Introduce Yourself

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
BAPD15
Posts: 4
Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:10

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by BAPD15 » 07 Jun 2018, 08:23

I'm more of a reader than a poster on there now. A few posts a week rather than a few a day.

Doesn't mean I've left or lost interest in the site though, just don't contribute as much unless I feel the need to
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/andrewjames/Studio_20180606_214923_1.jpg

Wycliffe
Posts: 1929
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Wycliffe » 07 Jun 2018, 13:34

bristleposh wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 06:40
I think you'll find this place far more tolerant. There is a core of 20 or so n the other forum who rule the roost. I don't think of them as a clique as there ideas often go against each other. Welcome back going forward.
20? You could only dream of numbers like that on here :lol:

Maybe I could be accused of being in that clique/core even though I have had more warnings of a red than the actual number you have received :wink:

It really isn't as bad as you and others like chompy who unlike on here was pretty much ignored on .net make it out to be.

Saying that this time of year means pub talk is a lot more fun than LR

Marshman
Posts: 5
Joined: 04 Feb 2019, 23:25

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Marshman » 05 Feb 2019, 00:23

Followed The Posh for many years despite never having lived close to the city for any long period of time. Have I would suppose like many fans had my character built a good many times but still love the club and would not follow anyone else. Am a member on the other fans forum but have slowly become disillusioned with some of the agenda merchants and also the cliques which I suppose you find on any fans forum and strange moderating decisions and methods as well. Look forward to contributing to the discussions about Posh when I have the time.
There are those that read only to reply and there are those that read to understand.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18376
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by ashman » 05 Feb 2019, 07:38

Welcome Marshman. I notice that .net has been down for quite a few hours!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Marshman
Posts: 5
Joined: 04 Feb 2019, 23:25

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Marshman » 05 Feb 2019, 09:18

Yes I believe it has been down since sometime yesterday afternoon so looks as if it a bit of a serious problem. There loss is this forums gain I suppose as I decided to take a look on this site to see if there was any information as to why .net was not working. Glad I did as it seems that everyone is affected and not just myself.
There are those that read only to reply and there are those that read to understand.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29775
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by bristleposh » 05 Feb 2019, 10:01

Welcome Marshman, I'm surprised a few of the other regular contributors like Wycliffe and Claud Rains have not put in an appearance.
Political correctness gone mad these days,
you can't say Mongoose, you have to say
Special needs goose

User avatar
John Terry's Mum
Posts: 17
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 23:26

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by John Terry's Mum » 29 Jul 2019, 23:41

The world saw my growler when I was getting out of a taxi.
Did you see my growler?

Happy Cat
Posts: 27
Joined: 28 Oct 2019, 19:34

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Happy Cat » 30 Oct 2019, 17:54

My name is Sophie and I live in America. I adore the United Kingdom. The home of Jane Austin, J K Rowling, Charles Dickens.....(just to name a few) my ancestors are from Wisbech. 'cuz of that, I have a special fondness for all things Cambridgeshire.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29775
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by bristleposh » 30 Oct 2019, 18:47

Happy Cat wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 17:54
My name is Sophie and I live in America. I adore the United Kingdom. The home of Jane Austin, J K Rowling, Charles Dickens.....(just to name a few) my ancestors are from Wisbech. 'cuz of that, I have a special fondness for all things Cambridgeshire.
Except Cambridge United I trust
Political correctness gone mad these days,
you can't say Mongoose, you have to say
Special needs goose

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20513
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by tonyp » 30 Oct 2019, 20:31

Happy Cat wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 17:54
My name is Sophie and I live in America. I adore the United Kingdom. The home of Jane Austin, J K Rowling, Charles Dickens.....(just to name a few) my ancestors are from Wisbech. 'cuz of that, I have a special fondness for all things Cambridgeshire.
Happy Cat wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 17:33
I'm an American (sorry to say- I wish I was British) I hate guns and mourn whenever there is another mass shooting. How can a person harm another one? I'll never figure it out. :cry:
Hi Sophie. Welcome to the board.
Which part of America do you live in? My daughter lives in Massachusetts and I know a few people who live there. I don't know any who wish they were British or would prefer to live in the UK. Some of them don't even hate guns.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Happy Cat
Posts: 27
Joined: 28 Oct 2019, 19:34

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Happy Cat » 01 Nov 2019, 00:36

tonyp wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 20:31
Happy Cat wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 17:54
My name is Sophie and I live in America. I adore the United Kingdom. The home of Jane Austin, J K Rowling, Charles Dickens.....(just to name a few) my ancestors are from Wisbech. 'cuz of that, I have a special fondness for all things Cambridgeshire.
Happy Cat wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 17:33
I'm an American (sorry to say- I wish I was British) I hate guns and mourn whenever there is another mass shooting. How can a person harm another one? I'll never figure it out. :cry:
Hi Sophie. Welcome to the board.
Which part of America do you live in? My daughter lives in Massachusetts and I know a few people who live there. I don't know any who wish they were British or would prefer to live in the UK. Some of them don't even hate guns.
I live in Kansas (Like Dorothy of Wizard of Oz fame) Perhaps hate is too strong of a word about my feelings towards guns, but I certainly don't like them. As far as me wishing to be British and not American, my parents tell my I should be thankful for being an American and living in a free country. I drive my parents crazy about my love of all things British, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish.

Happy Cat
Posts: 27
Joined: 28 Oct 2019, 19:34

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Happy Cat » 01 Nov 2019, 00:47

bristleposh wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 18:47
Happy Cat wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 17:54
My name is Sophie and I live in America. I adore the United Kingdom. The home of Jane Austin, J K Rowling, Charles Dickens.....(just to name a few) my ancestors are from Wisbech. 'cuz of that, I have a special fondness for all things Cambridgeshire.
Except Cambridge United I trust
You trust correctly. I will never cheer for them. They're bunch of turkeys.

User avatar
Lester Bangs
Posts: 29
Joined: 13 Feb 2020, 09:42
Location: P-Town

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Lester Bangs » 13 Feb 2020, 10:07

I am a dead rock journalist.
The ultimate sin of any performer is contempt for the audience.

stumpy
Posts: 45
Joined: 01 Feb 2020, 15:52

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by stumpy » 17 Feb 2020, 19:26

Wycliffe wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 13:34
bristleposh wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 06:40
I think you'll find this place far more tolerant. There is a core of 20 or so n the other forum who rule the roost. I don't think of them as a clique as there ideas often go against each other. Welcome back going forward.
20? You could only dream of numbers like that on here :lol:

Maybe I could be accused of being in that clique/core even though I have had more warnings of a red than the actual number you have received :wink:

It really isn't as bad as you and others like chompy who unlike on here was pretty much ignored on .net make it out to be.

Saying that this time of year means pub talk is a lot more fun than LR
Sorry Adi but the other forum has become a place for group think run by people who have been to fewer Posh games than I have in the last 25 years (and I've lived in the USA for all of that time) Much prefer the tolerance for dissenting views on here and, frankly, the entire matchday experience and follow up discussion is much more interesting here. I wasn't banned, but yet another warning for "Spam" when similar comments from the mods friends were left up signalled that it was time to go. It's a cosy little group of pseudo Posh fans patting each other on the back...so, as one of the very original forum posters when I would take a call from Mick Bratley and post updates live from the game from California, I'm happy to be somewhere where I can have a different opinion without the pseudo-intellectual rubbish from students who protect each other...

User avatar
Meatspinner
Posts: 35
Joined: 19 Feb 2020, 11:46

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Meatspinner » 25 Feb 2020, 11:35

I am, I'm me.

Who are you to look down at what I believe? I'm on to your thinking and how you deceive. Well, you can't abuse me, I won't stand no more. Yes, I know the reasons, yes, I know the score

Post Reply