Americans

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29243
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Americans

Post by bristleposh » 30 Aug 2019, 04:57

Having recently watched lots of programmes on Crime & Investigation channel and Sony Crime, I have come to the conclusion that the system of allowing idiots the right to carry guns and then throwing them in jail for the rest of their lives, isn’t very clever. I suppose if guns were banned there’d be other ways these wastes of Oxygen would find to kill people, but it would make it harder. A country that voted for a man with a brain the size of a pea, albeit the alternative would have been far worse, deserves what it gets. Perhaps the reason the jails are so full is because the IQ of the average American is a lot lower than their shoe size. It is frightening when you see the age of some of these murderers who have not only ended a life but also ended their own.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18183
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Americans

Post by ashman » 30 Aug 2019, 07:27

Not too keen on our friends across the water, eh?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29243
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Americans

Post by bristleposh » 30 Aug 2019, 09:28

ashman wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 07:27
Not too keen on our friends across the water, eh?
Actually we have similar problems in this country, in so much as we have young kids who take away other people's lives, then complain when the courts don't give them heavy enough sentences. I think a good idea would be that any person guilty of a capital offence should be sent to an island and left to their own devices, give them a gun and a knife so that they can use them in such a way as necessary to gather food or protect themselves, if they choose to use the bullets or their knives to kill others then it would be good for the environment as they will have saved the world some of that wasted oxygen.

Instead of wasting money on HS2, give compensation and rehouse the 20 or so people who live on Foula in The Shetlands, If any can swim ashore they're welcome to their freedom, but in the freezing waters, where it takes the local ferry over two hours to sail, I doubt any would make it. Tke them in by helicopter which would have no need to land, and eject them from about 10feet above the ground, it would be beneficial to society in so many ways, no more prison guards, no wasting money on food and drink. If people are stupid enough to steal another's life then so be it.

by heavy enough I could also mean not heavy enough, it should be a standard tarriff, a trip to Foula
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20259
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Americans

Post by tonyp » 30 Aug 2019, 09:50

bristleposh wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 04:57
A country that voted for a man with a brain the size of a pea, albeit the alternative would have been far worse, deserves what it gets. Perhaps the reason the jails are so full is because the IQ of the average American is a lot lower than their shoe size.
Come off it bristle. A man with a brain the size of a pea would not be as successful in business as Trump is.
And the alternative might have been better. We'll never know.
And the IQ of Americans is not much different to yours and mine.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20259
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Americans

Post by tonyp » 30 Aug 2019, 09:51

bristleposh wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 09:28
I think a good idea would be that any person guilty of a capital offence should be sent to an island and left to their own devices, give them a gun and a knife so that they can use them in such a way as necessary to gather food or protect themselves, if they choose to use the bullets or their knives to kill others then it would be good for the environment as they will have saved the world some of that wasted oxygen.
Why not just bring back the death sentence?
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Happy Cat
Posts: 27
Joined: 28 Oct 2019, 19:34
Location: Kansas, America

Re: Americans

Post by Happy Cat » 30 Oct 2019, 17:33

I'm an American (sorry to say- I wish I was British) I hate guns and mourn whenever there is another mass shooting. How can a person harm another one? I'll never figure it out. :cry:

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16457
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Americans

Post by DaveLister » 31 Oct 2019, 05:20

tonyp wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 09:50
bristleposh wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 04:57
A country that voted for a man with a brain the size of a pea, albeit the alternative would have been far worse, deserves what it gets. Perhaps the reason the jails are so full is because the IQ of the average American is a lot lower than their shoe size.
Come off it bristle. A man with a brain the size of a pea would not be as successful in business as Trump is.
And the alternative might have been better. We'll never know.
And the IQ of Americans is not much different to yours and mine.
Trump could simply have good advisors. Hilary Clinton is successful too, you know
Image

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20259
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Americans

Post by tonyp » 31 Oct 2019, 09:09

DaveLister wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 05:20
tonyp wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 09:50
bristleposh wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 04:57
A country that voted for a man with a brain the size of a pea, albeit the alternative would have been far worse, deserves what it gets. Perhaps the reason the jails are so full is because the IQ of the average American is a lot lower than their shoe size.
Come off it bristle. A man with a brain the size of a pea would not be as successful in business as Trump is.
And the alternative might have been better. We'll never know.
And the IQ of Americans is not much different to yours and mine.
Trump could simply have good advisors. Hilary Clinton is successful too, you know
:stupid:
He undoubtedly does have good advisors. But he has to listen to them and the buck stops with him.
And you are right about Hilary Clinton too. As I said "the alternative [Hilary] might have been better. We'll never know."
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29243
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Americans

Post by bristleposh » 01 Nov 2019, 16:30

I have no doubt that nobody on this message board other than me will have heard of a band called Goldfinger, they did an album track a while back called FTN. I won't put a you tube link to it, if anyone bothers to YouTube it you will understand why. It is a snipe at the American gun culture, the NRA, and it's spokesperson Ted Nugent.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Happy Cat
Posts: 27
Joined: 28 Oct 2019, 19:34
Location: Kansas, America

Re: Americans

Post by Happy Cat » 01 Nov 2019, 16:49

tonyp wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 09:50
bristleposh wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 04:57
A country that voted for a man with a brain the size of a pea, albeit the alternative would have been far worse, deserves what it gets. Perhaps the reason the jails are so full is because the IQ of the average American is a lot lower than their shoe size.
Come off it bristle. A man with a brain the size of a pea would not be as successful in business as Trump is.
And the alternative might have been better. We'll never know.
And the IQ of Americans is not much different to yours and mine.
Thank you for the IQ statement!

Happy Cat
Posts: 27
Joined: 28 Oct 2019, 19:34
Location: Kansas, America

Re: Americans

Post by Happy Cat » 01 Nov 2019, 16:55

bristleposh wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 16:30
I have no doubt that nobody on this message board other than me will have heard of a band called Goldfinger, they did an album track a while back called FTN. I won't put a you tube link to it, if anyone bothers to YouTube it you will understand why. It is a snipe at the American gun culture, the NRA, and it's spokesperson Ted Nugent.
Even though I personally don't like guns, I live on a farm in Kansas. A rural small town community where I know many gun owners. Most enjoy hunting. These gun owners that I know would never harm anyone.but on the news you hear all these horrible stories. It's crazy😥

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20259
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Americans

Post by tonyp » 06 Nov 2019, 02:09

Talking about Americans. Different names for the same things are interesting.
Do you have a garbage bin or a rubbish bin? We have rubbish bins.
Do you pronounce aluminium as aluminum or the correct way, aluminium?
Do you walk on the footpath or the sidewalk?
There are lots more differences.
My daughter, who is Australian, pops the trunk whereas I open the boot.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29243
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Americans

Post by bristleposh » 06 Nov 2019, 10:31

tonyp wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 02:09
Talking about Americans. Different names for the same things are interesting.
Do you have a garbage bin or a rubbish bin? We have rubbish bins.
Do you pronounce aluminium as aluminum or the correct way, aluminium?
Do you walk on the footpath or the sidewalk?
There are lots more differences.
My daughter, who is Australian, pops the trunk whereas I open the boot.
We have about 42 recycling bins
Aluminium
Pavement
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20259
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Americans

Post by tonyp » 06 Nov 2019, 20:43

bristleposh wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 10:31

We have about 42 recycling bins
Aluminium
Pavement
1. What are the other 40?
2. You recycle the pavement? How do you dig it up? Which bin do you put it in?
We don't recycle the pavement ourselves. The council looks after that sort of thing. Almost certainly the same in America.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Post Reply