Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: MK Dons v Posh

Post by stumpy » 15 Dec 2020, 22:08

Bluemike wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 22:01
The ref's an embarrassment......albeit we're benefitting
Worst I've seen in many a year....we are under the cosh again....

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 15 Dec 2020, 22:16

We are hanging in there and Szmodics has been as wasteful as Clarke....Mason, Butler and Hamilton on for Kanu, Brown and Burrows....we need to get a hold of the ball

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 15 Dec 2020, 22:23

1-1 and it has to be said, we are being ripped apart....we cannot play the press at all...Szmodics has been very disappointing

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 15 Dec 2020, 22:24

Forget it. We've given the ball away all this 2nd half. We'll be lucky to take the point now.

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 15 Dec 2020, 22:43

Between now and the Ipswich game, we have got to practice passing and keeping the ball. Awful ball control. Thanks to back 3/5 for getting us the point.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 15 Dec 2020, 22:53

that was a very lucky point - we must have had 2% possession - woeful passing and when our genius manager subbed our only threat, Dembele and put on Eisa...and Szmodics should have been the experience to gain us possession but he ended up giving it away more Flynn Clarke (who I thought had a poor game)

Ronnie Edwards superb for a 17 year old but, on the whole, were mauled by a much better team on the night...good point

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 15 Dec 2020, 22:56

Disappointing, drab game. poor control of the ball and poor passing. Lucky in the end getting a point. Ipswich next Saturday to put it right.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 15 Dec 2020, 23:06

Me and mad Boxer now sat here with G+T in hand waiting for Fergie radio excuse. Hopefully he'll say they're in at 7am for 1hr of passing practice

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Dec 2020, 23:38

He got the team selection spot on again, but then used his substitutes totally wrong, Clarke should have gone first for Szmodics . Kanu had to go because he was injured but Burrows had done nothing wrong. If he was desperate to get Butler on surely Beevers would have been the move to make. Eisa seems to have upped his game but he doesn’t seem to gel with JCH. I got my answer Hamilton and Taylor doesn’t work as a two in the middle.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 15 Dec 2020, 23:43

Another inept performance against an average Div 1 side who would have won comfortably if they had had a decent finisher. We made them look good because once again we were so poor, especially second half.
We weathered a 20 min onslaught in the first half on an awful pitch I must say and then started using the wide areas of the pitch where it wasn't as boggy.
Second half we reverted to just sitting deep, hanging on to our 1.0 and hoofing balls aimlessly up front.
Why the hell did we not use the wide areas and get crosses in.
I just scratch my head sometimes as to how the players are coached and our manager always bleeting on about how footballs a simple game. If that's correct, then why do we make it look so bloody difficult!

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 15 Dec 2020, 23:45

bristleposh wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 23:38
He got the team selection spot on again, but then used his substitutes totally wrong, Clarke should have gone first for Szmodics . Kanu had to go because he was injured but Burrows had done nothing wrong. If he was desperate to get Butler on surely Beevers would have been the move to make. Eisa seems to have upped his game but he doesn’t seem to gel with JCH. I got my answer Hamilton and Taylor doesn’t work as a two in the middle.
In his interview afterwards he was clearly unhappy with Sriki giving the ball away. Also mentioned a few times that the senior players need to step up which I think was a shot at Szmodics and Eisa (certainly the former)...in making a point about Dembele, he almost lost us the game - poor management but a good point in the end. Beat Ipswich and it will be a good week

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 16 Dec 2020, 09:24

Didn't watch last night, but after watching Fergie's interview I thought we'd played pretty well (apart from his repeated digs towards Dembele & Szmodics).
However, after reading this message board & a bit on social media, it appears we were back to our useless selves, totally outplayed by a very average League One team again.

I did have to laugh when he said MK are in a false position. Everybody we play should be at the top apparently.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 16 Dec 2020, 10:53

I don't know what's more irritating, Chris Reas record of Driving home for Christmas or Fergies record of we didn't pass well enough.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 16 Dec 2020, 13:42

Played poorly but didn't lose, I'll take that. 4 points in 2 games so that meets Fergie's 2 points a game target. Rochdale won 5-0 at Wigan tonight yet looked woeful against us so shows that it's a crazy league. Media Darlings Sunderland only drew at home with Wimbledon and Hull lost at Blackpool so I'll take 3rd place setting us up for the busy Christmas period.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 16 Dec 2020, 14:46

HantsPosh wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 13:42
Played poorly but didn't lose, I'll take that. 4 points in 2 games so that meets Fergie's 2 points a game target. Rochdale won 5-0 at Wigan tonight yet looked woeful against us so shows that it's a crazy league. Media Darlings Sunderland only drew at home with Wimbledon and Hull lost at Blackpool so I'll take 3rd place setting us up for the busy Christmas period.
I'm sorry, but we cant just rely on teams above and around us dropping points. We've got to hit a level of consistency and a formation that the players are happy with. I thought last night we were awful second half. No pattern to our play whatsoever. We don't have a leader nor do we have a midfield general. I'm not a fan of Beevers as captain. I watched him closely last night and there is no drive, talk or collaboration with his team mates. Why on earth he takes throw ins beggars belief. Every one he took last night went to an opposing player.