Brexit strikes

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29599
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2020, 11:54

There’s nothing to ignore you are not stating facts you’re believing the nonsense published by left wing journalists. It’s not your fault I blame the system for giving lesser mortals the right of opinion. It’s a free country I am entitled to my opinion the fact that it doesn’t agree with yours does not make you right.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1975
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by White G » 14 Apr 2020, 12:00

bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 11:54
There’s nothing to ignore you are not stating facts you’re believing the nonsense published by left wing journalists. It’s not your fault I blame the system for giving lesser mortals the right of opinion. It’s a free country I am entitled to my opinion the fact that it doesn’t agree with yours does not make you right.
Fair enough Bristle. I think explaining your thoughts rather been overly dismissive of other viewpoints may put your opinions in a better light. Most other people here explain reasons for their conclusions, it defo helps any debate.

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by Gaz_Miller » 14 Apr 2020, 12:05

bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 11:54
There’s nothing to ignore you are not stating facts you’re believing the nonsense published by left wing journalists. It’s not your fault I blame the system for giving lesser mortals the right of opinion. It’s a free country I am entitled to my opinion the fact that it doesn’t agree with yours does not make you right.
Okay, then you tell me what the demographic was of voters who opted for Leave.

This needs to be based on a poll or survey though, not just your thoughts. I got mine from Googling why people voted Leave or Remain & all are consistent that over 70% voted leave on immigration.

Now's your chance. Prove them wrong.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29599
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2020, 14:01

Roughly 50% voted in favour Of sovereignty
33% voted in favour because of immigration, so that we'd have control of our own borders, so that only people with the right skills would still be able to come in.
When you consider how many gangs have come here from Romania etc, trafficking sex workers, and smuggling in illegals.
There is a big difference between racism and not wanting the criminal underbelly of not only the EU but the Middle East and places like Albania.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by Gaz_Miller » 14 Apr 2020, 14:40

bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:01
Roughly 50% voted in favour Of sovereignty
33% voted in favour because of immigration, so that we'd have control of our own borders, so that only people with the right skills would still be able to come in.
When you consider how many gangs have come here from Romania etc, trafficking sex workers, and smuggling in illegals.
There is a big difference between racism and not wanting the criminal underbelly of not only the EU but the Middle East and places like Albania.
Where did you get those percentages from?

By the way, how many 'gangs' operate here who are British born - do you have a comparison between those & Eastern Europeans?

And only wanting those with the right skills? Hospital porters, fruit pickers & hundred's of other low paid jobs require no skills whatsoever. Who's going to do that now you've sent Johnny Foreigner home? And don't say the Brits, because the Brit's won't do it.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29599
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2020, 14:58

Gaz_Miller wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:40
Where did you get those percentages from?

By the way, how many 'gangs' operate here who are British born - do you have a comparison between those & Eastern Europeans?

And only wanting those with the right skills? Hospital porters, fruit pickers & hundred's of other low paid jobs require no skills whatsoever. Who's going to do that now you've sent Johnny Foreigner home? And don't say the Brits, because the Brit's won't do it.
I got them from Wiki, despite the bad press they get, for the most part they are pretty accurate, most people who voted to leave are not racist, as much as you'd like to dress it up. Happy to see those that are prepared to work to come me here as are the majority of those that voted to leave. It had very little to do with not wanting JF here, that was the lies put around by those remainers who just won't respect the result of a straightforward referendum
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by trevormans » 14 Apr 2020, 16:15

I agree that not everybody who voted leave are racists


But (almost) all racists who voted did indeed vote for leave

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29599
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2020, 16:44

trevormans wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 16:15
I agree that not everybody who voted leave are racists


But (almost) all racists who voted did indeed vote for leave
That’s a different story, lots of assumptions.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by trevormans » 14 Apr 2020, 17:26

bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 10:17
trevormans wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 08:00
bristleposh wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 21:38


I said England rather than UK because that's where most deaths are.
I do not understand your point

Does this show that more people have died in germany or Netherlands or Belgium or sweden

For a start, Germany have had 3.5 thousand deaths, as their population is dispersed more widely than England by roughly four to one, given the same population density you would expect them to have had roughly 14,000 deaths far worse than England.

Sweden on the face of it with a mere 919 deaths but with a population density of roughly a 20th of ours, one would expect them to have north of 20,000 deaths.

so I think it's quite unreasonable to compare unlike countries

[/quote]

This really is a false analysis

In almost all the northern European countries between 83 and 88% of people live in urban areas


More than 80% of sweden for example is uninhabitable

Some 50% of the German population lives in the area of the ruhr valley and the area to the south say towards Stuttgart mannheim etc

Density matters in areas where there are lots of people

Not just the physical space

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29599
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2020, 17:40

Gaz_Miller wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:40


By the way, how many 'gangs' operate here who are British born - do you have a comparison between those & Eastern Europeans?
all I can say is too many, we have agreed in previous threads that there are lots of scum polluting the atmosphere who were born here, we don’t need extra from foreign shores.

Gaz_Miller wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:40

And only wanting those with the right skills? Hospital porters, fruit pickers & hundred's of other low paid jobs require no skills whatsoever. Who's going to do that now you've sent Johnny Foreigner home? And don't say the Brits, because the Brit's won't do it.
The skills you speak of, ie none, is not a problem if they come here and work they should be encouraged, but, as things stand there is going to be a swathe of unemployed in this country that will need to be employed somewhere. I recall being made redundant on a couple of occasions and was not allowed to sign for unemployment until I’d tried to get a job. The two million plus who are likely to be unemployed will have to bite the bullet. They can’t just sit on their hands and sponge off the country.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29599
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2020, 17:46

trevormans wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 17:26
bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 10:17
trevormans wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 08:00

I do not understand your point

Does this show that more people have died in germany or Netherlands or Belgium or sweden

For a start, Germany have had 3.5 thousand deaths, as their population is dispersed more widely than England by roughly four to one, given the same population density you would expect them to have had roughly 14,000 deaths far worse than England.

Sweden on the face of it with a mere 919 deaths but with a population density of roughly a 20th of ours, one would expect them to have north of 20,000 deaths.

so I think it's quite unreasonable to compare unlike countries



This really is a false analysis

In almost all the northern European countries between 83 and 88% of people live in urban areas


More than 80% of sweden for example is uninhabitable

Some 50% of the German population lives in the area of the ruhr valley and the area to the south say towards Stuttgart mannheim etc

Density matters in areas where there are lots of people

Not just the physical space
I agree with you, however it shows that figures can be skewed to show one thing instead of another, on today’s briefing we are learning that the French record deaths differently from us. Some people have stated that the figures from care homes should be included, they are but not straightaway because the data doesn’t come through quickly enough.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by trevormans » 14 Apr 2020, 21:20

When I see a phrase like
" we dont want extra from foreign shores"

Then I am immediately reminded of a chap called Alexander johnson who has not only arrived here from foreign shores he has
Taken all the benefits of the english systen
I believe he was born in one of our former colonies and then arrived here taking advantage first of our education system

And not only has this alexander taken up a number of jobs which english born yeomans could have done, he has been so dishonest that he has been sacked on several occasions for dishonesty
His only qualification for this immoral charlatan is that he has a second class degree in some obscure dead languages

And then recently he has taken up spaces in one of our best hospitals thus depriving more deserving english born people of a special treatment

He has now recovered and is living Scot free in a second home in the country funded by the english tax payers. Yet still he refuses to go back whence he came

We really dont want these extras from foreign shores who make no positive contribution to this country

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29599
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2020, 22:20

trevormans wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 21:20
When I see a phrase like
" we dont want extra from foreign shores"

Then I am immediately reminded of a chap called Alexander johnson who has not only arrived here from foreign shores he has
Taken all the benefits of the english systen
I believe he was born in one of our former colonies and then arrived here taking advantage first of our education system

And not only has this alexander taken up a number of jobs which english born yeomans could have done, he has been so dishonest that he has been sacked on several occasions for dishonesty
His only qualification for this immoral charlatan is that he has a second class degree in some obscure dead languages

And then recently he has taken up spaces in one of our best hospitals thus depriving more deserving english born people of a special treatment

He has now recovered and is living Scot free in a second home in the country funded by the english tax payers. Yet still he refuses to go back whence he came

We really dont want these extras from foreign shores who make no positive contribution to this country
Quiet good that you manage to revert to your number one bête noire at every opportunity.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by trevormans » 14 Apr 2020, 22:32

Its you and not me who doesn't want extra from foreign shores

I'm merely pointing out that perhaps you think some immigrants are worthwhile when it,suits you

My bete noire will always be those who abuse democracy

And racists

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1975
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by White G » 19 Apr 2020, 10:54

I'd definitely say that the Covid-19 pandemic has shown how the world needs each other and has to work together. Being insular has cost us lives & certain problems have been highlighted in our post-EU infrastructure.

This problem was unforseen of course but it's times like this where the importance of strength in togetherness become apparent.

Post Reply