England

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

England

Post by bristleposh » 12 Oct 2020, 10:46

All the experts on Twitter FB and LRE and me, thought the manager had made a mistake with his selections particularly in midfield defence and keeper. However we did beat the number one ranked team in the world so perhaps he does know what he is doing our man of the match Kyle Walker outstanding game.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

bristleposh

Re: England

Post by bristleposh » 14 Oct 2020, 22:53

How can we beat the best side in Europe one day, and then get beaten by Denmark the next, maybe picking an overrated defender was the answer. We should stick to four at the back and leave bloody Maguire back in a Greek hotel
they're a prat!

ashman

Post by ashman » 15 Oct 2020, 07:03

bristleposh wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 22:53
How can we beat the best side in Europe one day, and then get beaten by Denmark the next, maybe picking an overrated defender was the answer. We should stick to four at the back and leave bloody Maguire back in a Greek hotel
Harry Maguire was superb at Leicester and commanded an £80m fee from Manure. (Ridiculous money but the going rate at the time) Rated as one of the very best defenders in the world. So what on earth has gone wrong with this player?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 15 Oct 2020, 07:31

ashman wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 07:03
bristleposh wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 22:53
Harry Maguire was superb at Leicester and commanded an £80m fee from Manure. (Ridiculous money but the going rate at the time) Rated as one of the very best defenders in the world. So what on earth has gone wrong with this player?
Really don't know what Maguires deal is. Kept Jack Marriott in his pocket when we played Leicester in the Fa cup a few years ago, now he can't do anything right. He should have remembered that he's the captain of Manchester United when going drinking in Greece though

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 15 Oct 2020, 07:31

England lost despite picking a team originating from the four corners of the world. Some couldn't or wouldn't even sing the National Anthem. :cry:
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 15 Oct 2020, 08:22

Maguire would, in my opinion, not even get into the Posh team at present. £79 million too expensive. Poor footballer and an even poorer teamate. Sorry, just not my type.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Oct 2020, 08:28

There was a clip on BBC Breakfast yesterday about rutting stags in a field full of Does, I do believe the stag had better control than Maguire.
they're a prat!