Brexit again

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

White G

Re: Brexit again

Post by White G » 20 Oct 2019, 19:10

The new EU tax evasion scheme is supposedly being launched in January 2020, which will openly tell us who is avoiding their taxes, how much they're hiding etc.

No wonder all the Tories are desperately pushing to get a deal done now at all costs.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 21 Oct 2019, 15:20

If there were a second referendum between stay or Johnson's deal then i would have no problem in accepting the result

I personally would be content for the bar to be set at 52% if it favoured remain
Provided of course that the government's impact assessment had been made clear and that it was clear that there is no brexit dividend⁰

This would need to include how it will affect both the national economy and individuals and families⁰

As well as a clear explanation as to why he and Cummings have removed the legal protections on employment on environment and on social protections

It is astonishing that even today the great liar does not intend to publish either the impact assessment or the legal advice
Why would anybody trust him to behave honestly? Or indeed for the good of the whole country?

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 21 Oct 2019, 19:13

Trev, he's a politician. Hes never going to behave honestly

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 21 Oct 2019, 20:02

no

he is the king liar

who is frightened to disclose the truth because it will show people how they have been conned

nobody wants to admit it remember mark twains words

it is easier to con somebody than it is to get them to admit that they have been conned

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 21 Oct 2019, 21:11

DaveLister wrote:
21 Oct 2019, 19:13
Trev, he's a politician. Hes never going to behave honestly
Correct. Unfortunately.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 21 Oct 2019, 21:25

White G wrote:
20 Oct 2019, 19:10
The new EU tax evasion scheme is supposedly being launched in January 2020, which will openly tell us who is avoiding their taxes, how much they're hiding etc.

No wonder all the Tories are desperately pushing to get a deal done now at all costs.
You really don't like people who manage their affairs to legally pay as little tax as possible, do you?
Kerry Packer, a very succesful Australian businessman said "I am not evading tax in any way, shape or form. Now of course I am minimising my tax and if anybody in this country doesn't minimise their tax they want their heads read because as a government I can tell you you're not spending it that well that we should be donating extra."

White G

Post by White G » 22 Oct 2019, 17:03

tonyp wrote:
21 Oct 2019, 21:25
White G wrote:
20 Oct 2019, 19:10

You really don't like people who manage their affairs to legally pay as little tax as possible, do you?
Kerry Packer, a very succesful Australian businessman said "I am not evading tax in any way, shape or form. Now of course I am minimising my tax and if anybody in this country doesn't minimise their tax they want their heads read because as a government I can tell you you're not spending it that well that we should be donating extra."
I think there's quite a bit of illegal/grey goings on, and yes I 100% agree that big businesses & wealthy should also pay their taxes like the smaller businesses & everyday workers. The wealthy have created the loopholes for themselves to exploit, making what should be illegal now count as legal in some cases.

So you're telling me that you have no problem with multinational companies paying no tax while you have to pay more, and get less in return? A good example of this situation was in Greece and look how that ended.

The EU are obviously trying to clamp down on corruption, increasing inequality, and country's endingb up with huge debts. Only a devious crook would have anything to hide here so how could it possibly be a bad idea?

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Oct 2019, 09:35

White G wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 17:03

So you're telling me that you have no problem with multinational companies paying no tax while you have to pay more, and get less in return?
No. I'm not telling you that.
I'm telling you that you should not be jealous of people who are successful in life and pay the minimum amount of tax that they legally have to.

White G

Post by White G » 24 Oct 2019, 13:23

tonyp wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 09:35
White G wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 17:03

So you're telling me that you have no problem with multinational companies paying no tax while you have to pay more, and get less in return?
No. I'm not telling you that.
I'm telling you that you should not be jealous of people who are successful in life and pay the minimum amount of tax that they legally have to.
So you're implying that I'm not successful in life & jealous of those who are?

The problem as I explained earlier is that there are many dodgy, corrupt, immoral loopholes which are being allowed to be classified as legal as the very people who make these decisions are the ones who are cashing in on them.

Then people start to complain about the state of the roads or the NHS in crisis.

These same people also caused the banking crisis, sinking everyone into a mess caused by the greed of a small few. But who bails them out & takes the pain?

And you wonder why the gap between rich & poor has increased so much in the last 10-15 years? Its not because the rich have got even smarter & innovative, whilst the poor are becoming more & more stupid. It's cos the everyday person is paying up for the recklessness & stupidity of city traders whilst the rich are finding it easier to avoid paying taxes.

White G

Post by White G » 24 Oct 2019, 13:41

Brexiteers, is the privatisation of the NHS a price worth paying to leave Europe? I hear the Tories voted down Labour's motion to protect the NHS post-Brexit, this suggests that privatisation is a very real possibility.

Is this concerning or a sacrifice worth making as we get closer to the USA and their business models?

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 24 Oct 2019, 18:41

The prime minister continues to try to avoid scrutiny at every point

Prorogue parliament illegally
Stupid queens speech for no reason
A mere 3 days to debate most important legislation since the war
Only 2 pmqs in 3 months
Dare not appear on bbc today programme

And now refuses for a third time to appear before the liaison committee

Childish letter to EU

And this man is our leader???

.take back control???

This man is a dangerous clown

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Oct 2019, 19:08

If he said Posh are currently top of league one you'd call him a liar, Not sure that Johnson could do anything that you or Whitey would not refer to him as a liar.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 24 Oct 2019, 19:55

No you are wrong. If he was addressing Posh supporters he would say anything that they want to hear but he would change his mind ten minutes later if he is addressing Sunderland or Ipswich fans. He appears charming and funny but there is no substance to what he says. The way he has abandoned the Unionists in Ireland shows his shallowness but surely anybody with two positive ions to rub together would accept that he does seek to avoid scrutiny. This is totally because his bluster and lies do not stand up to scrutiny. He is a dangerous man

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 25 Oct 2019, 10:11

does any democrat believe he is behaving properly on any of these points??
Only 2 pmqs in 3 months
Childish letter to EU

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Oct 2019, 11:46

trevormans wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 10:11
does any democrat believe he is behaving properly on any of these points??
Only 2 pmqs in 3 months
Childish letter to EU
Does any democrat believe that a football forum is the correct place to try and convince people that I am brighter than thou.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits