Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh » 23 Mar 2020, 23:57

White G wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 23:46
bristleposh wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 23:07
3 of the intelegensia picking on 1 simple old man. If All the nations of Europe have such great leaders, how come in a lot of them the figures are as bad or worse than ours. Like a good leader, Boris listens to his lieutenants, the experts in medicinal welfare, and not to scare mongers who just berate him at every twist and turn. He can not be held responsible for stupid people not taking notice of what is required. I have locked myself away in my little hacienda, following instructions aimed at me, and not coming into contact with others. It seems strange being away from my grandchildren for an extended period, but I’m sure they won’t miss the old fart.
Nobody's picking on anyone. But Boris can be held responsible for the stupid people because he didn't act earlier. Time will tell, nobody knows the outcome yet but the pattern so far is the UK looking closer to Italy than China.

What decisions did countries who best deal with this make that we didn't? Why didn't we do the same as them? All questions that will be judged over time but it's silly for you say that the PM is unaccountable for this as he could've locked things down earlier & made bolder decisions.
So just go against what the experts are telling him
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Mar 2020, 01:23

White G wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 23:46
What decisions did countries who best deal with this make that we didn't? Why didn't we do the same as them? All questions that will be judged over time but it's silly for you say that the PM is unaccountable for this as he could've locked things down earlier & made bolder decisions.
.... and if he had done that he would have been accused of being a tyrant, forcing his will on the people. He did what any like minded person would have done and that was listen to the science people and not those people posting on social media sites and now accusing him of being incompetent.
Nobody knows for an absolute certainty which is/was the correct course of action to have taken to deal with this terrible virus. All we can do is listen to the advice now being given out, pray that we all remain safe and preferably cease this blame attitude towards each other!
Good luck and good health to everyone.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

daib0

Post by daib0 » 24 Mar 2020, 03:37

I've been begging everyone on several forums to take it seriously for some time now, from seeing it balloon in Spain. People just didn't want to see it come. Now it's simply too late, it's passing around tens of thousands of you....
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Mar 2020, 08:18

Is Rebecca Long-Bailey really living on the same planet as normal people. Trying to make Political capital out of this tragedy is making me even more convinced I will never support her or her party. She should stand squarely behind our leader and support him and not criticise at every chance.

As for Mike Ashley the man is a complete knob anyway.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Mar 2020, 10:20

daib0 wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 03:37
I've been begging everyone on several forums to take it seriously for some time now, from seeing it balloon in Spain. People just didn't want to see it come. Now it's simply too late, it's passing around tens of thousands of you....
Spot on. Unfortunately.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 24 Mar 2020, 11:12

Poshay wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 08:39
We've been isolating ourselves for some time now BUT we have been going down to the equestrian centre twice a day to look after Her Indoors' horse. We steer well clear of everybody there and spray germ killer on items of common equipment that we have to touch such as taps and gate latches. What we will do when the diesel runs out mid April? Maybe have her shot, the horse not the Missus....or on second thoughts......
Under the new rules only outing per day permitted. So, I did the horse this morning (that's when all the hard work is done) and her Indoors will bring her in late afternoon. That's me incarcerated for the rest of the day.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 24 Mar 2020, 11:16

A leader should show leadership
He should not contradict himself nor should he be ambiguous nor should he be making pathetic and offensive jokes about last gasps with ventilators

And shouting "police???" In a news conference As if it were beyond anybody's thoughts, only to bring the police in next day shows neither leadership nor competence

I am no fan of long bailey but the oppositions job is not to blindly follow (especially when it is unclear and ambiguous) but rather to call the executive to account whilst being broadly supportive of a clear and transparent policy

If you do not get that then you do not get what democracy is about

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Mar 2020, 11:27

trevormans wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 11:16
He should not contradict himself nor should he be ambiguous.
So, every leader in the World is failing in his duty as a leader?
It is just possible that they are all receiving similar contradictory and ambiguous advice?
We all need to support our leaders and follow their advice.
Most of us couldn't do any better.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 24 Mar 2020, 11:51

trevormans wrote:
He should not contradict himself nor should he be ambiguous nor should he be making pathetic and offensive jokes about last gasps with ventilators

And shouting "police???" In a news conference As if it were beyond anybody's thoughts, only to bring the police in next day shows neither leadership nor competence

I am no fan of long bailey but the oppositions job is not to blindly follow (especially when it is unclear and ambiguous) but rather to call the executive to account whilst being broadly supportive of a clear and transparent policy

If you do not get that then you do not get what democracy is about
Spot on. I'm amazed more hasn't been made of him shouting out 'Police?' to the reporter on Sunday night, only to say police will enforce the new rules 24 hours later.

He's contradicting himself on a daily basis.

The tube trains are packed again today because the government STILL haven't addressed the self-employed and zero hours contractors. Did they think these people would stay at home & starve to death?

I absolutely detest Piers Morgan, but the grilling he gave Hancock yesterday was spot on. We've known this virus was coming since 31st December, yet it's taken until March to start thinking about ventilators, masks & other protective gear. What were they doing for 10 weeks?
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Mar 2020, 16:08

My goodness, why on earth couldn’t this country have been sensible and voted in Gaz, Trevor, and Whitey, who know exactly what should’ve been done. Oh I know why, they couldn’t be assed to put themselves forward to be accountable, just so they could rely on others and then criticise them.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 24 Mar 2020, 17:51

Just watching today’s news conference and the first two questions have been totally avoided.

People STILL don’t know what to do.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Mar 2020, 18:02

Gaz_Miller wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 17:51
Just watching today’s news conference and the first two questions have been totally avoided.

People STILL don’t know what to do.
As I said in my previous post they should have asked you three you have all the answers

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 24 Mar 2020, 18:14

bristleposh wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 16:08
My goodness, why on earth couldn’t this country have been sensible and voted in Gaz, Trevor, and Whitey, who know exactly what should’ve been done. Oh I know why, they couldn’t be assed to put themselves forward to be accountable, just so they could rely on others and then criticise them.
This is typical of johnson talk

If you cant answer the question then use bluster lies slogans or diversion

I have never pretended to know what should have been done

Other than to expect politicians to be honest transparent, consistent and to answer questions rather than to talk in slogans

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 24 Mar 2020, 20:33

tonyp wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 11:27
trevormans wrote:
He should not contradict himself nor should he be ambiguous.

We all need to support our leaders and follow their advice.
Most of us couldn't do any better.
No no no!

one should only support the leader if you can trust him/ her

I did not support the poll tax, nor the Iraq war,Osborne's austerity, or May's stupid red lines, and practically nothing the blobby liar says or does. Certainly not Suez nor appeasement in the 30s. And certainly not withholding protection from nurses .
I did support the bail out of the banks and Thatcher introducing the single market and many other policies from both parties
When your leaders are wrong you tell them they are wrong

Democracy is about being able to hold your leaders to account. It is not just a vote every 5 years and then giving them carte blanche

White G

Post by White G » 24 Mar 2020, 20:40

Well said Trev, blindly following your leader without question is very dangerous. The attitude that things could be worse is also dangerous as it let's the leaders walk over us. I get it, but asking if things can be better is definitely more progressive. Thought is important, and I always try to think about things regardless who the leader in question is!