Brexit again

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Brexit again

Post by ashman » 25 Oct 2019, 13:02

bristleposh wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 11:46
Does any democrat believe that a football forum is the correct place to try and convince people that I am brighter than thou.
In effect it is in the correct place because it is in 'General Chat.'
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 25 Oct 2019, 21:46

White G wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 13:23
So you're implying that I'm not successful in life & jealous of those who are?
No, I'm not.
I'm telling you that you should not be jealous of people who are successful in life and pay the minimum amount of tax that they legally have to.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Oct 2019, 11:06

9B138D7B-6659-4E82-812E-89633220FEAF.jpeg
9B138D7B-6659-4E82-812E-89633220FEAF.jpeg (109.82 KiB) Viewed 295 times
As true now as it ever has been
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 26 Oct 2019, 21:44

Yes correct

Lies and untruths don't suddenly become the truth just because they get repeated much and oft

Aaron banks knew that

So did Cummings

That's what they rely on

Those in the shallow end of the gene pool will be easily deceived

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Oct 2019, 08:19

...and those in the deep end are strugglling underwater and drowning in their own pomposity

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 27 Oct 2019, 10:28

You are either persuaded by the lies repeated time and again or you look for the truth

It is clear where you are

I prefer the truth

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Oct 2019, 12:13

Where did you find the truth, I assume it was written down somewhere by someone, you just trust them more than you care to trust the right wing press, and the majority of right thinking scholars. You have stated previously you don’t read The Grauniad so I can only assume it must be from the pages of Bunty.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 27 Oct 2019, 13:34

perhaps when you have confirmed in the past that UK sends £350millions per week , yet this week you quote a document quoting £8.5billion per year

the two figures are not consistent. at least one of them is an untruth. they are in direct contradiction one to the other

when you talk of the "vast majority of right thinking scholars" then perhaps you might say who these scholars are and reference their fine fine works????

you will notice of course that nobody nowadays talks of the Brexit dividend, nor of these easy trade negotiations about to happen within a minute of brexit, nor of the £350 millions, nor of the german car maker s and prosecco producers, desperate to hang on to their market, etc etc etc

it has all been lies; but the lies ,as arron banks says, stick in the minds of the easily influenced

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Oct 2019, 14:13

once again you haven't given your source, am I to be influenced by unsubstantiated lies

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 27 Oct 2019, 15:42

I would never exclude the guardian nor indeed the bunty though I am not clear as to whether it is still published

You may know more

I fascinated that you say I wouldn't read the guardian

I doubt you could quote the posting

I regularly read each of the major broadsheets

Practically every major uk economist apart from minford would demonstrate the lies being told in the name of brexit

Even he now openly says that the wab would decimate and more British agriculture

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 28 Oct 2019, 19:22

trevormans wrote:
27 Oct 2019, 15:42
I would never exclude the guardian nor indeed the bunty though I am not clear as to whether it is still published

You may know more

I fascinated that you say I wouldn't read the guardian

I doubt you could quote the posting

I regularly read each of the major broadsheets

Practically every major uk economist apart from minford would demonstrate the lies being told in the name of brexit

Even he now openly says that the wab would decimate and more British agriculture
One thing that you can't escape nor change with opinions or statistics, trev.

We voted to leave the EU, end of story. Parliament has to honour this, or be exposed as self serving at best and traitors to the public at worst.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 28 Oct 2019, 19:52

I accept that a small majority won the referendum , when nobody knew what the brexit would look like
If anybody had said in may 2016 that it would look like what seems to have been agreed by the great liar then very few would have voted for it

the country has voted to buy a ticket. we do not know where to, nor what it will cost. I do not see it as inappropriate to ask the people to confirm that this is what they actually want. of course no brexiteer would support that, because they know they would not win

yes 37% of the population voted to leave.

that is not "the will of the people" no matter how many times the daily mail, and telegraph say it is

I am not a traitor because I think it is bad for the country

The vote was very clearly over influenced by lies

Democracy is a process , it is not a point in time

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 28 Oct 2019, 20:35

trevormans wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 19:52
I accept that a small majority won the referendum , when nobody knew what the brexit would look like
If anybody had said in may 2016 that it would look like what seems to have been agreed by the great liar then very few would have voted for it

the country has voted to buy a ticket. we do not know where to, nor what it will cost. I do not see it as inappropriate to ask the people to confirm that this is what they actually want. of course no brexiteer would support that, because they know they would not win

yes 37% of the population voted to leave.

that is not "the will of the people" no matter how many times the daily mail, and telegraph say it is

I am not a traitor because I think it is bad for the country

The vote was very clearly over influenced by lies

Democracy is a process , it is not a point in time
I'd welcome it, and I'm sure the vote in favour would be even higher

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 28 Oct 2019, 20:38

if it were the case that the brexit were confirmed , now that we know more of what it will look like, then I would fully accept it

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 28 Oct 2019, 20:39

So, let me get this straight
You pay £8 .5 billion (which equates to about £2.30 pppw, or about half a pint a beer a week) to be in your immediately local club, the biggest multi national trading bloc in the world, that allows you to fish in the Baltic, the gulf of Bothnia, the North sea , the Irish sea, the English Channel, the Atlantic Ocean, the Bay of Biscay, the Mediterranean sea, the Adriatic, AND you can grow whatever legal crops you wish, and you can expect to get a favourable price, you can keep into your country any good quality people provided they get a job within 3 months and expel them if they are not working, and you get some 4000 other benefits, including high food standards, good employment rights, environmental standards ,you have a ready market for all your seafood crops, all your agriculture and you can protect your manufacturing supply chains, ready markets for all your manufactured goods, financial products and other services , as well as high standards of co-operation on medical matters, on drugs, on Atomic energy, on policing, on competition, on environmental matters, on rivers and clean beaches and so much more? They assist you with infrastructure expenditure, and especially in poor and deprived areas, you have free movement for your citizens throughout Europe, Ehic cards, Erasmus student exchanges? And most people who come to your country are from outside the club in any case? But you still have tens of thousands of jobs vacancies in the NHS, and your crops cannot be gathered in without the people from within the club? And some people think it would be good to stop them working here?
PLUS you already attract 63% of inward investment from overseas, you partake in all the major decision making of this club, you have a power of veto on any new members to join, you are not obliged to enter plans for closer political union, nor the Schengen agreement on borders, nor to join a common currency nor a common defence policy? You are respected throughout the world for being part of this multi-national club, your sterling has at least 15% more value than if you were not in the club, you are wonderfully prosperous as a country whereas you were the poor man of Europe before you joined the club? and if you were to leave then you would lose not less than 6% of GDP, by your own government’s estimates, you have peace in Northern Ireland, and you say there are hundreds more benefits which have not been mentioned here?? But people do not understand them? Almost no laws or court decisions are so intrusive on everyday citizens, that they can actually quote any personal difficulty with any of them?
Further, you are one of the most respected , indeed revered members within the club, with a disproportionate amount of sway. Not only do you have direct access to these markets , but also to another 70 other trading deals throughout the world?? And idiots have said they can be replicated overnight, but this is not so. Plus the fact that there have been no wars between the members of the club in the last 40 years, and this is the first time that this has happened in the last 3000 years? And it only costs you less than a pint of beer a week. This must be the bargain of a lifetime!!. It reminds me of Joni Mitchell singing “That you don't know what you've got til its gone”
The only reason that anybody who understands all these benefits, would wish to leave would be those who are swayed by the populist rabble rousers and by the lies told by the populist press owned and managed by offshore companies and who have other more selfish agendas. Further , if you did not have all these benefits then you would surely need to go cap in hand to other countries who, seeing the weakness of your new negotiating position , would insist on their having access to your markets with their lower standard products? , and then you would only gain perhaps access to say a few tens of millions of consumers, mostly much poorer , whilst losing free unfettered access to over 500 millions. Do people really understand what they would be giving up??

But you would be able to change the colour of your passports? Sorry, but you have always had that right.

Less than a pint of beer a week?? It surely is so good . Its no surprise that people do not want to admit they are wanting to turn their back on such a good deal, as they really would not look very clever, would they?