Election in December

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Locked
User avatar
White G
Posts: 1898
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Election in December

Post by White G » 06 Dec 2019, 18:36

bristleposh wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 17:54
Some of the BS posted in this thread makes me wonder who the liars are.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... e-21040696

This person has a better idea of what's going on and has walked out! Food for thought.

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1576
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: Election in December

Post by PoshCynic » 06 Dec 2019, 19:01

bristleposh wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 17:54
Some of the BS posted in this thread makes me wonder who the liars are.
How right you are. I do not intend to read anymore of the postings.

trevormans
Posts: 631
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Election in December

Post by trevormans » 06 Dec 2019, 21:16

The problem is that the truth shines light whereas lies destroy trust

Every day he destroys trust because every day he lies and lies again

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20259
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Election in December

Post by tonyp » 06 Dec 2019, 22:04

White G wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 16:31
trevormans wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 16:19

continual repetition by the mindless

The main fact is that he is seeking to serve nobody but himself
Sometimes you go on a bit Trev. It's genuinely worrying that much of the population would put him as leader of the country given all the evidence out there. I'm very concerned for the future to be honest!
He does go on doesn't he?

It can't be genuinely worrying for those who will vote Conservative on Thursday.

You're "very concerned for the future".
Maybe one or two of the thousands of Poshies who read your posts aren't quite as concerned for the future as you are.
They might think we shall make the top two this season.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1898
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Election in December

Post by White G » 09 Dec 2019, 12:48

:question:
tonyp wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 22:04
White G wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 16:31
trevormans wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 16:19

continual repetition by the mindless

The main fact is that he is seeking to serve nobody but himself
Sometimes you go on a bit Trev. It's genuinely worrying that much of the population would put him as leader of the country given all the evidence out there. I'm very concerned for the future to be honest!
He does go on doesn't he?

It can't be genuinely worrying for those who will vote Conservative on Thursday.

You're "very concerned for the future".
Maybe one or two of the thousands of Poshies who read your posts aren't quite as concerned for the future as you are.
They might think we shall make the top two this season.
That was a pointless contribution Tony, maybe you just need to concentrate on what's happening Down Under. None of this will affect your future.

trevormans
Posts: 631
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Election in December

Post by trevormans » 09 Dec 2019, 19:43

Are there any conservative policies (as opposed to slogans) which anybody can point out as worthy of support

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20259
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Election in December

Post by tonyp » 09 Dec 2019, 20:49

White G wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 12:48

That was a pointless contribution Tony, maybe you just need to concentrate on what's happening Down Under. None of this will affect your future.
Not as pointless as your typical self-centred and ignorant response.
I could explain why Brexit will affect Australia and the future of Australians. But you wouldn't understand.

Meanwhile I shall read with interest the posts to this thread and look forward to the election results.
I'll leave you to your lonely concern for the future.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

trevormans
Posts: 631
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Election in December

Post by trevormans » 09 Dec 2019, 22:14

whatever else, this is not a "lonely" concern

anyone who is able to think for themselves without resorting to slogans, should be very concerned for the future

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29243
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Election in December

Post by bristleposh » 09 Dec 2019, 23:35

trevormans wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 22:14
whatever else, this is not a "lonely" concern

anyone who is able to think for themselves without resorting to slogans, should be very concerned for the future
Especially if Corbyn wins
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29243
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Election in December

Post by bristleposh » 10 Dec 2019, 10:48

I'm getting really concerned that bumbling Boris, is throwing this election away, not concerned for me, but for my grandchildren and their children , who'll have to pick up the pieces after the Labour let's spend spend spend policy. The number of stars who are backing Labour, is a worry as they'll be first out the door. I'll be pleased when Friday comes and the result is in, whether or not he has managed to do a May and lose from a seemingly unassailable position. Good luck everybody if he does lose as it will be one hell of a car crash.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6363
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: Election in December

Post by Poshay » 10 Dec 2019, 11:35

Johnson's mistake was in thinking that the election would be fought on Brexit whereas the opposition would fight it on the NHS. His final error was yesterday's response to the picture of the child patient having to sleep on the floor of LGI leaving an open goal for Corbyn and the Remainer supporting BBC.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29243
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Election in December

Post by bristleposh » 10 Dec 2019, 14:03

Poshay wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 11:35
Johnson's mistake was in thinking that the election would be fought on Brexit whereas the opposition would fight it on the NHS. His final error was yesterday's response to the picture of the child patient having to sleep on the floor of LGI leaving an open goal for Corbyn and the Remainer supporting BBC.
that's a bit racist
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1898
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Election in December

Post by White G » 10 Dec 2019, 16:56

trevormans wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 22:14
whatever else, this is not a "lonely" concern

anyone who is able to think for themselves without resorting to slogans, should be very concerned for the future
Labour's plans to renationalise certain industries are crazy supposedly but we're paying more for bad private services now. The idea that Corbyn is a leftie madman is ridiculous as all his ideas are already successful in other countries doing better than us.

Yes, but he's an IRA sympathiser? Actually Corbyn has a far, far better record in calling situations than almost anyone. He's called all the major conflicts right from the start & helped gain peace in Northern Ireland. Compare this to the Tories who bribe a group of former terrorists £1bn of taxpayers money just to keep control.

And still, you never hear even a Tory talk about all the wonderful things they do/have done. Instead it's about how incompetent the other lot would be if they were to get into power.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29243
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Election in December

Post by bristleposh » 10 Dec 2019, 17:33

White G wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 16:56
trevormans wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 22:14
whatever else, this is not a "lonely" concern

anyone who is able to think for themselves without resorting to slogans, should be very concerned for the future
Labour's plans to renationalise certain industries are crazy supposedly but we're paying more for bad private services now. The idea that Corbyn is a leftie madman is ridiculous as all his ideas are already successful in other countries doing better than us.

Yes, but he's an IRA sympathiser? Actually Corbyn has a far, far better record in calling situations than almost anyone. He's called all the major conflicts right from the start & helped gain peace in Northern Ireland. Compare this to the Tories who bribe a group of former terrorists £1bn of taxpayers money just to keep control.

And still, you never hear even a Tory talk about all the wonderful things they do/have done. Instead it's about how incompetent the other lot would be if they were to get into power.
He's such a wonderful person, I have little doubt he'll be on the front of the benches alongside his paramour (you know, the one who can't count) The main reason we haven't seen Keir Starmer much is because he realizes that Corbyn is the wrong person to lead this country, and want's an unblemished record to stand as leader of the Labour party. The Jock National Party and the beauty queen of the Lib Dems will find it almost impossible to work under a Corbyn led coalition.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20259
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Election in December

Post by tonyp » 10 Dec 2019, 20:40

bristleposh wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 10:48
I'll be pleased when Friday comes and the result is in.
Me too.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Locked