Brexit strikes

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Brexit strikes

Post by bristleposh » 20 Feb 2020, 15:57

Just been to our local supermarket, not a single empty shelf, I was gutted I may have to go to B&Q to get the shelves.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Re: Brexit strikes

Post by Gaz_Miller » 20 Feb 2020, 16:34

bristleposh wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 15:57
Just been to our local supermarket, not a single empty shelf, I was gutted I may have to go to B&Q to get the shelves.
In other (more relevant) Brexit news..

81 small companies have already left the UK & set up new premises in & around Amsterdam (this is a leaked report from a local authority). They are expecting at least 100 more by the end of the year. This is just ONE local authority.

Companies are silently moving to Europe so they can still trade within the EU.

As with all these things, don't expect them to make the right-wing press anytime soon. Just believe the bullsh*t they keep feeding you.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Feb 2020, 17:42

You just know it’s true if it’s in the Guardian or one of the leftish press, the ones that covered up the ante-Semitic behaviour of certain members of the Labour Party
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 20 Feb 2020, 17:48

Why are Brexiteers still so worried about the Labour Party?

The Amsterdam news has been leaked by somebody working in local authority, nothing to do with the Guardian.

You've won. You should be ecstatic.

Oh, & the new immigration laws are brilliant news for racists too. What could you possibly complain about?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Feb 2020, 18:26

Nothing if truth be told, it was just that a lot of the experts on here suggested the World would stop spinning because stupid people didn’t understand what they were voting for.
they're a prat!

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 20 Feb 2020, 19:48

Gaz_Miller wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 16:34
bristleposh wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 15:57
In other (more relevant) Brexit news..

81 small companies have already left the UK & set up new premises in & around Amsterdam (this is a leaked report from a local authority). They are expecting at least 100 more by the end of the year. This is just ONE local authority.

Companies are silently moving to Europe so they can still trade within the EU.

As with all these things, don't expect them to make the right-wing press anytime soon. Just believe the bullsh*t they keep feeding you.
Gaz, thats not a new thing. Me and 3,000 others got made redundant when Freemans moved to Germany 12 years ago

Meatspinner

Post by Meatspinner » 24 Feb 2020, 20:21

bristleposh wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 17:42
You just know it’s true if it’s in the Guardian or one of the leftish press, the ones that covered up the ante-Semitic behaviour of certain members of the Labour Party
Do you believe that is what the Guardian did?

The newspaper that has none other than Jonathan Freedland as one if its major columnists?

A bit of Google before firing off wouldn't have hurt you.

White G

Post by White G » 24 Feb 2020, 20:35

Point-scoring aside, who is going to do all the low-paid jobs in the care homes, restaurants, hotels etc? Somehow I can't see the people who sit on their bum moaning about how the Polish take their jobs suddenly being willing to clean toilets!

Foreign EU workers pay in to the economy through tax & spending, then go home later in life so we make a profit out them! Whether you're for Brexit or not, this is a major concern.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Feb 2020, 20:43

White G wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 20:35
Point-scoring aside, who is going to do all the low-paid jobs in the care homes?
We have exactly the same problem here.
The answer is to pay higher wages which no-one can afford. So, we're stuck with carers who can hardly speak English.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Meatspinner

Post by Meatspinner » 24 Feb 2020, 23:22

But are nevertheless prepared to care for the elderly for minimum wage and endure long hours.

Don't kid yourself that they can't be paid more either in Australia or the UK. Someone like Duncan Bannatyne didn't make a fortune from care homes by being employer of the year.

Or even care home provider of the year.
Last edited by Meatspinner on 25 Feb 2020, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 25 Feb 2020, 08:48

Brilliant that the fruit farmer Harry Hall, who voted Leave & employs 2,500 migrants to pick his strawberries every year, is now complaining that he won't be able to find enough staff.

You honestly couldn't make this stuff up.
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Feb 2020, 09:43

Gaz_Miller wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 08:48
Brilliant that the fruit farmer Harry Hall, who voted Leave & employs 2,500 migrants to pick his strawberries every year, is now complaining that he won't be able to find enough staff.

You honestly couldn't make this stuff up.
Such a shame people were such racists as to vote the opposite way to what you so obviously wanted. Who used to pick his strawberries before there was an influx of people from overseas to come along and pick his fruit for him. The answer lies in the fact that the majority of strawberries were picked by those who wished to 'Pick their own'. There will always be enough itinerant workers like travellers who will do this type of work in between burglarising houses and dumping waste in supermarket car parks. Who do you think lays all these pretty driveways you see up and down the country, people who pay taxes, I think not.
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 25 Feb 2020, 11:07

bristleposh wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 09:43
Such a shame people were such racists as to vote the opposite way to what you so obviously wanted. Who used to pick his strawberries before there was an influx of people from overseas to come along and pick his fruit for him. The answer lies in the fact that the majority of strawberries were picked by those who wished to 'Pick their own'. There will always be enough itinerant workers like travellers who will do this type of work in between burglarising houses and dumping waste in supermarket car parks. Who do you think lays all these pretty driveways you see up and down the country, people who pay taxes, I think not.
Probably as desperate a response as I've ever seen from a Brexiteer. Even managing to slag off the travelling community too.

It was a racist vote - no two ways about it. It's why Johnson has now filled his government with right-wing facists to try to implement Brexit.

Seriously, can't you see it at all?
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Feb 2020, 11:20

I have every reason to believe you would think that travelers are innocent humans just moseying along doing nobody any harm. I also have the feeling you probably think it's OK for transgender women to compete against ordinary women, and that rapists amongst them should be locked up in women's jails. Calling people brexiteers is not very adult, we are all British now, whichever way you may have voted. It will never be ab argument that you can win, just like trying your hardest to convince anyone that Steve Evans is a better manager than Fergie. He may get better results but as a human being managing people, it is not his greatest asset.
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 25 Feb 2020, 11:25

Wow, just wow.
― Unarine Ramaru