They think it's all over.

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 16 Dec 2019, 12:32

Batty Boris and his Brexit plan.

How this benefits Britain no one knows. Of course the vote was only about people's view on immigration. Just to stop Janey Foreigner coming over.
What they forget is that Janey Foreigner comes over to do the menial jobs that Mr Englander won't do. Like wiping the bottoms of old people in care homes.
The very same old people who voted leave.
But dont forget when all the car factories start closing, those workers can do it instead eh. Yes all those cleaning jobs and nursey jobs can be done by them when the sanctions start kicking in at the job centre. That Janey Foreigner can jolly well stay away.

ashman

Re: They think it's all over.

Post by ashman » 16 Dec 2019, 12:41

I reckon that we have enough 'Janey Foreigners' to cope. You fail to realise that the votes that Boris borrowed to get Brexit through were nothing to do with anything other than to keep Corbyn away from the top job. The sooner he resigns the better it will be for his party. They can then rebuild with a clean sheet (hopefully!)
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 16 Dec 2019, 15:00

As usual the nay Sayers consider the only reason people voted to leave the EU, was because they were too stupid to see through lies written on the side of a coach or that they were just plain racist scum. Personally I can't imagine that being the correct assessment. Some people consider that too many restrictions have been inflicted upon the nation by outside forces that have decimated lots of our industries. Laws have been altered and money plundered from our national kitty. The lies on the side of the bus as they are referred to, although not 100% correct go somewhere close to the truth, membership has cost us millions, possibly billions that even Corbyn's Magic money tree would not have touched the surface of. We need our control back our laws back and if that means stopping a few Janey and Johnny Foreigner coming in then so be it. My neighbours on one side are Polish and on the other English, I'm happy with that situation, but there are nine residences in the street, we don't need ten or more families living there whether they come from Poland, Asia or Timbuktu.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 17 Dec 2019, 09:24

Immigration in this country has come from all over the globe. It was self governing and never a EU directive. Countries could choose their numbers.

For instance, the large influx of Asian immigration in the 70/80s happened when the Tories were in power.
Nothing to do with the EU.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Dec 2019, 10:22

DoubleRay wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 09:24
Immigration in this country has come from all over the globe. It was self governing and never a EU directive. Countries could choose their numbers.

For instance, the large influx of Asian immigration in the 70/80s happened when the Tories were in power.
The vast majority of those immigrants came to this country from former Commonwealth countries or as they were referred to at the time as The British Empire. Most had their own resources and came here to join family or to start businesses. They were not here to grab the benefits. I know there may have been a few others from places like China, hence the vast number of Chinese take-aways, but again, they had come with their own Renminbi or Yuan and again were not here simply to get the benefits of housing, Social Security, and or Health care. A big influx came from places like Zimbabwe, Kenya and Uganda and other places where Asians were getting racially ran out of town.

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 17 Dec 2019, 10:53

bristleposh wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 10:22
DoubleRay wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 09:24

The vast majority of those immigrants came to this country from former Commonwealth countries or as they were referred to at the time as The British Empire. Most had their own resources and came here to join family or to start businesses. They were not here to grab the benefits. I know there may have been a few others from places like China, hence the vast number of Chinese take-aways, but again, they had come with their own Renminbi or Yuan and again were not here simply to get the benefits of housing, Social Security, and or Health care. A big influx came from places like Zimbabwe, Kenya and Uganda and other places where Asians were getting racially ran out of town.
You are implying that EU migrants come here to scrounge? My God.
Tell that to the 11000 nurses who have returned to Eu this year alone because they don't feel welcome.

But nobody can tell me what leaving the EU will benefit the UK.
It will cost many jobs and financially ruin many companies. All because Boris and his followers does not care about a trade deal and is fixated on leave.

But my point about immigration is that's it's an internal matter for country members. Never a EU directive.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Dec 2019, 11:00

I imply no such thing, I’m suggesting that because of weak border control we have an influx of Asian and Africans sneaking in through the back door, the only thing I am implying is that the EU has allowed our borders to be opened.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Dec 2019, 20:52

DoubleRay wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 12:32
It should have been all over when the referendum took place.
What's the point of holding a referendum if the government doesn't accept the result?
Those that voted for Britain to leave will get what they deserve.
Those that voted to stay in the EU will get the benefits even though they may not deserve 1t.
Those that couldn't be bothered to vote are probably wishing they had done but it's too late. It's all over.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 17 Dec 2019, 23:14

tonyp wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 20:52

Those that voted to stay in the EU will get the benefits even though they may not deserve it.
Oh please tell me what the benefits are that we so don't deserve.
Pray tell.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 18 Dec 2019, 05:31

DoubleRay wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 23:14
tonyp wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 20:52

Those that voted to stay in the EU will get the benefits even though they may not deserve it.
Oh please tell me what the benefits are that we so don't deserve.
Pray tell.
You will at last have a stable government with a working majority.
If fewer people had voted for the Conservatives you would have had a coalition.

There will be no second referendum.
If Jeremy Corbyn had won you might have got another one

It should see Jeremy Corbyn out of politics.
If more people had voted Labour Jeremy Corbyn could be Prime Minister.

Scotland might become independent.
No comment

What more could you want?

I'm too far away to give any more examples. Ask Boris. He'll know.

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 18 Dec 2019, 09:52

I asked what are the benefits of leaving the EU that we do/don't deserve. :roll:

None of the above posts answer that.

As for a stable government, Tonyp, you obviously don't live here and fully realise the divisions this country truly has.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 18 Dec 2019, 09:59

DoubleRay wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 09:52
I asked what are the benefits of leaving the EU that we do/don't deserve. :roll:

As for a stable government, Tonyp, you obviously don't live here and fully realise the divisions this country truly has.
Sorry about that.

How about you list (one or two only) of the benefits that you would have had if Jeremy Corbyn had won.

And the stable government you would have had with him as PM.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Dec 2019, 10:11

tonyp wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 09:59
DoubleRay wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 09:52

Sorry about that.

How about you list (one or two only) of the benefits that you would have had if Jeremy Corbyn had won.

And the stable government you would have had with him as PM.
I think that maybe a struggle to get that many

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 18 Dec 2019, 11:08

I will ask again. What are the benefits of leaving the full trade agreement with the EU?

It's very simple. Forget about Boris and Corbyn if you possibly can.

What are the benefits that apparently we don't deserve?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Dec 2019, 14:09

EU membership limits our influence rules out an independent seat at the WTO.
No more laws enforced upon us taking back control of our own sovereignty
Billions of ponds per annum they we pay to be a member
In trade it stops us having our own deals with Japan, India, US and others
Improved global trade agreements would mean more jobs
We pay more in EU VAT contributions which costs us over £100 each per annum

How many more would you like