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 609
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 23 Mar 2020, 17:35

PoshCynic wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 16:46

Present coronavirus problems are not down to the actions/lack of actions by ANY political party. If everybody followed the expert advice provided to the government by the scientists and medical professionals, it would be a great deal better for all.
Of course it's down to the advice and actions of the people running the country.

Why have China addressed the situation within three months (losing far fewer people than Italy already have)? Why is it flatlining in Germany?

These countries imposed strict guidelines from the very early days. The countries who are struggling didn't, i.e. Italy & Spain.

Every single expert is saying we are going down the same path as those two countries.

Wake up. I agree people must take the appropriate action but if you just tell them it's okay to get out and walk, what are they going to do? If you tell them the parks are the place to get exercise, where are they going to go? If you tell them pubs will shut tomorrow, where are they going to go tonight? If you tell them to work in the office if they can't work from home, what are they going to do?

It needs extremely strong leadership. Unfortunately, we've got a buffoon running the country. More interested in his rich mates than the lives of a few pensioners (see Cummings).

If you think they're doing it right you are just protecting yourself because you voted for him. The rest of us knew what would happen.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29348
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 23 Mar 2020, 17:41

Gaz_Miller wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 17:35
PoshCynic wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 16:46

Present coronavirus problems are not down to the actions/lack of actions by ANY political party. If everybody followed the expert advice provided to the government by the scientists and medical professionals, it would be a great deal better for all.
.

Why have China addressed the situation within three months (losing far fewer people than Italy already have)?
if you believe those figures you are stupider than people give you credit for.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 609
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 23 Mar 2020, 18:50

You did well to avoid every other thing in my post.

Always a sign of when you’ve won
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29348
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 23 Mar 2020, 19:14

Gaz_Miller wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 18:50
You did well to avoid every other thing in my post.

Always a sign of when you’ve won
In the same way as a team that has shipped more goals than the opposition is declared the winner. You may or may not choose to admit that apart from scientific guidance, Boris is being assisted not only by his close associates but also the opposition and the three other countries of the UK.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 660
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Coronavirus

Post by trevormans » 23 Mar 2020, 20:06

We are reaping the harvest of the crop known as austerity

We will continue to reap this for another twenty years

Austerity has massively exacerbated the horrors of the virus
Nobody can surely deny this now
Even our pathetic pm and his boss mr cummings are now reversing austerity and acknowledging that it was not the right choice

But our NHS has had to suffer because of this rotten crop

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20365
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tonyp » 23 Mar 2020, 20:18

Gaz_Miller wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 17:35
The rest of us knew what would happen.
Come off it Gaz. Nobody could have known what would happen - including you.

The UK government, the US government, the Australian government and probably all Governments are doing the best they can to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It doesn't matter which political party is in government. And it definitely isn't the leader making the decisions on his own.

If they acted too slowly it's because they weren't given the best advice early enough.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29348
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 23 Mar 2020, 20:28

tonyp wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 20:18
Gaz_Miller wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 17:35
The rest of us knew what would happen.
Come off it Gaz. Nobody could have known what would happen - including you.

The UK government, the US government, the Australian government and probably all Governments are doing the best they can to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It doesn't matter which political party is in government. And it definitely isn't the leader making the decisions on his own.

If they acted too slowly it's because they weren't given the best advice early enough.
You’re far too sensible for these socialists, they think that brexit started corona virus, and that if we’d stayed in the union we wouldn’t have been so badly off.

Austerity was the right policy to overcome the failures of Brown and Blair. Now because of the circumstances it has to be reversed, but still no magic money tree advocated by Corbyn.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 660
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Coronavirus

Post by trevormans » 23 Mar 2020, 20:54

Each of your 3 sentences is not based on fact
There is no evidence that socislists generally believe the virus was caused by brexit
Austerity was the wrong policy in any event. Stimulate not suffocate the economy in times of difficulty. The deficit was caused mostly by the collapse worldwide of the banking system not blairbrown just as the current virus was not caused by the failures of the ten years of toryism. austerityhas made it worse for the NHS
The magic money tree was being lauded by the fat liar at the election way before the virus hit
This reversal of austeritypredated virus
Corbyn was incompetent as leader but he was kept from power
The last ten years have shown the incompetence of the tories in power

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 609
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 23 Mar 2020, 21:37

It's very difficult to debate anything with people who can't even read.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1925
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Coronavirus

Post by White G » 23 Mar 2020, 22:21

I think things have taken too long, but that's due to leadership putting business & personal gain before public health. As said, there have been various global templates to follow but we're looking like going in the direction of Italy more than China.

To get out of this mess, the Tories are turning to increased socialism which shows the advantages this system has. In times of need (such as war), everyone works together & supports each other (socialist values). In times when people don't depend on each other, people tend to think less of others and more of themselves.

The socialist NHS will be vital in forthcoming weeks/months and formerly socialist services such as railways may have to be bailed out as the weakness of the capitalist system show. Why should the Richard Bransons of this world milk the taxpayer for fortunes in the good times, then expect help when they fall on harder times? If they're crucial services then we need to learn that we as a country are getting the rough end of the stick in all scenarios.

China & Germany have more socialist values than us and have united as a country more quickly to stop this.

Countries such as the USA who are leaned more towards the Free Market economy tend to be more selfish when it comes to themselves, look at their attitudes to the environment, guns, poverty, healthcare, inequality etc.

I don't understand why socialism is a bad word to some when this school of thought will get us out this mess!

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29348
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 23 Mar 2020, 23:07

3 of the intelegensia picking on 1 simple old man. If All the nations of Europe have such great leaders, how come in a lot of them the figures are as bad or worse than ours. Like a good leader, Boris listens to his lieutenants, the experts in medicinal welfare, and not to scare mongers who just berate him at every twist and turn. He can not be held responsible for stupid people not taking notice of what is required. I have locked myself away in my little hacienda, following instructions aimed at me, and not coming into contact with others. It seems strange being away from my grandchildren for an extended period, but I’m sure they won’t miss the old fart.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1925
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Coronavirus

Post by White G » 23 Mar 2020, 23:46

bristleposh wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 23:07
3 of the intelegensia picking on 1 simple old man. If All the nations of Europe have such great leaders, how come in a lot of them the figures are as bad or worse than ours. Like a good leader, Boris listens to his lieutenants, the experts in medicinal welfare, and not to scare mongers who just berate him at every twist and turn. He can not be held responsible for stupid people not taking notice of what is required. I have locked myself away in my little hacienda, following instructions aimed at me, and not coming into contact with others. It seems strange being away from my grandchildren for an extended period, but I’m sure they won’t miss the old fart.
Nobody's picking on anyone. But Boris can be held responsible for the stupid people because he didn't act earlier. Time will tell, nobody knows the outcome yet but the pattern so far is the UK looking closer to Italy than China.

What decisions did countries who best deal with this make that we didn't? Why didn't we do the same as them? All questions that will be judged over time but it's silly for you say that the PM is unaccountable for this as he could've locked things down earlier & made bolder decisions.

Post Reply