Brexit strikes

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by ashman » 19 Apr 2020, 13:12

White G wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 10:54
I'd definitely say that the Covid-19 pandemic has shown how the world needs each other and has to work together. Being insular has cost us lives & certain problems have been highlighted in our post-EU infrastructure.

This problem was unforseen of course but it's times like this where the importance of strength in togetherness become apparent.
Good post. Great to read a post that is upbeat and free from any of the 'blame' culture that some people seem to revel in!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 19 Apr 2020, 13:27

White G wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 10:54
I'd definitely say that the Covid-19 pandemic has shown how the world needs each other and has to work together. Being insular has cost us lives & certain problems have been highlighted in our post-EU infrastructure.

This problem was unforseen of course but it's times like this where the importance of strength in togetherness become apparent.
Are Italy and Spain still in the EU?
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 19 Apr 2020, 21:26

bristleposh wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 15:57
Just been to our local supermarket, not a single empty shelf, I was gutted I may have to go to B&Q to get the shelves.
That was bristle's joke which started this thread.
There are still empty shelves at supermarkets all over the world.

bristle now asks "Are Italy and Spain still in the EU?"

I don't think that brexit has made any difference to the spread of coronavirus.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 20 Apr 2020, 10:15

Did anybody see Countryfile last night on TV?

Said we need 70,000 people to pick crops in this country now the Eastern Europeans can't get over (because of lack of skills/points on the new system).

So far we have the grand total of 114 put their names forward.

Farmers saying up to 80% of crops won't get picked & food prices will go through the roof.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 20 Apr 2020, 14:32

Gaz_Miller wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 10:15
Did anybody see Countryfile last night on TV?

Said we need 70,000 people to pick crops in this country now the Eastern Europeans can't get over (because of lack of skills/points on the new system).

So far we have the grand total of 114 put their names forward.

Farmers saying up to 80% of crops won't get picked & food prices will go through the roof.
Many foreign workers cannot come to the UK due to Covid-19 travel restrictions - or are reluctant to come for fear of that virus. Brexit not really a factor for this year while we are in the transition stage as we are at present.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 20 Apr 2020, 15:00

PoshCynic wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 14:32
Many foreign workers cannot come to the UK due to Covid-19 travel restrictions - or are reluctant to come for fear of that virus. Brexit not really a factor for this year while we are in the transition stage as we are at present.
Hang on, I'll get you some more sand to bury your head in...
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

White G

Post by White G » 22 Apr 2020, 21:42

bristleposh wrote:
22 Apr 2020, 14:31
You just did, or did you not watch last nights corona virus briefing in which he explained it in detail. Detail being something the left seem to forget when they’re having their little rants. You’d be at home on dot net at the moment, a vote to see who is/was the most awful person on the planet, forget serial killers, paedophiles, the final will be between Hitler and Katie Hopkins.
Surely even you're not that gullible to believe the staged, pre-scripted answers as gospel Bristle? It's frankly scary if you're that easily convinced.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Apr 2020, 21:48

White G wrote:
22 Apr 2020, 21:42
bristleposh wrote:
22 Apr 2020, 14:31
You just did, or did you not watch last nights corona virus briefing in which he explained it in detail. Detail being something the left seem to forget when they’re having their little rants. You’d be at home on dot net at the moment, a vote to see who is/was the most awful person on the planet, forget serial killers, paedophiles, the final will be between Hitler and Katie Hopkins.
Surely even you're not that gullible to believe the staged, pre-scripted answers as gospel Bristle? It's frankly scary if you're that easily convinced.
Yes I'm that gullible
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid