Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: Coronavirus

Post by HantsPosh » 21 Dec 2020, 12:11

ashman wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 17:56
HantsPosh wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 17:45
Never touched a drop of alcohol in my life bristle but maybe I should try then it might blot out the utter shambles Johnson & Hancock have made of this whilst you continually defend them just because they’re tories.
... but you only criticise them because the Government is Tory. It is the easiest thing in the world to sit back, wait for any perceived aberration and then pounce upon it. Anybody would think that the donkey farmer and his cronies in the Labour party would have done any better! Nobody has had any dealings with an attack on the health of our nation like the one that Covid19 has produced, and any body of people would have made mistakes along the way.
Not true Ashman, as I've posted previously I have voted Tory all my life and did so last December as well and have also said Starmer is a gutless clown who's only solution is to lock everyone up for eternity. And BoJo's scraremongering on Saturday has backfired massively with the rest of the world ostracizing us as a result of his ProjectFear panic, well done that man

HantsPosh

Coronavirus

Post by HantsPosh » 21 Dec 2020, 12:15

bristleposh wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 18:04
Bluemike wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 17:58
bristleposh wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 17:43
Or the fact that the new strain isn’t prevalent north of the border
Give it time brizzle. I'm sure there'll be hundreds of southerners all heading north up the M11 and A1 on Xmas Day with a present for those of us up north, plus a shedload heading your way on the M4 bearing a gift
I have no doubt they will, stupid people who don’t think the rules are aimed at them
Will you EVER criticize this tory government over their handling of this ever or do you just blindly follow and do what they tell you to do and when? Also, what do you when several of them tell you to do different things at the same, that must be very confusing

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 21 Dec 2020, 12:25

Bojo, who you voted for, safe in the knowledge that your vote helped to continue his premiership.

Well done, Hants

bristleposh

Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 21 Dec 2020, 12:38

HantsPosh wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 12:15

Will you EVER criticize this tory government over their handling of this ever or do you just blindly follow and do what they tell you to do and when? Also, what do you when several of them tell you to do different things at the same, that must be very confusing
I see no need to follow Government advice, apart from, Keep safe, I wash my hands often, I wear a mask in shops, I like a drink but haven't had one in a pub since August. I get more confused just listening to what they have to say on message boards when loonies come on saying they don't like what their democratically elected leaders are telling them to do. Covid denyers are almost as bad as those who don't accept Brexit and accuse everybody who voted for it of being racists. If you don't like the rules go out and kill yourself, it's a simple solution, just don't go out and kill others, who prefer to behave in a sensible way.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

ashman

Post by ashman » 21 Dec 2020, 13:12

HantsPosh wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 12:11
ashman wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 17:56
HantsPosh wrote:
Never touched a drop of alcohol in my life bristle but maybe I should try then it might blot out the utter shambles Johnson & Hancock have made of this whilst you continually defend them just because they’re tories.
... but you only criticise them because the Government is Tory. It is the easiest thing in the world to sit back, wait for any perceived aberration and then pounce upon it. Anybody would think that the donkey farmer and his cronies in the Labour party would have done any better! Nobody has had any dealings with an attack on the health of our nation like the one that Covid19 has produced, and any body of people would have made mistakes along the way.
Not true Ashman, as I've posted previously I have voted Tory all my life and did so last December as well and have also said Starmer is a gutless clown who's only solution is to lock everyone up for eternity. And BoJo's scraremongering on Saturday has backfired massively with the rest of the world ostracizing us as a result of his ProjectFear panic, well done that man
Wow! HantsPosh seems to be becoming the saviour of the human race, not willing to commit himself to anyone, but cheerfully ploughing his own purposeful furrow.
Vote for HantsPosh for PM! He has the answer to all the ills of the world. You know it makes sense! :D :clap2:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Coronavirus

Post by ashman » 21 Dec 2020, 13:34

bristleposh wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 12:38
HantsPosh wrote:

I see no need to follow Government advice, apart from, Keep safe, I wash my hands often, I wear a mask in shops, I like a drink but haven't had one in a pub since August. I get more confused just listening to what they have to say on message boards when loonies come on saying they don't like what their democratically elected leaders are telling them to do. Covid denyers are almost as bad as those who don't accept Brexit and accuse everybody who voted for it of being racists. If you don't like the rules go out and kill yourself, it's a simple solution, just don't go out and kill others, who prefer to behave in a sensible way.
A sensible post, at last!

White G

Post by White G » 21 Dec 2020, 14:02

Bojo scoffed at Starmer last week for suggesting a festive lockdown is unavoidable, making out that Starmer was trying to ruin everyone's Christmas.

Now Johnson has eaten humble pie after being forced to take on Starmer's advice. Funnily enough no mention from Bristle!

ashman

Post by ashman » 21 Dec 2020, 14:30

Some people just can't see that this epidemic is forever changing and no matter what Government or opposition declare, they are almost always going to be proved wrong in the foreseeable future. I've just come from my local pharmacy and the dispensing chemist told me that the existing covid injections are no good against this new strain of the disease. We will have to wait until another vaccine has been developed.

stumpy

Coronavirus

Post by stumpy » 21 Dec 2020, 14:51

HantsPosh wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 18:04
Bluemike wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 17:58

Give it time brizzle. I'm sure there'll be hundreds of southerners all heading north up the M11 and A1 on Xmas Day with a present for those of us up north, plus a shedload heading your way on the M4 bearing a gift
I have no doubt they will, stupid people who don’t think the rules are aimed at them
I am with you 100% on the criticism of the Government Hants...Boris just wants to be popular and is an awful leader. A lot of money circulating around friends of the Tories as well. However, this virus is deadly and people need to take responsibility for their own actions - difficult when the government advice changes by the day. If the Tories do any more U-turns, they'll drill a hole to Australia and open up a new trade route....and yes, whilst we are at it, people don't behave rationally as evidenced by the Brexit vote, stockpiling toilet paper and crowded shopping centers in the midst of a pandemic - it's all related.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 21 Dec 2020, 14:53

HantsPosh wrote:
Horrible selfish people are the Eton educated Tories...they don't give a toss about the people who vote for them

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 21 Dec 2020, 15:41

ashman wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 13:34
bristleposh wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 12:38
HantsPosh wrote:

A sensible post, at last!
a sensible post is telling some to go out & kill themselves???? Yeah OK

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 21 Dec 2020, 15:43

ashman wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 14:30
Some people just can't see that this epidemic is forever changing and no matter what Government or opposition declare, they are almost always going to be proved wrong in the foreseeable future. I've just come from my local pharmacy and the dispensing chemist told me that the existing covid injections are no good against this new strain of the disease. We will have to wait until another vaccine has been developed.
Sorry what were you saying about sensible posts? Think we can safely file this one under the other category don't you

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 21 Dec 2020, 17:23

HantsPosh wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 15:41

a sensible post is telling some to go out & kill themselves???? Yeah OK
That is what you are trying to do, I was just recommending you do it and not risk killing others with your reckless attitude
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 21 Dec 2020, 19:04

Just watched the 5pm brief and there was no mention of the vaccine being useless against this new strain.
So if you go back to your chemist tomorrow Ashman with a blister on your toe and that pharmacist suggests amputation, I'd suggest you seek a second opinion. Just my opinion obviously.

White G

Post by White G » 21 Dec 2020, 19:23

ashman wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 14:30
Some people just can't see that this epidemic is forever changing and no matter what Government or opposition declare, they are almost always going to be proved wrong in the foreseeable future.
This is exactly why Boris shouldn't be behaving in such an appalling manner. Nothing to do with party politics, it's just sheer disrespect. After this, he embarrasses himself and is forced to back down. It's shocking that someone at this time acts so stupidly, never mind the Prime Minister!