Election in December

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Locked
trevormans
Posts: 658
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Election in December

Post by trevormans » 11 Dec 2019, 13:15

Having avoided a proper referendum will the Tories claim a mandate for brexit if they win but deny the mandate if they lose?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29345
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Election in December

Post by bristleposh » 11 Dec 2019, 13:39

If they lose they won’t need to, it’ll be forced upon them by the nay sayers
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans
Posts: 658
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Election in December

Post by trevormans » 11 Dec 2019, 23:06

But if he wants a mandate for his half baked deal he should have a referendum

But he is scared of such scrutiny

And so he should be

He is pathetic

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9661
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Election in December

Post by Brianposh » 11 Dec 2019, 23:22

trevormans wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 23:06
But if he wants a mandate for his half baked deal he should have a referendum

But he is scared of such scrutiny

And so he should be

He is pathetic
If you can remember WE HAVE HAD A REFERENDUM, as agreed at the time by ALL M.P.'s. This country voted to leave, Parliament has the simple task of organising this on our behalf. I remind you we have already left the EU, that is it.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

DoubleRay
Posts: 1243
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Election in December

Post by DoubleRay » 12 Dec 2019, 12:49

Brianposh wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 23:22


If you can remember WE HAVE HAD A REFERENDUM, as agreed at the time by ALL M.P.'s. This country voted to leave, Parliament has the simple task of organising this on our behalf. I remind you we have already left the EU, that is it.
Not that old chestnut.
The referendum was a simplistic vote based on a lie written on the side of a bus.
We are all more wiser to the event and know the true implications. By all means leave the E.U. but not without a trade deal.
Boris wants to leave come what may like the idiot he is. A lot of jobs are on the line without a deal.

I hope Corbyn gets in. A revolutionary.

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1581
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: Election in December

Post by PoshCynic » 12 Dec 2019, 17:09

DoubleRay wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 12:49
Brianposh wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 23:22


If you can remember WE HAVE HAD A REFERENDUM, as agreed at the time by ALL M.P.'s. This country voted to leave, Parliament has the simple task of organising this on our behalf. I remind you we have already left the EU, that is it.
Not that old chestnut.
The referendum was a simplistic vote based on a lie written on the side of a bus.
We are all more wiser to the event and know the true implications. By all means leave the E.U. but not without a trade deal.
Boris wants to leave come what may like the idiot he is. A lot of jobs are on the line without a deal.

I hope Corbyn gets in. A revolutionary.
Heaven help us if Corbyn gets in. A revolutionary of the wrong sort.
Sooner we leave the EC, the better.

trevormans
Posts: 658
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Election in December

Post by trevormans » 12 Dec 2019, 17:40

The labour party cannot win the election.

If there are ecinomic benefits to leaving the eu then why has the great liar stopped telling us what these economic benefits are


He knows full well that there was no honour in the lies told

So there is no need to honour the referendum

Today could well be the day that democracy dies in the uk .

If anybody cares to look at page 48 of their manifesto where they are threatening to change the relationship between government,parliament and the courts

Just like the nazis

A time to be truly afraid

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16473
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Election in December

Post by DaveLister » 12 Dec 2019, 19:43

trevormans wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 17:40
The labour party cannot win the election.

If there are ecinomic benefits to leaving the eu then why has the great liar stopped telling us what these economic benefits are


He knows full well that there was no honour in the lies told

So there is no need to honour the referendum

Today could well be the day that democracy dies in the uk .

If anybody cares to look at page 48 of their manifesto where they are threatening to change the relationship between government,parliament and the courts

Just like the nazis

A time to be truly afraid
No need to honour what the electorate voted for? That really is just like the Nazis
Image

DoubleRay
Posts: 1243
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Election in December

Post by DoubleRay » 12 Dec 2019, 19:47

trevormans wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 17:40
The labour party cannot win the election.

If there are ecinomic benefits to leaving the eu then why has the great liar stopped telling us what these economic benefits are


He knows full well that there was no honour in the lies told

So there is no need to honour the referendum

Today could well be the day that democracy dies in the uk .

If anybody cares to look at page 48 of their manifesto where they are threatening to change the relationship between government,parliament and the courts

Just like the nazis

A time to be truly afraid
Not sure I understand this post. It's sort of mish mashed the two main parties.
But anyway Labour could win if a plus percentage hung parliament is in their favour
They could side with the SNP to form a government.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29345
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Election in December

Post by bristleposh » 12 Dec 2019, 20:00

Labour have very similar policies to the Monster Raving Loony Party perhaps they could form a coalition.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

DoubleRay
Posts: 1243
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Election in December

Post by DoubleRay » 12 Dec 2019, 20:03

PoshCynic wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 17:09


Heaven help us if Corbyn gets in. A revolutionary of the wrong sort.
Sooner we leave the EC, the better.
It's called the EU. There is no economic benefit for the UK to leave the EU.
Unless you want the UK to be on parity with countries like Turkey.

As for Corbyn "getting in", unless you are a billionaire you won't notice much, mrcynic.

DoubleRay
Posts: 1243
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Election in December

Post by DoubleRay » 12 Dec 2019, 20:08

bristleposh wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 20:00
Labour have very similar policies to the Monster Raving Loony Party perhaps they could form a coalition.
Boris and Farage for you then. :lol:
That IS the loony party.

trevormans
Posts: 658
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Election in December

Post by trevormans » 12 Dec 2019, 21:18

A hung parliament is not lnot not labour winning


Labour cannot be the biggest party


This is truly self evident if they cannot get 45 seats n scotland




It is the Brexit iteers who refer to honouring the referendum not me

There was no honour in the lies told


The mugs believed the lies which is why we are in the mess we are in and nobody can show any net economic benefits
There are none and we will regret this for the next 30 years

If I am wrong show me where

Nobody can

Just the slogans

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29345
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Election in December

Post by bristleposh » 12 Dec 2019, 21:52

Last few minutes to vote, so choose wisely

Time to decide:

• Strong econony
• Brexit plan
• Lower taxes
• Jobs
• Pro-Britain
• Common sense

Or:

• Magic money tree
• Endless spending
• Tax hikes
• Insane Brexit policy
• Free stuff for everyone
• Crash the economy
• PC bullshit

#GE2019 
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6386
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: Election in December

Post by Poshay » 12 Dec 2019, 23:03

The exit poll shows a Conservative win with Labour a poor second.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Locked