Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Bluemike

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Bluemike » 21 Dec 2020, 20:06

I'm loathe to get involved in politics on what is, ostensibly, a football forum.
Nevertheless there are numerous posters who sit behind a keyboard and slag off, with 20/20 hindsight, the people who have to deal with this unprecedented pandemic.
So how about people come up with some names of individuals who they feel could deal with it better?

ashman

Post by ashman » 21 Dec 2020, 20:08

Bluemike wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 19:04
Just watched the 5pm brief and there was no mention of the vaccine being useless against this new strain.
So if you go back to your chemist tomorrow Ashman with a blister on your toe and that pharmacist suggests amputation, I'd suggest you seek a second opinion. Just my opinion obviously.
It wasn't even my opinion. I was just passing on what somebody (of some authority) had told me.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

White G

Post by White G » 21 Dec 2020, 21:06

Bluemike wrote:
Just watched the 5pm brief and there was no mention of the vaccine being useless against this new strain.
So if you go back to your chemist tomorrow Ashman with a blister on your toe and that pharmacist suggests amputation, I'd suggest you seek a second opinion. Just my opinion obviously.
This example in a nutshell shows the stupidity of people in this pandemic. So many people thinking they know so much but don't really have a clue. I'm talking generally, not just about Ashman's claims.

I blame the internet!

ashman

Post by ashman » 21 Dec 2020, 21:25

White G wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 21:06
Bluemike wrote:
This example in a nutshell shows the stupidity of people in this pandemic. So many people thinking they know so much but don't really have a clue. I'm talking generally, not just about Ashman's claims.

I blame the internet!
It wasn't a claim, it was simply an opinion voiced by a health professional. Do I believe it? Not any more than all the other nonsense that is being thrown out about the condition and the way forward with it! .... but you seem to think you know so much, but really you don't have a clue either!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 21 Dec 2020, 22:03

White G wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 21:06
Bluemike wrote:
if you go back to your chemist tomorrow with a blister on your toe and that pharmacist suggests amputation, I'd suggest you seek a second opinion.
This example in a nutshell shows the stupidity of people in this pandemic. So many people thinking they know so much but don't really have a clue.
I'm talking generally.
It seems more likely to me that you're talking about the pharmacist.

White G

Post by White G » 21 Dec 2020, 22:09

Ashman, I don't think I've ever pretended to be a medical expert. I give lots of criticism but it's more to do with the blundering administration than medical stuff I don't fully understand.

As I said, this is a good example of people talking nonsense. It's no surprise at all that there's different strains of Covid, this was predicted to happen, does a flu jab protect you from only one strain of flu?? I'm sure the scientists took this into consideration.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 21 Dec 2020, 22:18

White G wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 22:09
Ashman, I don't think I've ever pretended to be a medical expert. I give lots of criticism but it's more to do with the blundering administration than medical stuff I don't fully understand.

As I said, this is a good example of people talking nonsense. It's no surprise at all that there's different strains of Covid, this was predicted to happen, does a flu jab protect you from only one strain of flu?? I'm sure the scientists took this into consideration.
You’re gorgeous leader has had the same problems, has changed direction locking down, opening up etc. Yet you have said in the past how the sunshine’s from her rear orifice.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 22 Dec 2020, 00:43

Bluemike wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 20:06
I'm loathe to get involved in politics on what is, ostensibly, a football forum.
Nevertheless there are numerous posters who sit behind a keyboard and slag off, with 20/20 hindsight, the people who have to deal with this unprecedented pandemic.
So how about people come up with some names of individuals who they feel could deal with it better?
The "numerous posters who sit behind a keyboard and slag off," are not rushing in with answers are they?

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 Dec 2020, 05:50

tonyp wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 00:43
Bluemike wrote:
The "numerous posters who sit behind a keyboard and slag off," are not rushing in with answers are they?
Exactly. I'm afraid there is nothing us mere mortals can really do to come up with meaningful answers. We will just have to rely on the experts to do what they hopefully deem correct and proper. No doubt people will criticise heavily, and that is their right, but no amount of condemnation and accusations will alter how this all turns out.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Dec 2020, 10:04

Funny how we are greeted with silence when that question is posited.
they're a prat!

White G

Post by White G » 22 Dec 2020, 10:39

bristleposh wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 22:18
White G wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 22:09

You’re gorgeous leader has had the same problems, has changed direction locking down, opening up etc. Yet you have said in the past how the sunshine’s from her rear orifice.
Nicola Sturgeon has remained professional throughout & stood up every day in briefings to answer all questions. There's been none of the pathetic, political pointscoring which Johnson has tried & failed to use. It's unknown territory & both Sturgeon and Johnson have made mistakes. It's just that Johnson has made far more, shown a terrible attitude & has been the much weaker leader.

Sturgeon has nailed it in terms of her communication to the Scottish people, hence why the opinion polls have her rated far more highly than Johnson. Mind you, she's against someone who was shaking hands with people in a Covid ward & as a result could've killed himself & pregnant partner.

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 22 Dec 2020, 14:08

So Nicola's a possibility then. I'll text Barry so he can see if he she's available when the January transfer window opens. :D

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 Dec 2020, 14:13

Bluemike wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 14:08
So Nicola's a possibility then. I'll text Barry so he can see if he she's available when the January transfer window opens. :D
Nice one! :clap: :D

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 22 Dec 2020, 17:43

bristleposh wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 10:04
Question was answered much earlier in the thread when asked Bristle, maybe stop worshipping Boris for a second and re-read. 99% of people under 70 survive this deadly virus so they are the ones who need to keep the country and economy running to pay for the shielding and vaccine of the people who'll get it first.

Unless they don't have the mental or physical capacity to do so then everyone regardless of age should be responsible for their own health first and foremost and those who can't are the ones we need to do everything we can to protect both medically and financially. Maybe if ProjectFear didn't change their 'advice' every 2 minutes we might be able to do so.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Dec 2020, 18:24

HantsPosh wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 17:43
bristleposh wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 10:04
Question was answered much earlier in the thread when asked Bristle, maybe stop worshipping Boris for a second and re-read. 99% of people under 70 survive this deadly virus so they are the ones who need to keep the country and economy running to pay for the shielding and vaccine of the people who'll get it first.

Unless they don't have the mental or physical capacity to do so then everyone regardless of age should be responsible for their own health first and foremost and those who can't are the ones we need to do everything we can to protect both medically and financially. Maybe if ProjectFear didn't change their 'advice' every 2 minutes we might be able to do so.
The question was posted by another person, it hasn’t been answered and still hasn’t
Bluemike wrote:
they're a prat!