Brexit strikes

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Dônnnald Bethl'hem

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by Dônnnald Bethl'hem » 25 Feb 2020, 20:17

This is like Gore Vidal and William F. Buckley Jr, except both have severe head injuries and are full of Adderall.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 25 Feb 2020, 20:39

Meatspinner wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 23:22
Don't kid yourself that they can't be paid more either in Australia
I'm not kidding myself.
The fact is the wages for carers are not high enough to attract the right people.
The employers pay what they can get away with.
If we didn't have so many immigrants prepared to work for what they consider good money the employers would have to pay more for Australian people.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Meatspinner

Post by Meatspinner » 25 Feb 2020, 20:41

tonyp wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 20:39
Meatspinner wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 23:22
Don't kid yourself that they can't be paid more either in Australia
I'm not kidding myself.
The fact is the wages for carers are not high enough to attract the right people.
The employers pay what they can get away with.
If we didn't have so many immigrants prepared to work for what they consider good money the employers would have to pay more for Australian people.
Or more likely they wouldn't bother.

White G

Post by White G » 25 Feb 2020, 22:04

Gaz_Miller wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 11:25
Wow, just wow.
Bristle can't simply answer questions, these rants are his defence as he lacks knowledge.

ashman

Post by ashman » 26 Feb 2020, 00:23

White G wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 22:04
Gaz_Miller wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 11:25
Wow, just wow.
Bristle can't simply answer questions, these rants are his defence as he lacks knowledge.
It's his opinion, he doesn't lack knowledge and he is quite entitled to proffer it, as long as he is respectful; and the same applies to all!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Feb 2020, 13:48

It annoys me when people just wont accept the result of anything. Some Pratt on Twitter was going on about banning Yorkshire Tea simply for their support of Boris. We’ve had half a dozen elections all of which have been lost by the loony left. Just because some of those who claim to have more knowledge that others, can’t accept the results, they still come on to message boards spouting their drivel.
Political correctness gone mad these days,
you can't say Mongoose, you have to say
Special needs goose

White G

Post by White G » 26 Feb 2020, 23:45

bristleposh wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 13:48
It annoys me when people just wont accept the result of anything. Some Pratt on Twitter was going on about banning Yorkshire Tea simply for their support of Boris. We’ve had half a dozen elections all of which have been lost by the loony left. Just because some of those who claim to have more knowledge that others, can’t accept the results, they still come on to message boards spouting their drivel.
So you would never boycott anything because of political or moral reasons? Everyone has a choice so there's no harm in this. There's lots of companies I'd rather not give money to for various reasons, it's healthy that one has awareness in what they're doing. I think it'd be worse if one sleepwalks without thought into every decision they make.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Feb 2020, 23:55

White G wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 23:45
bristleposh wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 13:48
So you would never boycott anything because of political or moral reasons? Everyone has a choice so there's no harm in this. There's lots of companies I'd rather not give money to for various reasons, it's healthy that one has awareness in what they're doing. I think it'd be worse if one sleepwalks without thought into every decision they make.
So what you are saying is you know better than me, I don’t disagree with that, what I do know is that the politics I support have won the majority of elections since the end of WWII. There is a reason your lot lost.
Special needs goose

White G

Post by White G » 27 Feb 2020, 00:08

That logic is even more ludicrous than your theory that the worldwide popularity of football can be measured by the average Posh home gate!😁

Where do you find these comebacks from Bristle? If I didn't think you were deadly serious I'd find it comical.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Mar 2020, 17:15

I wonder if our chancellor has promised so much "investment" yesterday , because he is implicitly accepting the 10 years of austerity was a mistake , or whether he is shelling out now to hide the costs of the no deal brexit that Dominic Cummings is lining up for us.

I imagine that the virus has come along at a convenient time as all the "losses" will be attributed to that rather than to Brexit.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Mar 2020, 19:17

trevormans wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 17:15
I wonder if our chancellor has promised so much "investment" yesterday , because he is implicitly accepting the 10 years of austerity was a mistake , or whether he is shelling out now to hide the costs of the no deal brexit that Dominic Cummings is lining up for us.

I imagine that the virus has come along at a convenient time as all the "losses" will be attributed to that rather than to Brexit.
I’m sure you will find some dog whistles to underline how stupid the majority of the people were.
Special needs goose

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Mar 2020, 20:37

:?: I think even some of those people are starting to understand that johnson cannot tell the truth and that they were taken in by the lies

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Mar 2020, 22:09

All I know about Johnson was that he wasn’t Corbyn
Special needs goose

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Mar 2020, 08:55

bristleposh wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 22:09
All I know about Johnson was that he wasn’t Corbyn
What a pathetic reason to vote for the liar.

Within months of being in office he's proving all the doubters right.

And on topic, I'm STILL to see ONE tangiable benefit of leaving the EU.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Mar 2020, 14:21

Why would anyone expect any different from somebody who obviously voted to stay and can’t bear the fact that his side lost
Special needs goose