AFC Wimbledon v Posh moved....

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

dunc

Re: AFC Wimbledon v Posh moved....

Post by dunc » 03 Dec 2020, 16:00

Wimbledon had a much tougher programme of games going into the fixture than we did, that's why they sat off us and let us play the ball about and dominate possession, but for all our so-called dominance we didn't hurt them, we didn't see their keeper forced to make many saves, in fact he had less to do than Pym! Yes we should have led at half time, but the clear chances were either weak or off target. They decided to play football for half a game only and took their chances.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 03 Dec 2020, 17:15

JohnC wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 15:22
'....we were the better team', is an opinion, not a fact.
AFC Wimbledon scored more goals than we did. They conceded fewer goals than we did. They won the game. Those are facts.

Once one enters the realm of 'merit', of 'getting what we did/did not deserve', there are few obviously conclusive arguments (although I'm not sure many would challenge the view that Chorley were the better team and deserved their win over us). Fleetwood and Hull fans probably feel they didn't deserve to lose against us. The Plymouth manager opined, 'We were unfortunate not to take a point here'. Butler probably deserved to get sent off against Blackpool. And so on. If a hypothetical 'Merit Adjudication Panel' awards us a point against Wimbledon, then it would probably make the same judgement in favour of Fleetwood and Hull; and we'd be three points worse off.
You can Swindon to that list. They were one up & had a blatant penalty turned down. So that's six points worse off.

Truth of the matter is, we are in a false position. Anybody who's seen the majority of matches will concur. Only those who a) don't watch or b) wear rose tinted glasses would have us in the top two or three.

For a League One squad that cost/is worth close to £10 million, that is bordering on pathetic.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 04 Dec 2020, 00:14

I don't agree with your comment on Swindon, Yes, they might have had a penalty (Szmodics with the challenge), but I seem to recall that they missed two or three very good chances in the first twenty minutes, so I don't feel that can claim with any justification that they were hard done by. Similarly, I feel we were worth our win over Plymouth....just. I would have been frustrated but unsurprised if they'd snatched an equaliser.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 04 Dec 2020, 10:12

dunc wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 16:00
for all our so-called dominance we didn't hurt them
Correct. Which is why some of us are concerned that we didn't win.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Dec 2020, 10:45

tonyp wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 10:12
dunc wrote:
We're all concerned why we didn't win
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 04 Dec 2020, 14:06

tonyp wrote:
dunc wrote:
'Some of us' may not include the manager, who offered these calming words: We can’t let the actual results affect us too much’.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 04 Dec 2020, 21:05

bristleposh wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 10:45
tonyp wrote:
dunc wrote:
We're all concerned why we didn't win
Well, obviously. But some of us don't think it was the manager's fault.