Greta Thunberg

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

White G

Greta Thunberg

Post by White G » 29 Sep 2019, 19:55

Discuss......

PoshCynic

Re: Greta Thunberg

Post by PoshCynic » 29 Sep 2019, 20:12

Means well but at her age she should be concentrating more on her school studies. Plenty of time thereafter to spend on protesting.

When older and better qualified, her views might carry more weight.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 29 Sep 2019, 20:21

Posh win again.
White G talks about anything but Posh.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

White G

Post by White G » 30 Sep 2019, 20:05

tonyp wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 20:21
Posh win again.
White G talks about anything but Posh.
I've not been to a game this season so haven't seen the team first hand yet.

Anyway Tony, thanks for another positive contribution to the forum. :?

White G

Post by White G » 30 Sep 2019, 20:08

PoshCynic wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 20:12
Means well but at her age she should be concentrating more on her school studies. Plenty of time thereafter to spend on protesting.

When older and better qualified, her views might carry more weight.
She's probably set herself up for a career in something green. Part of me thinks she should stop being so naive but equally I think she's right too. I read she as Asperger's syndrome which can mean she can get obsessive but often are very clever. She's defo ruffling a few feathers though and grown ups become too selfish over time to do anything about saving the earth.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 30 Sep 2019, 20:14

White G wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 20:05
Tony, thanks for another positive contribution to the forum. :?
You're welcome.
I wish I could return the compliment.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 30 Sep 2019, 22:25

Anyone who aspires to do something about climate change gets my vote. Despite my previous support of Trump I think he is now a bigoted buffoon
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Oct 2019, 05:59

bristleposh wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 22:25
Anyone who aspires to do something about climate change gets my vote.
Walk, cycle or use public transport
Australia’s transport sector accounts for a whopping 16% of the nation’s total greenhouse gas emissions.
When walking or cycling is not an option, swapping the car for a bus or train can also make a significant dent in emissions. Every kilometre travelled on public transport instead of a car saves up to half a kilogram of polluting greenhouse gases from being released into the Earth’s atmosphere.
Energy Use and Efficiency
Installing solar panels is a great way to reduce your household emissions and save money on electricity bills.
Over two million (over 20% of) Australian homes have solar power systems.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 01 Oct 2019, 07:46

She doesn't address the real problem. As climate change is said to be man made surely there has to be a stop to the rapid increase in world population which has occurred over recent years. There has to be limitation to population growth with worldwide programmes of sterilisation irrespective of personal desires and religious restrictions.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Oct 2019, 09:16

Poshay wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 07:46
She doesn't address the real problem. As climate change is said to be man made surely there has to be a stop to the rapid increase in world population which has occurred over recent years. There has to be limitation to population growth with worldwide programmes of sterilisation irrespective of personal desires and religious restrictions.
Well that's not likely to happen is it?
In my opinion, Greta Thurberg is speaking for herself and her peers. She is talking to the rest of us assuming we will do something about it.
Chances are she'll have to get together with others of like mind, get into governments etc and fix it herself.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Oct 2019, 10:10

Poshay wrote:
I agree stop scrounges and single parents from having any children if they’re prepared to support their offspring they can have them, put down drug addicts and alcoholics and we be part way there
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 Oct 2019, 13:12

bristleposh wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 10:10
Poshay wrote:
I agree stop scrounges and single parents from having any children if they’re prepared to support their offspring they can have them, put down drug addicts and alcoholics and we be part way there
It's easy isn't it bristle? Poison any Scumbridge supporters as well, and we would be nearly one 7.7 billionth of the way towards sorting the worlds problems! :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Oct 2019, 21:36

ashman wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 13:12
bristleposh wrote:
Poshay wrote:
It's easy isn't it bristle? Poison any Scumbridge supporters as well, and we would be nearly one 7.7 billionth of the way towards sorting the worlds problems! :roll:
You may well have hit on the answer that Greta is looking for.
Get rid of all people in the World other than Posh supporters and there would be bo problems at all.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 02 Oct 2019, 18:27

ashman wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
Poshay wrote:
Ashman, killing both Cambridge supporters wont make a difference

ashman

Post by ashman » 02 Oct 2019, 19:01

DaveLister wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 18:27
ashman wrote:
bristleposh wrote:

Ashman, killing both Cambridge supporters wont make a difference
Ah, I forgot about those two! :? :D
'Everybody needs to have a friend'