Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tonyp » 20 Apr 2020, 09:46

Queensland records no new cases of coronavirus
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... IWwR6hi0ug

I hope no-one will mind me being pleased that the restrictions here seem to be working.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Apr 2020, 16:51

E74FAC17-029D-48EB-AA73-A7FE73EC4D94.jpeg
E74FAC17-029D-48EB-AA73-A7FE73EC4D94.jpeg (53.88 KiB) Viewed 566 times
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Apr 2020, 09:14

Please confine your political opinions to the appropriate thread, so interested posters can choose which thread to read! Useful information can still go on the Coronavirus thread!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

White G

Post by White G » 05 May 2020, 18:42

I say this in a non-political manner but we're now the worst in Europe statistically & I don't know if that even includes the care home figures. Frightening stuff when you think how we looked at Italy not too long ago.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 05 May 2020, 21:15

What is really frightening stuff is that according to WHO there are 3,517,345 reported cases of covid-19 worldwide. 243,401 deaths. No country wants to be the leader. These figures are increasing every day.
Travel restrictions should stay in place until they stop increasing.
Social distancing should definitely be continued for a long time yet.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 05 May 2020, 21:31

Social isolation cannot continue in its present form for much longer. Social distancing may have helped but there is a limit to its practicality.
Many persons are finding the restrictions ever more difficult while if they are not allowed to reopen for business, many will simply not survive.
School children cannot stay away from school indefinitely and some of the proposals seem unworkable to me. Having some children in one week and others the next week is not satisfactory to my mind.
The simple fact is that what will be will be. At some point the economy will collapse completely. Many office, shops & places of work are unsuitable for social distancing and cannot be adapted to current requirements. Yes, there might be a second or third wave but that risk will have to be taken.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 May 2020, 23:07

White G wrote:
05 May 2020, 18:42
I say this in a non-political manner but we're now the worst in Europe statistically & I don't know if that even includes the care home figures. Frightening stuff when you think how we looked at Italy not too long ago.
There were mistakes made by this Government, by following scientific advice they have gone astray. In my opinion, one of the major reasons we have tragically lost so many souls is how compact the population is. London is where most have died. We have a greater population overall than Italy, pro-rata I think we are probably still behind them.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 06 May 2020, 09:46

PoshCynic wrote:
05 May 2020, 21:31
Social distancing may have helped but there is a limit to its practicality.
Social distancing is the most important way of stopping the spread of this virus.
It has definitely helped.

You will have to get used to it. You might be allowed to go to a restaurant but social distancing will apply, in my opinion.

And so it should, in my opinion.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 06 May 2020, 11:52

The stay at home rule plus most of the other rules should have been LAW with heavy fines imposed. No good "advising people" it should be laid down clear and concise. As I posted on day one. It would have saved hundreds of lives.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 06 May 2020, 12:28

Brianposh wrote:
06 May 2020, 11:52
The stay at home rule plus most of the other rules should have been LAW with heavy fines imposed. No good "advising people" it should be laid down clear and concise. As I posted on day one. It would have saved hundreds of lives.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing ..... unless your name is Brian, who has foresight, of course! :D :D :clap2:

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 06 May 2020, 14:57

ashman wrote:
06 May 2020, 12:28
Brianposh wrote:
06 May 2020, 11:52
Hindsight is a wonderful thing ..... unless your name is Brian, who has foresight, of course! :D :D :clap2:
More than I originally thought Ash. Today SAGE disclosed that they had recommended Laws to be laid down and enforced with fines in mid-March time. The Government declined the suggestion and used words like 'we advise' or 'we recommend', not strong enough IMO.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 06 May 2020, 19:39

tonyp wrote:
06 May 2020, 09:46
PoshCynic wrote:
05 May 2020, 21:31
Social distancing may have helped but there is a limit to its practicality.
Social distancing is the most important way of stopping the spread of this virus.
It has definitely helped.

You will have to get used to it. You might be allowed to go to a restaurant but social distancing will apply, in my opinion.

And so it should, in my opinion.
Many restaurants and small shops will not reopen if social distancing is not relaxed. What about hairdressers, dentists and opticians also.
I fully agree that it has helped but it cannot continue for ever in my opinion.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 07 May 2020, 09:12

trevormans wrote:
07 May 2020, 08:31
Everybody should be being tested and we should be told the truth about what is happening

Not least about the numbers
I'm only guessing that testing is being carried out as much as possible. It certainly is in Australia but we have a much smaller population to consider.

I would also guess that if numbers are being rigged then somebody would soon let us all know.

daib0

Post by daib0 » 07 May 2020, 12:05

Well that does it .... not inviting you lot across this summer!
:D :D :D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/b ... n=sharebar
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 May 2020, 11:08

White G wrote:
11 May 2020, 09:35
The "Politics of the Corona Virus" thread has been locked but judging by Ashman's comment, I don't think he realises this!
Apologies. 'The Politics of the Corona Virus' now unlocked again. Please confine your comments about the virus itself to this thread and political comments in the 'Politics of the Corona Virus' thread. Personal comments will be deleted.