Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tonyp » 24 Mar 2020, 22:28

We all think about things.
Some of us accept that there are experts in their field who are advising our governments on what is the best approach.
The governments are accepting advice and making decisions. Some will be good decisions, some will turn out to be the wrong decisions.
But all governments and their leaders are making the decisions that they believe will reduce the impact of coronavirus. Reduce the number of people who will die.
If they are successful in that I don't mind if they upset a few people on the way.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 25 Mar 2020, 12:39

Johnson coming under increasing criticism for his handling of the crisis, from both home & abroad. New York Times saying he is more dangerous than Coronovirus itself.

And what now? He's closing parliament early for Easter therefore avoiding further questioning.

He's simply not fit to govern. We need him to step aside & let somebody else deal with it before it becomes a total disaster.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 25 Mar 2020, 16:14

Gaz_Miller wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 12:39
Johnson coming under increasing criticism for his handling of the crisis, from both home & abroad. New York Times saying he is more dangerous than Coronovirus itself.

And what now? He's closing parliament early for Easter therefore avoiding further questioning.

He's simply not fit to govern. We need him to step aside & let somebody else deal with it before it becomes a total disaster.
Even Jeremy Corbyn has not questioned the logic of closing Parliament a little earlier. It will certainly not stop Boris being subjected to questioning about Covid-19.As for the New York Times, it needs to look closer to home and a President who thinks everything will be resolved by Easter.

Your contempt for the conservative party blinds you to logical thought at times. Do you honestly think that Boris is making his decisions without the backing of medical & scientific advisers and members of his cabinet?

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 25 Mar 2020, 17:29

A Poll taken last week showed Boris has increased his vote by 8-9% in this last 2 weeks. I GUESS HE 'AINT DOING MUCH WRONG. Keep going Boris and ignore the ignorant few.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

daib0

Post by daib0 » 25 Mar 2020, 17:48

disease expert Didier Raoult might be on to a unassailable Nobel Prize if his claims are true and work out:
https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/23/cli ... rus-treatm

He's no charlatan, got an amazing track record:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Raoult
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 25 Mar 2020, 18:30

Brianposh wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 11:44
Gaz_Miller wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 09:28
Well, I'm back in work. Boss is adamant that nobody will work from home until it's government policy. With the liar running our country, that could be too late.

Looks like Brian did make up his story after all. I still await his apology.
No apology needed. I cannot personally legislate for your lack of awareness, and :roll: being unable to read or listen to the advice as given out.
Did you miss it?...………………….You replied 'thanks'.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 25 Mar 2020, 20:40

Gaz_Miller wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 18:22
Brianposh wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 17:29
A Poll taken last week showed Boris has increased his vote by 8-9% in this last 2 weeks. I GUESS HE 'AINT DOING MUCH WRONG. Keep going Boris and ignore the ignorant few.
The country is full of thick people. Brexit proved that & people ignoring coronavirus are proving that.

I listen to experts, not Daily Mail readers.
Mr Miller, I do not intend to waste any more time arguing with somebody who is so blinkered by a loathing of the conservative party and Boris Johnson.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 25 Mar 2020, 21:14

All governments and their leaders are making the decisions that they believe will reduce the impact of coronavirus. Reduce the number of people who will die.
We're all in this together.
The best thing we can do is support each other and support our governments' decisions by following advice.

White G

Post by White G » 26 Mar 2020, 22:23

Just as well the Tories' plan to privatise the NHS hasn't fully come into action yet.

It's also nice to see that the very people the Tories' disregard as "unskilled" workers, are now showing their value whilst the toffs are often useless in terms of their ability to make a contribution.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Mar 2020, 22:48

White G wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 22:23
Just as well the Tories' plan to privatise the NHS hasn't fully come into action yet.

It's also nice to see that the very people the Tories' disregard as "unskilled" workers, are now showing their value whilst the toffs are often useless in terms of their ability to make a contribution.
Do behave, you are normally boring, you are now becoming totally unreasonable. You are obsessed like all unreasonable people of the left.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 27 Mar 2020, 08:19

White G wrote:

So true.

And another major blunder is coming out that we missed the EU deadline to get more ventilators.

Good job we’re leaving eh?
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 27 Mar 2020, 09:08

Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 08:19
another major blunder is coming out that we missed the EU deadline to get more ventilators.

You really do seem happy to see your government making mistakes.
Is there any possible chance that you would like to see the spread of this coronavirus stoped or at least slowed down.
We really are all in this together - including you.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 27 Mar 2020, 09:21

Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 08:19
White G wrote:

So true.

And another major blunder is coming out that we missed the EU deadline to get more ventilators.

We HAVE left thank goodness. The very best thing to happen to this Country in my lifetime.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 27 Mar 2020, 09:35

It is because (as the latest slogan says) we are all in this together that people want to see full transparency about what is happening and what is being done
The problem is that the government do not wish to be under scrutiny
They have continually quoted figures And dates (eg number of ventilators number of nurses doctors, availability of ppes and face masks etc) which they know to be wrong or inadequate
I broadly support the principles of which sunak has proposed

But it would be useful if he would also acknowledge that the nhs is under threat because of tory policies of the last ten years, and that just maybe the implementation of universal credit has been disastrous for so many vulnerable people

I do not despise the tories

However I do despise policies which take such little account of the needs of so many who are least able to protect themselves and which so often benefit the donation paying allies of the government

Yes we are all in it together but I do not feel that this mindset will last much beyond the immediate crisis

We need more scrutiny and far fewer slogans

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 27 Mar 2020, 10:10

trevormans wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 09:35
Yes we are all in it together but I do not feel that this mindset will last much beyond the immediate crisis

We need more scrutiny and far fewer slogans
I have to admit that I didn't realise that the "We're all in it together" slogan was worldwide.

"The problem is that the government do not wish to be under scrutiny" That is definitely worldwide.

"But it would be useful if he would also acknowledge that the nhs is under threat because of tory policies of the last ten years"
Even if that is true, what difference would it make now?

The governments of the world have to concentrate on reducing the spread of this coronavirus. That is all that matters now - in my opinion.