Brexit strikes

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 13 Apr 2020, 16:02

trevormans wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 14:24
bristleposh wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 18:11
The one and only benefit is that we will be governed by our own people and not by Johnny Foreigner. We ran an Empire and a Commonwealth and don’t need the assistance of any Europeans to tell us what to and what not to do.
You are clear that there is only one benefit of Brexit. Namely control of decision making.
What happened to the promised Brexit Dividend? It has disappeared . Clearly, the people were deceived.
I have asked on many occasions for people to show me tangible benefits of leaving the EU. Nobody has yet shown any tangible economic benefits. Yet we now have full decision making with a complete lack of scrutiny , transparency and honesty.

You say we ran the Empire and the Commonwealth ( presumably so we can do it again?), as if this was some paradigm of good management..
No. No No emphatically no. Purely because the atlas was pink? you are mistaken we did not run it well.............

For over two hundred years, we EXPLOITED the people of the Empire, denying human rights and democracy to over a third of the worlds population using force and violence and the barrel of the gun, and using slavery to ensure ensure cheap goods and certainty of trade. This was continually against the wishes of the peoples. (You have said that Wilberforce was mistaken) Most , if not all were what you and Alf Garnett might call Johnny Foreigner, (whether Australian, Indian, Kiwi, Kenyan, Mozambiquan, Canadian, American, Rwandan, Jamaican, Nigerian etc etc).

We never RAN the British Commonwealth. Nor were we told what to do. We have been members of it since its inception, and we have taken part in joint decisions exerting a disproportionate perhaps amount of influence. I can think of no decisions which affected us which were seriously to our detriment. From time to time we took part in seriously important decisions (eg Gleneagles agreement to limit contact with South Africa). We have benefitted substantially in many indirect ways by being part of this organisation. I can think of very little actual disadvantage. We have prospered very substantially in the last thirty years whilst being part of this organisation, and can think of almost no way in which we have suffered. We have partaken in decision making with these Johnny Foreigners , but we have never taken instructions from Johnny Foreigners. We have never been at war with any of these Johnny Foreigners. Almost all very positive. Correct me if I am wrong
We never RAN the EU, Nor were we told what to do. We have been members but we have taken part in joint decisions exerting perhaps a disproportionate amount of influence. I can think of no decisions which affected us which were seriously to our detriment . From time to time we took part in seriously important decisions. We have benefitted substantially in many indirect ways by being part of this organisation. I can think of very little actual disadvantage. We have prospered very substantially in the last thirty years whilst being part of this organisation, and can think of almost no way in which we have suffered. We have partaken in decision making with these Johnny Foreigners , but we have never taken instructions from Johnny Foreigners. We have never been at war with any of these Johnny Foreigners. Almost all very positive.
Simple slogans do not bear scrutiny. We cannot keep harping back to beating Jerry on our own. We never did, we had to get the assistance of Johnny Foreigner to sort it out.
As usual you twist what people say to line up with your agenda. I didn’t mention the war. All the other European states had their Empires, I have little doubt they have keyboard experts criticising their own history. We now live in the 21st century, Explorers from the 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and even 19th century is irrelevant. My reference to Johnny Foreigner was a joke, but of course you’re not allowed to use humour because some people are to thick to appreciate it. I no longer live in Alf Garnet’s era and appreciate it was of its time, nowadays humour has come to an impasse where you can’t make fun of anything for fear of upsetting someone. Sex, weight, race, disability, all are minefields, you can’t even make fun of what people eat. The world in your opinion is probably a better place, but it is a humourless place.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 812
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by trevormans » 13 Apr 2020, 17:02

as usual I have answered your points in full, and as usual I have destroyed your arguments in full

you have now accepted that the only benefit of leaving the EU is so we can make our own decisions and strategy. and the basis of your argument is that we once "ran" an empire

you have not put forward any tangible benefits of leaving the EU,, and you have resorted to the wonderful humour of referring to others as Johnny Foreigner

I have pointed out that Johnny Foreigner includes USA (inter alia) but that was perhaps not what you wanted to hear.

I have utterly no respect for the manner in which this government has behaved since July, because of their lack of democracy (i will remind you that democracy is not one cross every now and again

i do not seek to twist your words, merely to reference what you have said

humour is always worth having, but not if it genuinely causes substantial offence to people when they have no right of reply

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 13 Apr 2020, 18:15

The USA was once part of the empire, now they are governed by a stupid man, who only got the top job because the opposition fielded an even bigger waste of space. The benefits of leaving the EU are not being felt because of this awful virus, but seeing the poorer nations coming out with their caps out saying can I have some more please, we certainly can’t be worse off
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 812
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by trevormans » 13 Apr 2020, 18:52

But we are worse off this is emphatically the case

We have chosen not to join with Europe to buy what is necessary

We have had weeks to prepare but we will be soon worse off in terms of deaths and economically

We are about to reap first the harvest of the austerity sown by the idiot Osborne

Then the losses by leaving the eu because we followed slogans and not facts

And all those will then be blamed on the virus

Ignoring the disastrous mismanagement by fat liars useless sycophantic cabinet

Why can the germans tes but we cant?

Thatcherism first then austerity comes home to roost

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 13 Apr 2020, 19:12

It's difficult for me to argue against someone who sticks so rigidly to just referring to people as liars, fat liars in fact. One reason the virus is worse in this country than Spain,France and Italy (all members of the EU in case you hadn't realised) is population density, the U.K. Has double the population density of the nearest of those three, even the US with their dictator has nowhere near our density of population. New York City is much worse than our worst city London, again tied in with the proximity of people living close to each other.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 812
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by trevormans » 13 Apr 2020, 19:46

And Germany is 20% MORE in population and say a fifth of the deaths

The fat liar (which word can you disagree with?) Cannot argue with such facts.

I refuse to call him boris because that makes him sound cuddly and our chum

He is an utter charlatan with a second class degree in latin

He has learnt to rattle

Nothing more


The countries we are closest to are Germany Holland Denmark Belgium Sweden etc yet our figures dwarf theirs

We have massively underperformed

I guess(!?!!) That over 1000 have died because of a lack of a good and sound and transparent policy

This is why they refuse scrutiny
Because he knows he has underperformed

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 13 Apr 2020, 21:38

Blame the scientists not the politicians

Sweden pop/sq mile 64
Germany .............239
Belgium................343
Denmark...............357
Netherlands............491
England.................1010

I said England rather than UK because that's where most deaths are.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Apr 2020, 21:49

Britain did not take part in €1.5bn order for kit to protect against Covid-19 despite shortages in NHS

Britain missed three opportunities to be part of an EU scheme to bulk-buy masks, gowns and gloves and has been absent from key talks about future purchases, as pressure grows on ministers to protect NHS medics and care workers on the coronavirus frontline.

European doctors and nurses are preparing to receive the first of €1.5bn (£1.3bn) worth of personal protective equipment (PPE) within days or a maximum of two weeks through a joint procurement scheme involving 25 countries and eight companies, according to internal EU documents.

The EU’s swift work has led to offers of medical equipment, including masks, overalls and goggles, in excess of the number requested, a spokesman for the European commission said. The EU is separately establishing stockpiles within member states, with the first being set up in Romania.



I'm so pleased we're giving £350m a week to the NHS now, else we'd be in a right f*cking mess.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

trevormans
Posts: 812
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by trevormans » 14 Apr 2020, 08:00

bristleposh wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 21:38
Blame the scientists not the politicians

Sweden pop/sq mile 64
Germany .............239
Belgium................343
Denmark...............357
Netherlands............491
England.................1010

I said England rather than UK because that's where most deaths are.
I do not understand your point

Does this show that more people have died in germany or Netherlands or Belgium or sweden

If not what does it show?
Why blame the scientists for population density?

The question to ask is surely how many have died per say 100000 of the population
Johnny foreigner in germany has done better than england uk

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by Gaz_Miller » 14 Apr 2020, 09:32

So Germany are now offering to send us 60 more ventilators to help out our useless government.

Portuguese nurses, German military - thank goodness we're not a racist nation who thinks we are big enough to go it alone......oh.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2020, 10:17

trevormans wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 08:00
bristleposh wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 21:38
Blame the scientists not the politicians

Sweden pop/sq mile 64
Germany .............239
Belgium................343
Denmark...............357
Netherlands............491
England.................1010

I said England rather than UK because that's where most deaths are.
I do not understand your point

Does this show that more people have died in germany or Netherlands or Belgium or sweden

If not what does it show?
Why blame the scientists for population density?

The question to ask is surely how many have died per say 100000 of the population
Johnny foreigner in germany has done better than england uk
For a start, Germany have had 3.5 thousand deaths, as their population is dispersed more widely than England by roughly four to one, given the same population density you would expect them to have had roughly 14,000 deaths far worse than England.

Sweden on the face of it with a mere 919 deaths but with a population density of roughly a 20th of ours, one would expect them to have north of 20,000 deaths.

so I think it's quite unreasonable to compare unlike countries
Gaz_Miller wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 09:32
So Germany are now offering to send us 60 more ventilators to help out our useless government.

Portuguese nurses, German military - thank goodness we're not a racist nation who thinks we are big enough to go it alone......oh.
Let's not forget all the other ethnic minority nurses and cleaners, nobody has suggested we can do this alone it is a global problem that is being solved internationally. Your constant bickering about what this government is or isn't doing is blinding you from the facts
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by Gaz_Miller » 14 Apr 2020, 10:26

bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 10:17
Let's not forget all the other ethnic minority nurses and cleaners, nobody has suggested we can do this alone it is a global problem that is being solved internationally. Your constant bickering about what this government is or isn't doing is blinding you from the facts
The FACT is that the majority of people voted Brexit because of immigration.
Nearly three-quarters (73 per cent) of those who are worried about immigration voted Leave, compared with 36 per cent of those who did not identify this as a concern, research has shown, showing the discrepancy in views about immigration between Remain and Leave voters.
If you can't accept facts, then you need to stop posting. It just makes you look a fool - every single post.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2020, 11:17

The only fool here is the one that keeps thinking everyone who supports a government that kept a communist out of number ten is not in their right minds
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by Gaz_Miller » 14 Apr 2020, 11:34

Still ignoring facts.

Forget Corbyn now, he’s gone, finished. Focus on the liar you put into power. You can’t keep ignoring how useless he is by saying “at least it’s not Corbyn”.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1975
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by White G » 14 Apr 2020, 11:52

Gaz_Miller wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 11:34
Still ignoring facts.

Forget Corbyn now, he’s gone, finished. Focus on the liar you put into power. You can’t keep ignoring how useless he is by saying “at least it’s not Corbyn”.
I don't think Bristle was School Debating Society material, sooner or later he may be forced to address the issues as the Corbyn one-liner passes its sell-by date.

Post Reply