They think it's all over.

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DoubleRay

Re: They think it's all over.

Post by DoubleRay » 18 Dec 2019, 17:31

bristleposh wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 14:09
EU membership limits our influence rules out an independent seat at the WTO.
No more laws enforced upon us taking back control of our own sovereignty
Billions of ponds per annum they we pay to be a member
In trade it stops us having our own deals with Japan, India, US and others
Improved global trade agreements would mean more jobs
We pay more in EU VAT contributions which costs us over £100 each per annum

How many more would you like
None of that is correct. You honestly believe that trading with our neighbouring countries costs more than we make?
This country will be poorer not richer. That's been proved by all the financial institutes.
The job losses will be even more worse than it was under Thatcher's regime. This is why Boris is desperate for a deal but he's commited himself to leave just to keep the unwashed happy.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Dec 2019, 17:39

DoubleRay wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 17:31
bristleposh wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 14:09
EU membership limits our influence rules out an independent seat at the WTO.
No more laws enforced upon us taking back control of our own sovereignty
Billions of ponds per annum they we pay to be a member
In trade it stops us having our own deals with Japan, India, US and others
Improved global trade agreements would mean more jobs
We pay more in EU VAT contributions which costs us over £100 each per annum

How many more would you like
None of that is correct. You honestly believe that trading with our neighbouring countries costs more than we make?
This country will be poorer not richer. That's been proved by all the financial institutes.
The job losses will be even more worse than it was under Thatcher's regime. This is why Boris is desperate for a deal but he's commited himself to leave just to keep the unwashed happy.
How can they prove something that hasn't happened, it's funny how the finances of the country have improved immeasurably since the general election, showing that the financial institutions are more than happy with Boris's agenda.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 18 Dec 2019, 17:47

You need to keep up with the news mate. The pound is plummeting due to Brexit deal uncertainty. Google pound.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 18 Dec 2019, 17:51

DoubleRay wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 17:47
You need to keep up with the news mate. The pound is plummeting due to Brexit deal uncertainty. Google pound.
And our unemployment total figure is the lowest this week that it has ever been in our history. :lol:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Dec 2019, 17:54

DoubleRay wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 17:47
You are correct, but that will change once we leave.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 19 Dec 2019, 14:47

why would you say that when you have belittled others for forecasting the future?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 19 Dec 2019, 14:50

trevormans wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 14:47
why would you say that when you have belittled others for forecasting the future?
True, but my guess is as valid as any of the others.

White G

Post by White G » 19 Dec 2019, 21:36

Still no actual reasons to convince me that this will work out. All just quotes from tabloids with no actual substance or depth. We've been waiting months but it's not going to happen. The only advantage I can think of is that some domestic industries like timber may benefit from the weaker exchange rate caused by Brexit.

Some people haven't moved out of the past though and have insular, dated view's of England's place in the world. Working in manufacturing, I can tell you that most people see the picture better than a bitter pensioner who reads the Daily Express & hates Germans.

White G

Post by White G » 19 Dec 2019, 21:41

tonyp wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 20:52
DoubleRay wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 12:32
They think it's all over.
It should have been all over when the referendum took place.
What's the point of holding a referendum if the government doesn't accept the result?
Those that voted for Britain to leave will get what they deserve.
Those that voted to stay in the EU will get the benefits even though they may not deserve 1t.
Those that couldn't be bothered to vote are probably wishing they had done but it's too late. It's all over.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you live in Queensland, have assumingly retired, have no recent experience of life in the UK, and this doesn't affect you one bit. Things like the huge rise in working families below the poverty line & the deaths caused by universal credit have no bearing on you at all.

White G

Post by White G » 19 Dec 2019, 21:48

tonyp wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 05:31
DoubleRay wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 23:14
tonyp wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 20:52

Those that voted for Britain to leave will get what they deserve.
Those that voted to stay in the EU will get the benefits even though they may not deserve it.
Oh please tell me what the benefits are that we so don't deserve.
Pray tell.
You will at last have a stable government with a working majority.
If fewer people had voted for the Conservatives you would have had a coalition.

There will be no second referendum.
If Jeremy Corbyn had won you might have got another one

It should see Jeremy Corbyn out of politics.
If more people had voted Labour Jeremy Corbyn could be Prime Minister.

Scotland might become independent.
No comment

What more could you want?

I'm too far away to give any more examples. Ask Boris. He'll know.
- Working majority = a dictatorship. They tried to close down parliament when things didn't go their way. They've threatened to take the licence off Channel 4. It's on par with North Korea.

- Scottish independence would be a major loss to England as trade would be harder and many companies may relocate there, just like some have moved their business/money for into Ireland. There would be less in the way of exports and it would weaken the Pound further I fear.

If that's your "benefits" then it's hardly selling it to me.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 19 Dec 2019, 22:30

I assume your happy with Jenine Krankie's statement that she has a go ahead to have another referendum to leave the union :lol: :lol: :lol:

White G

Post by White G » 19 Dec 2019, 22:52

bristleposh wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 22:30
I assume your happy with Jenine Krankie's statement that she has a go ahead to have another referendum to leave the union :lol: :lol: :lol:
With 48 seats out of 59, she definitely has a strong case. Up here people are dismayed at what's happening down south so you can understand why people want another independence referendum. The first one was based on being guaranteed to stay in the EU by voting "No" to independence, this has turned out to be untrue & the Scots are generally more left wing and socially inclusive than the right wing Tories down south.

Most Scots don't have the "Rule Britannia", good old British Empire attitude & tend to be generally more compassionate towards society, and Eton toffs who scorn on the everyday man aren't adored by the working class.

Given the change in direction that England has turned towards, a split may be the best option.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 19 Dec 2019, 22:55

She had her once in a generation vote and lost it, in much the same way the remoaners lost theirs

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 20 Dec 2019, 00:08

I have said it before, but anyone who refers to the "remoaners" does not have a valid argument for leaving the eu

insults are better, because they catch attention , but never have either depth or substance

your previous statements listing several points were little other than showing your economic illiteracy

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Dec 2019, 08:12

trevormans wrote:
20 Dec 2019, 00:08
I have said it before, but anyone who refers to the "remoaners" does not have a valid argument for leaving the eu

insults are better, because they catch attention , but never have either depth or substance

your previous statements listing several points were little other than showing your economic illiteracy
In which case I will keep my illiteracy to myself, I was one of those who voted to leave and we suffer enough insults for our lack of knowledge, the racist taunts, etc etc. At least I can rest easy in the knowledge that I wasn't alone and that I will get my way some time next year. My conscience will be clear I just hope your crystal ball so full of bombast remains as unclouded in Guardian rhetoric, that you manage to live with a future that you lost.