Brexit strikes

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by Brianposh » 13 Mar 2020, 14:46

bristleposh wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 14:21
Why would anyone expect any different from somebody who obviously voted to stay and can’t bear the fact that his side lost
Some people are good losers and some are poor losers...…………...
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 13 Mar 2020, 16:00

or just maybe, you might be able to point out some of the wonderful tangible benefits of having left. But nobody ever does, because you were all taken in by the fibs and promises

I literally do not see any tangible benefits. That does not make me a poor "loser" , it demonstrates that I have maintained a consistent position.

If Posh fail to get promoted (ie making me a "loser" ) , it does not mean I should start to support Coventry . I will still support Posh

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Mar 2020, 16:52

trevormans wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 16:00
or just maybe, you might be able to point out some of the wonderful tangible benefits of having left. But nobody ever does, because you were all taken in by the fibs and promises

I literally do not see any tangible benefits. That does not make me a poor "loser" , it demonstrates that I have maintained a consistent position.

If Posh fail to get promoted (ie making me a "loser" ) , it does not mean I should start to support Coventry . I will still support Posh
There are no tangible benefits - I've asked time & time again, all over social media, and all I ever get is 'sore loser' comments.

It really is making people look very very simple.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Mar 2020, 18:11

The one and only benefit is that we will be governed by our own people and not by Johnny Foreigner. We ran an Empire and a Commonwealth and don’t need the assistance of any Europeans to tell us what to and what not to do.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Mar 2020, 19:55

tangible[ tan-juh-buhl ]

adjective
capable of being touched; discernible by the touch; material or substantial.
real or actual, rather than imaginary or visionary:
the tangible benefits of sunshine.
definite; not vague or elusive:
no tangible grounds for suspicion.
(of an asset) having actual physical existence, as real estate or chattels, and therefore capable of being assigned a value in monetary terms.

noun
something tangible, especially a tangible asset.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Mar 2020, 21:45

Ok so you know the right answers, what tangible assets have we actually lost
they're a prat!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 13 Mar 2020, 23:39

For starters and only for starters

£85 billion since the referendum

See
costofbrexit.netify.com

Apologies I dont know how to send the full link on my phone

White G

Post by White G » 14 Mar 2020, 02:13

bristleposh wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 18:11
The one and only benefit is that we will be governed by our own people and not by Johnny Foreigner. We ran an Empire and a Commonwealth and don’t need the assistance of any Europeans to tell us what to and what not to do.
But this government and ones before us have sold much of our industry & infrastructure to foreign governments & businesses. We are not fully in control of things now any more than beforehand. No nation can manage by themselves in today's society, I'm sorry but that's just the way things are.

Wilco

Post by Wilco » 10 Apr 2020, 21:17

bristleposh wrote:
This has to be a joke? It’s pure Alf Garnett :lol:

White G

Post by White G » 13 Apr 2020, 08:15

bristleposh wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 14:21
Why would anyone expect any different from somebody who obviously voted to stay and can’t bear the fact that his side lost
Bristle, you keep failing actual reasons for any of your views. Instead you compare at an alternative which you deem as worse (again without actually explaining why).

I think you'd be a bit more credible if you actually stated a case for all the sweeping statements you come out with.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Apr 2020, 10:37

Oh the irony that Johnson has personally thanked NHS staff from New Zealand & Portugal for saving his life.

Maybe not all Johnny Foreigners need to return home - just the rubbish ones.
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Apr 2020, 11:14

Gaz_Miller wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 10:37
Oh the irony that Johnson has personally thanked NHS staff from New Zealand & Portugal for saving his life.

Maybe not all Johnny Foreigners need to return home - just the rubbish ones.
Did they not teach you to read at your school. I never suggested that JFs needed to be sent home, I suggested that we didn’t need to ge governed by them
they're a prat!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 13 Apr 2020, 14:24

bristleposh wrote:
You are clear that there is only one benefit of Brexit. Namely control of decision making.
What happened to the promised Brexit Dividend? It has disappeared . Clearly, the people were deceived.
I have asked on many occasions for people to show me tangible benefits of leaving the EU. Nobody has yet shown any tangible economic benefits. Yet we now have full decision making with a complete lack of scrutiny , transparency and honesty.

You say we ran the Empire and the Commonwealth ( presumably so we can do it again?), as if this was some paradigm of good management..
No. No No emphatically no. Purely because the atlas was pink? you are mistaken we did not run it well.............

For over two hundred years, we EXPLOITED the people of the Empire, denying human rights and democracy to over a third of the worlds population using force and violence and the barrel of the gun, and using slavery to ensure ensure cheap goods and certainty of trade. This was continually against the wishes of the peoples. (You have said that Wilberforce was mistaken) Most , if not all were what you and Alf Garnett might call Johnny Foreigner, (whether Australian, Indian, Kiwi, Kenyan, Mozambiquan, Canadian, American, Rwandan, Jamaican, Nigerian etc etc).

We never RAN the British Commonwealth. Nor were we told what to do. We have been members of it since its inception, and we have taken part in joint decisions exerting a disproportionate perhaps amount of influence. I can think of no decisions which affected us which were seriously to our detriment. From time to time we took part in seriously important decisions (eg Gleneagles agreement to limit contact with South Africa). We have benefitted substantially in many indirect ways by being part of this organisation. I can think of very little actual disadvantage. We have prospered very substantially in the last thirty years whilst being part of this organisation, and can think of almost no way in which we have suffered. We have partaken in decision making with these Johnny Foreigners , but we have never taken instructions from Johnny Foreigners. We have never been at war with any of these Johnny Foreigners. Almost all very positive. Correct me if I am wrong
We never RAN the EU, Nor were we told what to do. We have been members but we have taken part in joint decisions exerting perhaps a disproportionate amount of influence. I can think of no decisions which affected us which were seriously to our detriment . From time to time we took part in seriously important decisions. We have benefitted substantially in many indirect ways by being part of this organisation. I can think of very little actual disadvantage. We have prospered very substantially in the last thirty years whilst being part of this organisation, and can think of almost no way in which we have suffered. We have partaken in decision making with these Johnny Foreigners , but we have never taken instructions from Johnny Foreigners. We have never been at war with any of these Johnny Foreigners. Almost all very positive.
Simple slogans do not bear scrutiny. We cannot keep harping back to beating Jerry on our own. We never did, we had to get the assistance of Johnny Foreigner to sort it out.

White G

Post by White G » 13 Apr 2020, 14:32

bristleposh wrote:
So you don't like being run by other people, but celebrate the fact that we used to run other people's countries for them?

Seems a bit arrogant & that you have a superiority complex.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Apr 2020, 15:31

White G wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 14:32
bristleposh wrote:
So you don't like being run by other people, but celebrate the fact that we used to run other people's countries for them?

Seems a bit arrogant & that you have a superiority complex.
It took you a month to come up with that response, no wonder brexit went through you were probably too slow to get to the polling booth.
they're a prat!