Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by bristleposh » 12 Dec 2020, 18:12

stumpy wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 15:41
Hamilton must be injured?

Pretty much what I was calling for after beating West Ham infants...hoping the young 'uns show up strong :clap:
Those West Ham infants had an average age of 22,1 Posh an average of 21.7
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Dec 2020, 18:19

Two down points, Thompson booking will put him out of the game on Tuesday, and a possible injury to JCH. A much beyyer performance, especially in the first half Kanu’s best game for Posh. Pym looked shaky today, probably his worst performance..I have a feeling Ferguson will replace Thompson with Mason, I don’t think he should
they're a prat!

Wilco

Post by Wilco » 12 Dec 2020, 19:00

bristleposh wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 18:19
Two down points, Thompson booking will put him out of the game on Tuesday, and a possible injury to JCH. A much beyyer performance, especially in the first half Kanu’s best game for Posh. Pym looked shaky today, probably his worst performance..I have a feeling Ferguson will replace Thompson with Mason, I don’t think he should
I think he should replace Beavers with Mason and bring in the young centre back (who’s name escapes me) for Thompson.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Dec 2020, 19:02

Wilco wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 19:00
bristleposh wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 18:19
I think he should replace Beavers with Mason and bring in the young centre back (who’s name escapes me) for Thompson.
Edwards
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 12 Dec 2020, 23:44

Great win today & good to see the chairman picked the right team (almost to a man from his podcast).

Now go on a run Posh. We certainly can’t afford any more blips
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 13 Dec 2020, 16:35

That was about the first time this season that I felt excited by our performance. The wins at Northampton and Bristol were admirably composed, controlled performances; the win over Shrewsbury was against ten men for half of the game. This was different: we looked eager to play football for once.
I did feel that the situation called for replacing JC-H with Eisa at half-time; beneficial to both players, in my view. Similarly, I imagine that, with two defenders on red cards at half-time, Edwards would have expected some playing time.

It was a little ironic to hear the Rochdale manager's post-game remarks:
'Peterborough’s intensity in the first-half took us by surprise....' Sad, but understandable. He went on to add what we've heard often enough from our own manager this season:
'we played with no personality in the first-half. We weren’t aggressive enough. We were better in the second-half,...'

Memo to management from Danny Blanchflower:
'The game is about.... going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 13 Dec 2020, 20:30

JohnC wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 16:35
It was a little ironic to hear the Rochdale manager's post-game remarks.
Of course, what he should have said was " We were beaten by a much better and much better managed team. If our fans are anything like some of Peterborough's fans they will now be calling for my head."

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 13 Dec 2020, 22:20

tonyp wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 20:30
JohnC wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 16:35
It was a little ironic to hear the Rochdale manager's post-game remarks.
Of course, what he should have said was " We were beaten by a much better and much better managed team. If our fans are anything like some of Peterborough's fans they will now be calling for my head."
Given that Rochdale have shipped ten goals to us over the same fixture last year and this, I think he'd be prepared to concede 'better and better managed'.
He might also have added: '....and significantly better financed, too.'

Time for a view from Chorley, perhaps?