Eddie Howe

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

pleasureboy60
Posts: 368
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Eddie Howe

Post by pleasureboy60 » 05 Dec 2020, 09:14

Eddie Howe would be a great manager for this club. Expensive maybe and a pipe dream, but his enthusiasm, experience, style of football and respect he has from both players and other fellow professionals, would certainly bring out the best from this current squad of misfiring individuals. One can only dream!!!

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9796
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Brianposh » 05 Dec 2020, 13:50

He was offered the position a few years back when Mc.Cann was appointed. He went to Burnley instead but could not settle. VERY EXPENSIVE, and wants to stay South Coast..................anyway we have a good Manager.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18830
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by ashman » 05 Dec 2020, 17:04

Brianposh wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 13:50
He was offered the position a few years back when Mc.Cann was appointed. He went to Burnley instead but could not settle. VERY EXPENSIVE, and wants to stay South Coast..................anyway we have a good Manager.
True but there are always those who don't have a clue about such things!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 945
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Gaz_Miller » 05 Dec 2020, 17:38

Brianposh wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 13:50
He was offered the position a few years back when Mc.Cann was appointed. He went to Burnley instead but could not settle. VERY EXPENSIVE, and wants to stay South Coast..................anyway we have a good Manager.
Clueless comment
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

Bluemike
Posts: 124
Joined: 09 Jan 2020, 20:04

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Bluemike » 05 Dec 2020, 17:46

Well if "we have a good manager", perhaps Dmac will introduce him to us in a press conference on Monday

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 945
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Gaz_Miller » 05 Dec 2020, 17:52

Anybody who thinks Darren Ferguson is a good manager quite frankly doesn’t understand football.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 945
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Gaz_Miller » 05 Dec 2020, 18:14

Eddie Howe is a great shout. Could be tempted by a rich lower league club with the prospect of a new stadium & ambitious owners.

Go get him & start running the club like you mean business.

Farting around with a conference manager is holding us back.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20919
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by tonyp » 05 Dec 2020, 18:18

Gaz_Miller wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 18:14
Eddie Howe is a great shout. Could be tempted by a rich lower league club with the prospect of a new stadium & ambitious owners.

Go get him & start running the club like you mean business.

Farting around with a conference manager is holding us back.
Is that a quote from a message you have sent to DMac? Let us know his response.

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1626
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by PoshCynic » 05 Dec 2020, 20:49

Brianposh wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 13:50
He was offered the position a few years back when Mc.Cann was appointed. He went to Burnley instead but could not settle. VERY EXPENSIVE, and wants to stay South Coast..................anyway we have a good Manager.
Are you serious, Brian? Whenever Posh are in a losing streak, he shows no sign that he has a clue as to how to stop any such slump. Same happened at when he was at PNE.

Wilco
Posts: 80
Joined: 18 Jan 2020, 09:11

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Wilco » 05 Dec 2020, 21:13

Brianposh wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 13:50
He was offered the position a few years back when Mc.Cann was appointed. He went to Burnley instead but could not settle. VERY EXPENSIVE, and wants to stay South Coast..................anyway we have a good Manager.
I’m with you Brian. You’re a man who knows and understands football, unlike some of the jokers who think Marcus Maddison and Leo Da Silva Lopes are England material.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30370
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by bristleposh » 05 Dec 2020, 21:39

Wilco wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 21:13
Brianposh wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 13:50
He was offered the position a few years back when Mc.Cann was appointed. He went to Burnley instead but could not settle. VERY EXPENSIVE, and wants to stay South Coast..................anyway we have a good Manager.
I’m with you Brian. You’re a man who knows and understands football, unlike some of the jokers who think Marcus Maddison and Leo Da Silva Lopes are England material.
Leo would certainly struggle, being Portuguese.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 945
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Gaz_Miller » 05 Dec 2020, 21:46

bristleposh wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 21:39
Wilco wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 21:13
Brianposh wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 13:50
He was offered the position a few years back when Mc.Cann was appointed. He went to Burnley instead but could not settle. VERY EXPENSIVE, and wants to stay South Coast..................anyway we have a good Manager.
I’m with you Brian. You’re a man who knows and understands football, unlike some of the jokers who think Marcus Maddison and Leo Da Silva Lopes are England material.
Leo would certainly struggle, being Portuguese.
:clap: :clap:
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

Wilco
Posts: 80
Joined: 18 Jan 2020, 09:11

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Wilco » 05 Dec 2020, 21:52

Gaz_Miller wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 21:46
bristleposh wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 21:39
Wilco wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 21:13


I’m with you Brian. You’re a man who knows and understands football, unlike some of the jokers who think Marcus Maddison and Leo Da Silva Lopes are England material.
Leo would certainly struggle, being Portuguese.
:clap: :clap:
He’s more chance of playing for England than he has for Portugal but point taken 🤦‍♂️🤪😂

Pufc1971
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 12:48

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Pufc1971 » 06 Dec 2020, 15:47

Scott Ruscoe manager of The New Saints Good manager worked with good football people.Give him a chance.

HantsPosh
Posts: 621
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by HantsPosh » 06 Dec 2020, 18:58

Pufc1971 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 15:47
Scott Ruscoe manager of The New Saints Good manager worked with good football people.Give him a chance.
Bit early with the April Fools joke :clap2:

Locked